Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jclark View Post
    "i think that would be fun to do." he keeps using that word but i don't think he knows what it means.
    Inconceivable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by acesx1x View Post
    i'm ready to see a superman achieve that status so many wanted from the start.

His journey since mos have been presenting superman learning the lessons with the audience, rather than teaching the lessons to the audience. Now that people inside the universe believe in superman, it's time for a. Superman to believe in himself, b. Be the superman that audiences remember believing in
    I want this so badly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    I think Zack Snyder's goal is to get to that point. The story he is telling is that Superman didn't start that way because the world didn't accept him with open arms, but consistently criticized him. Once Superman is resurrected, I think the world will be far more open to him, and Superman in turn will become far more approachable.
    I'd like to know how many movies will Henry be given the opportunity to grow into the Superman we all know him to be? before it's time to reboot and start from scratch? When will he become guy that inspires people with hope and sheer goodness, inspiring them to do better, be better and so on? At this rate, it's only going to get worse before it gets better and I am afraid the general audience will wash their hands off this Superman that's still in the developing stages.

BANNED

I think Zack Snyder's goal is to get to that point. The story he is telling is that Superman didn't start that way because the world didn't accept him with open arms, but consistently criticized him. Once Superman is resurrected, I think the world will be far more open to him, and Superman in turn will become far more approachable.
    That's pretty much the character arc for Superman in BvS. His sacrifice to defeat Doomsday was the final course correction that altered people's view of him. When he returns, he'll be on the other side of all the doubt and mistrust that was directed at him, which he was internalizing.
    Last edited by kalorama; 04-05-2016 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I'd like to know how many movies will Henry be given the opportunity to grow into the Superman we all know him to be? before it's time to reboot and start from scratch? When will he become guy that inspires people with hope and sheer goodness, inspiring them to do better, be better and so on? At this rate, it's only going to get worse before it gets better and I am afraid the general audience will wash their hands off this Superman that's still in the developing stages.
    Well, we've only had two movies so far. My hope is by the next movie with him, Justice League, things will move into the light. The title of Batman V Superman is Dawn of Justice, after all.
    Last edited by MikeP; 04-05-2016 at 01:21 PM.
    Life is but a dream

Mighty Member

I can speak only for myself, of course, but:

I enjoyed bot MoS and BvS to a point. I would give MoS a ~3.5/5 and BvS a solid 3/5... Both are passing grades in my books. However, to see another Snyder-helmed Superman movie in theaters, I will need to hear unanimous words of praise from the audience and read more positive reviews from critics... As far as Justice League goes, I will see how I like Wonder Woman's movie (which gives me a lot of hope) and how well the critics and audience respond to the JL movie before I make up my mind...

One thing is for sure, no more buying tickets in advance for me

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    That's pretty much the character arc for Superman in BvS.
    Exactly. Its telling that Superman became a figure of inspiration to Batman, of all people. "I failed him in life. I will not fail him in death."

If he can give hope to Batman, he can do it to anyone.
    Life is but a dream

BANNED

Exactly. Its telling that Superman became a figure of inspiration to Batman, of all people. "I failed him in life. I will not fail him in death."

That's the other thing that people seem to miss (or willfully ignore), the way Batman's interaction with Superman ultimately resulted in Batman himself being pulled more towards the light.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Also "If you seek this monument look around".
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

All-New Member

I really love Cavill as Superman, and I think he's tragically not getting enough to do so yes I would be excited if WB actually has the balls to do another Superman film. It's gotta be a really good script though. I'm a fan of mopey Superman, but I know I can't stand it if that's what he's like for the next 5 films. He needs to grow and change.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    That's the other thing that people seem to miss (or willfully ignore), the way Batman's interaction with Superman ultimately resulted in Batman himself being pulled more towards the light.
    Superman inspired Batman by dying... I realize the whole point was to fulfill the Jesus Christ analogy, which felt like fish out of water in this movie, but that's a different conversation... Anyways, to me it just did not have the same message as Supermam inspiring the world with his optimism and hopeful outlook... It did not work for me at all...
    Last edited by solletaire; 04-05-2016 at 01:34 PM.

Amazing Member

I like MoS & BvS. Both 9/10.
    If you want lighter and more humour then try Reeve and Routh. Already been done. 3 movies got heavily criticised.
    This is a new take on Superman.
    Keep Snyder, he's doing a great job.

Fantastic Member

It'd be nice for once to have a solo Superman film that features a villain from the comics that isn't Lex or Zod.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    It'd be nice for once to have a solo Superman film that features a villain from the comics that isn't Lex or Zod.
    Superman's list of credible rogues runs fairly shallow. Other than Luthor, Zod, and Doomsday (all of which have now appeared on film), the next one in line is Brainiac.

After that...hmmm....Parasite, at most? Mr. Myxpltk is fun for animation and Silver Age-style comics, but I can't see Myx working for modern live action film audiences...at least not as a Superman adversary. After Myx, though, we start getting into Toyman and Terra Man territory.

I've always thought Superman's best "adversaries" were natural disasters such as earthquakes, tornadoes, floods, tsunamis and asteroid collisions.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Superman's list of credible rogues runs fairly shallow. Other than Luthor, Zod, and Doomsday (all of which have now appeared on film), the next one in line is Brainiac.

After that...hmmm....Parasite, at most? Mr. Myxpltk is fun for animation and Silver Age-style comics, but I can't see Myx working for modern live action film audiences...at least not as a Superman adversary. After Myx, though, we start getting into Toyman and Terra Man territory.

I've always thought Superman's best "adversaries" were natural disasters such as earthquakes, tornadoes, floods, tsunamis and asteroid collisions.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Depends what genera you pick for a Superman film... I think if you go all the way into the science fiction genera, you can get away with a lot more... But if you stick to the epic drama themes as shown by Snyder, then your choice is limited indeed