Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Zack Snyder Addresses the Possibility of a New Standalone "Superman" Film

Producer Charles Roven also revealed that Warner Bros. is "in the process of looking" at a Superman solo film, though it isn't on the schedule yet.

Full article here.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Don't want Snyder near, Superman. He doesn't get the character.

Can it involve a story where he doesn't navel gaze or get bad advice from his parents?
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

MoS was a masterpiece as far as I'm concerned. Yes please.

imo this should not even be a "possibility" - this should be a guarantee.

the fans deserve another superman solo. as enjoyable as bvs was, it was a shared experience. we deserve to see superman's story continue solo. there is so much ground still left to cover.

BANNED

Snyder's run with Superman has taught me one thing; Biggie Smalls was right.

quote-you-re-nobody-til-somebody-kills-you-the-notorious-b-i-g-66-96-22.jpg

EDIT: Spoiler alert lol
    Last edited by Rogue Star; 04-05-2016 at 10:42 AM.

Unless they hire another director, another actor, another writer, and completely reboot the character I don't see the point.

Astonishing Member

A new Superman solo: YES!!!!

Snyder in charge: ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!!

Amazing Member

"I think that would be fun to do." He keeps using that word but I don't think he knows what it means.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

OMG please not Snyder helming it.

#NeverSnyder
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Ultimate Member

Would love to see another Superman but with better writing and more character development.

Also, he shouldn't kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Would love to see another Superman but with better writing and more character development.

Also, he shouldn't kill.
    i'm ready to see a superman achieve that status so many wanted from the start.

his journey since mos have been presenting superman learning the lessons with the audience, rather than teaching the lessons to the audience. now that people inside the universe believe in superman, it's time for a. superman to believe in himself, b. be the superman that audiences remember believing in

Quote Originally Posted by Jclark View Post
    "I think that would be fun to do." He keeps using that word but I don't think he knows what it means.
    Considering that he apparently thinks it means killing off supporting characters it actually worries me

Mighty Member

It's interesting that a second Superman movie hinges on the performance of BvS because 1) Superman was honestly barely in the movie aside from the Doomsday fight; 2) Batman movie seems to be a very viable option and his first DCEU appearance was in BvS

Yes, Snyder has a right to a take on the character, but honestly I feel like he's portraying Dr. Manhattan and not Superman... I would be on board with a Superman film if Snyder had nothing to do with it...

To quote Mark Miller, I am "bored with darkness" especially when it comes to Superman... it's just not who the character is and what the character represents... There is a reason Superman has been around for over 75 years and it's not because he represents the brooding outsider caught up in world where "nothing stays good"... Just saying...

#BoredWithDarkness
    Last edited by solletaire; 04-05-2016 at 11:20 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Don't want Snyder near, Superman. He doesn't get the character.

This.

And will it take place in Hell?
    G.O.A.T.: Greatest Of All Time now on Patreon. Please support or spread the word www.patreon.com/andrewhuerta