Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Quoted in agreement.

Besides his murky motivations, Eisenberg seemed to be playing the character as a "chararicature" and not anything close to a real person.
    I disagree. This Luther is very eccentric, and he talks like his mind moves faster then his mouth can keep up. I don't find that unrealistic at all. Brilliant people tend to come with very noticeable quirks and oddities. Combine that with the fact that he has an abusive history, and he is also becoming more and more unhinged as the movie progresses, and I found this portrayal fascinating.
    Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Black View Post
    He was nothing like Riddler.

It's amusing that so many people have been saying he's like the Riddler that someone had to make this chart.

Looks like he was going for a super smart guy with quirks quirks with a little ADD, AD-HD and a little Autism thrown in for good measure.

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

motives??? it there's something all characters in that movie lacked were motives...
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

I’ve never pictured Luthor shoving a bean into somebody’s mouth. That scene drew a laugh from the audience.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    I’ve never pictured Luthor shoving a bean into somebody’s mouth. That scene drew a laugh from the audience.
    That was a cherry jolly rancher and yeah ppl were laughing at that.lol

Fantastic Member

Glad he explained the motives because it was about as clear as a brick wall in the movie.

Amazing Member

This Lex came out of nowhere. No backstory except talking about his abusive father.(so he's some form of Alex Luthor?) . And it looks like he has it all. A Zuckerberg like
    billionaire entrepreneur who has it made and can manipulate and threaten swarmy senators. He had a hot asian secretary like Bruce Wayne. Doesn't need to hide in a
    subway suite or leech off a dying widow. He throws it all away to end up in jail like some self-destructive schizoid breakdown. Long way from ending up president team Luthor.
    Come to think of it, wouldn't have minded Benoist's Supergirl in the movie too.
    Last edited by krylite; 04-06-2016 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArnavBiswas999 View Post
    Say what you will but this was the worst portrayal of Lex Luthor ever done in the 75 years history of the character...
    Jesse took away the most defining traits of Lex and replaced them with some other equally irritating traits... Thus changing Lex's character from a calm, cool businessman to an obnoxious hyperactive kid who seems to have a lot of daddy issues & seems to be on the verge of a nervous breakdown...
    You can call it the worst portrayal for a character named Lex Luthor, but his father was the Lex Luthor from the comics.

Spectacular Member

I thought this version of Luthor was terrifying and loved Eisenburg's performance more than I thought I would. My understanding (or what I'd like to think LOL) was that Luthor started to go batty after his experience in the Kryptonian ship...that his mind couldn't handle the information provided. In the deleted scenes, he has a meeting with Darkseid or New Gods character that could explain the madness at the end.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I think they are going to have Joker and Lex Senior wack him.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    It wasn't a bad performance but it was a horrible interpretation of the character. If that's what Snyder wanted he totally missed the mark.

Too typical of a rambling insane villain. (Luthor is smarter than he showed in the movie. He's playing a long game--wouldn't get caught so stupidly with such a crazy, overt plan.)
    Agreed.
    the only time i seen lex like this was when he had the orange lantern ring on him.
    not like lex not to figure out their moms had the same name

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Every time he was talking it was like watching a twitching crackhead in need of a fix. Eisenberg was channeling his inner Nic Cage with oveacting and making goofy faces the whole movie. He was garbage in this movie and I blame it on him, Snyder, and the script. If he would have played Lex like a real person and not a damn cartoon he might have been pretty good, but he didn't and thats on him.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)