Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I wonder where she's gonna get the name "Danvers" from anyway. Maybe the DEO hooks her up with a secret ID.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I wonder where she's gonna get the name "Danvers" from anyway. Maybe the DEO hooks her up with a secret ID.
    Did they say she is gonna go by Danvers,i must have missed it,but i havent seen it anywhere.

It was in the Rebirth preview. She'll be Kara Danvers to people.

BANNED

It was in the Rebirth preview. She'll be Kara Danvers to people.
    Can you post it,or direct me to a link to see it?

BleedingCool did articles for most of the entry: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/...birth-details/

Re member

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Can you post it,or direct me to a link to see it?

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Still loving the art style for this book.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

Ok thats cool.

So what comes first,kara taking the last name Danvers,OR meeting the Danvers and then having the name given to her?

Supergirl Rebirth August solicitation

Looks like they're taking it back with Lar-on

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Wow, I'm already so excited for this comic. Orlando and his dynamically pleasing art team is best case scenario for this book and I hope the sore fans flock.

What's with everyone losing their powers lately?

New52 Superman had the Truth arc, SuperDad is saying his powers aren't what they used to be, now Supergirl needs some organization to "restore her powers"? Is there some sort of overall story arc going on here that's going to result in a big reveal that has an overarching explanation for all the Kryptonians and neo-Kryptonians from other universes from other universes having trouble with their powers, or is it all just going to be individual explanations? I get that with new52 Superman, it was related to Vandal Savage and his plans. But what's up with these other people going forward?

Is DC Comics just so lacking in ideas that the only thing they can think of doing with Kryptonians is stripping them of some or all of their powers for a million different individual reasons constantly? I mean, once with one person is a story arc. It happening to everyone over the course of one year, unless it's part of something much bigger, is a bit much. If they really can't think of fresh stories to write for fully powered Kryptonians, why do they keep introducing more and more of them? Like, if you think Superman being Superman impedes your ability to write for him, why introduce Super Dad, Jon, Superwoman, New Super-Man (China), etc. and bring back Supergirl? It's just magnifying your problem and shining a spotlight on it. But it really shouldn't *be* a problem, because there are plenty of stories you can tell about fully powered Kryptonians under a yellow sun.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post

New52 Superman had the Truth arc, SuperDad is saying his powers aren't what they used to be, now Supergirl needs some organization to "restore her powers"? Is there some sort of overall story arc going on here that's going to result in a big reveal that has an overarching explanation for all the Kryptonians and neo-Kryptonians from other universes from other universes having trouble with their powers, or is it all just going to be individual explanations? I get that with new52 Superman, it was related to Vandal Savage and his plans. But what's up with these other people going forward?

Is DC Comics just so lacking in ideas that the only thing they can think of doing with Kryptonians is stripping them of some or all of their powers for a million different individual reasons constantly? I mean, once with one person is a story arc. It happening to everyone over the course of one year, unless it's part of something much bigger, is a bit much. If they really can't think of fresh stories to write for fully powered Kryptonians, why do they keep introducing more and more of them? Like, if you think Superman being Superman impedes your ability to write for him, why introduce Super Dad, Jon, Superwoman, New Super-Man (China), etc. and bring back Supergirl? It's just magnifying your problem and shining a spotlight on it. But it really shouldn't *be* a problem, because there are plenty of stories you can tell about fully powered Kryptonians under a yellow sun.
    Supergirl will gain back all her power by Supergirl #1. Seems like everyone will stop having power trouble in Rebirth. However these similarities in circumstances might actually lead to something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton
    Wow, I'm already so excited for this comic. Orlando and his dynamically pleasing art team is best case scenario for this book and I hope the sore fans flock.
    Right! I really respect Orlando's writing.

I can't wait for this, Orlando is an awesome writer who made sure I'd read this with his amazing Midnighter run. Beyond that, I didn't know a Kryptonian Werewolf even existed in the comics.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    Laziness. Its only being referenced here to tie up the loose end of the cliffhanger introduction in the first place. I expect it to be fully resolved by the end of this issue and then its on to, hopefully, actual Super stories.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Sounds like a solid book to me. Cant wait to pick this up!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!