Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    I will say Tom King's pitch for Batman doesn't seem particularly amazing, which is odd. I'm still super pumped just because King/Janin is great, but I'm not very wowed by the concept.
    that is my problem....you gotta wow people with your premise for the DC Rebirth book you are working on

King's Pitch sounds very predictable and like it's been done a dozen times already

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    I will say Tom King's pitch for Batman doesn't seem particularly amazing, which is odd. I'm still super pumped just because King/Janin is great, but I'm not very wowed by the concept.
    If there is one thing we've seen from King it is that his books have a depth that probably can't be properly captured in a promo blurb. If you saw his Vision pitch it was probably along the lines of "The Vision moves to the suburbs with his android family and trouble ensues when they can't fit in with modern suburbia"...sounds pretty boring and rehashed. The book itself, however, is a lot more than the generic description and maybe the best comic of 2016

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    If there is one thing we've seen from King it is that his books have a depth that probably can't be properly captured in a promo blurb. If you saw his Vision pitch it was probably along the lines of "The Vision moves to the suburbs with his android family and trouble ensues when they can't fit in with modern suburbia"...sounds pretty boring and rehashed. The book itself, however, is a lot more than the generic description and maybe the best comic of 2016
    I actually need to pick up that series fully. Blurbs are written by the Assistant editors or the interns, so I would agree with you that the blurbs never capture any of the coming books, that's why I normally give a series five issues to capture my attention.

Interesting stuff from the Detective Comics 935 solicit that came out this week.

I see 5 code names: Batman, Batwoman, Spoiler, Red Robin, and Clayface.

And one real name: Cassandra Cain.

Why not Orphan? Maybe Cass and/or Batman (and/or JTIV) have changed their minds.

Orphan is a brand new name. No recognizability there.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-15-2016 at 05:25 PM.

BANNED

so Spoiler And Red Robin are More Recognizable names than Stephanie Brown And Tim Drake?

Extraordinary Member

I think it's more likely the marketing department feels that "Cassandra Cain," while still a civilian name, is much more recognizable than "Orphan." Stephanie was Spoiler for over decade, Tim's been Red Robin since well before the New 52, but Cassandra was Black Bat for under just at a year and can't be labeled Batgirl at the moment. Orphan simply has no pull just yet.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    so Spoiler And Red Robin are More Recognizable names than Stephanie Brown And Tim Drake?
    Both those characters have had multiple secret identities, but they're the only ones (AFAIK) to have used those particular ones.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Incredible Member

Well, not quite true for either of the two codenames (outside the New 52), but they are by far the person most associated with each of them, respectively, yes.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

BANNED

i hope Tynion doesn't mess up batwoman here....i keep going back to that but it's only because she's had a rough time in the new 52 and i just want the character to be awesome here

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    I actually thought that was a spoiler warning but then I realized it was actually the character Spoiler. xD

I've been warming up to the name Orphan lately. I was against it at first but after taking some time to let it sink in I appreciate that it takes her out of the "bat-" category and gives her some more individuality. Orphan isn't a great name but I guess it'll do for a while (because a better name is bound to come).

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Orphan isn't a great name but I guess it'll do for a while (because a better name is bound to come).
    This is DC. Don't go having hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by heyevaxx View Post
    Interesting stuff from the Detective Comics 935 solicit that came out this week.

I see 5 code names: Batman, Batwoman, Spoiler, Red Robin, and Clayface.

And one real name: Cassandra Cain.

Why not Orphan? Maybe Cass and/or Batman (and/or JTIV) have changed their minds.

The real reason is that Cassandra hadn't yet taken on the Orphan codename when this summary was written.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zainu View Post
    This is DC. Don't go having hopes.
    B-but... the symbol on Superman's chest means hope... as long as you're not one of the guys he murders.

joking xP

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    The real reason is that Cassandra hadn't yet taken on the Orphan codename when this summary was written.
    Also, these solicitations are written for retailers' benefits. They may not have necessarily read the last issue of Batman and Robin Eternal, or may think that Orphan is still referring to David Cain.