Super Moderator

Default WWE's Eve Torres Debuts as Maxima in New "Supergirl" Teaser

The former WWE Divas Champion is shrouded in shadow, but we get a glimpse of her role in the second-to-last episode of the season.

Full article here.

Amazing Member

The series is just trying to survive on hype and fanservicing one iconic character after another.
    This might work for a while, but with atrocious screenplay, acting and effects like this I don't think the show will survive a 3rd season....assuming they even renew it for a second now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by plo12 View Post
    The series is just trying to survive on hype and fanservicing one iconic character after another.
    This might work for a while, but with atrocious screenplay, acting and effects like this I don't think the show will survive a 3rd season....assuming they even renew it for a second now.

Tell us all about it.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-06-2016 at 07:33 AM.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Booooooo. Supergirl is a fun show that kills it every week. Weekly fantasy shows are a tough sell on a big four network (Just look at how many Fox, NBC, and ABC have burned through over the years), but this series would be on top of the world if it was on the CW.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

There are 75 years worth of Super-family stories to tell. If you care not to partake in the fun, that is your option. Not sure what your gripe about the effect are. Encore VFX does the effects for lots of televisions shows and I don't hear this kind of hate for any other ones. Some shows Encore VFX does the effects for: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Hawaii Five-O, Scorpion, Once Upon a Time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't think it's that bad. Kinda cheesy, and I have only watched a little of it, but I think it's definitely better than the CW shows.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Tell us all about it.
    Just from the top of my head
    1. Cringeworthy dialogues, that are probably written by 8 year old kids for 8 year old kids. And the awful line delivery doesn't help either, which brings me to:
    2. Horrible acting, that makes even Mexican soap operas look good. Seriously watch this and any soap opera side-by-side, and you can't tell the difference if you're not a regular viewer.
    3. Lack of coherent plot and interesting, long term villain (opposed to Flash's Zoom and Reverse Flash, or any Netflix series villain), instead going for the 90's villain of the week format just for the sake of fanservice.
    4. Trying to cram in famous characters from the comics, despite obviously lacking the budget to make them actually look good (Reactron, Silver Banshee's sad Halloween costume, Red Tornado....I don't even go into detail about this guy)
    5. The tone and focus makes me feel like I'm watching a cheap soap opera.
    6. Horrible looking special effects. Obviously it's a TV show, so noone expects it to look as good as a multi-million movie, but the visuals (both costumes and CGI) are like they are from a 90's budget series.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-06-2016 at 07:33 AM.

So what's the story?
    Maxima is going to take Jimmy as her mate and SG is going to get jealous?

Just from the top of my head
    1. Cringeworthy dialogues, that are probably written by 8 year old kids for 8 year old kids. And the awful line delivery doesn't help either, which brings me to:
    2. Horrible acting, that makes even Mexican soap operas look good. Seriously watch this and any soap opera side-by-side, and you can't tell the difference if you're not a regular viewer.
    3. Lack of coherent plot and interesting, long term villain (opposed to Flash's Zoom and Reverse Flash, or any Netflix series villain), instead going for the 90's villain of the week format just for the sake of fanservice.
    4. Trying to cram in famous characters from the comics, despite obviously lacking the budget to make them actually look good (Reactron, Silver Banshee's sad Halloween costume, Red Tornado....I don't even go into detail about this guy)
    5. The tone and focus makes me feel like I'm watching a cheap soap opera.
    6. Horrible looking special effects. Obviously it's a TV show, so noone expects it to look as good as a multi-million movie, but the visuals (both costumes and CGI) are like they are from a 90's budget series.
    Now you are just making up stuff that has no basis in reality. Do you also hate The Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow? Because you can say the exact same thing about all of them too.

1, 2.Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg created all theses shows, hired the writers, the actors, the writers. Are you going to sit there and tell us that Greg and Andrew were geniuses when they hire those people to do The Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow but turned into total morons when they were given the task to create their highest profile show on a major network.
    3. And the Kryptonian plans to take over the world has been going on since episode two, so I am not sure were you are getting the idea there is no long term villains.
    4. But it's okay for Gotham, Arrow and Flash to do the same thing?
    5. But it's okay for Gotham, Arrow and Flash to do the same thing?
    6. You can say the same thing about the effects on just about any show on TV. You want to know why, because the effects on a lots of shows on TV are all done by the same company. Encore VFX does the effects for lots of televisions shows and I don't hear this kind of hate for any other ones. Some shows Encore VFX does the effects for: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Hawaii Five-O, Scorpion, Once Upon a Time.

Amazing Member

I enjoy the show even as a guilty pleasure. It substitutes as real "Superman" stories compared to the Synderverse in contrast to Supergirl having Kreisberg in shared control
    who seems to care about the characters. "Keira" doing the female Reeves Kent act is fun to watch. Too bad she didn't change from her "dowdy" clothes since the red kyprtonite episode.

With something this big happening in a major city Superman would be involved...

I think the acting on Supergirl is overall pretty good, particularly Benoist, who is amazing in the role. I thought she showed some nice range in "For the Girl Who Has Everything" and "Falling". Flockhart is also great, and it's nice to see them draw from a different pool of guest actors instead of the same Vancouver actors who show up in every genre show.

The writing is on par with the CW shows for the most part but IMO the relationship/romance plots are surprisingly way way more bearable on Supergirl.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Now you are just making up stuff that has no basis in reality. Do you also hate The Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow? Because you can say the exact same thing about all of them too.

1, 2.Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg created all theses shows, hired the writers, the actors, the writers. Are you going to sit there and tell us that Greg and Andrew were geniuses when they hire those people to do The Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow but turned into total morons when they were given the task to create their highest profile show on a major network.
    3. And the Kryptonian plans to take over the world has been going on since episode two, so I am not sure were you are getting the idea there is no long term villains.
    4. But it's okay for Gotham, Arrow and Flash to do the same thing?
    5. But it's okay for Gotham, Arrow and Flash to do the same thing?
    6. You can say the same thing about the effects on just about any show on TV. You want to know why, because the effects on a lots of shows on TV are all done by the same company. Encore VFX does the effects for lots of televisions shows and I don't hear this kind of hate for any other ones. Some shows Encore VFX does the effects for: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Hawaii Five-O, Scorpion, Once Upon a Time.
    I never said anything about Arrow, Gotham nor Legends of Tomorrow. Read my post again!
    The examples I mentioned were Flash and the two Netflix series (Jessica Jones and Daredevil). And in terms of quality Supergirl doesn't even come close to those, regardless who made them.

As for the statements of who makes what, all I need to know is that one show looks decent, the other bad. Simple as that.
    It's like a person tries to sell you a good apple and a rotten one, would you buy the rotten one just because it's from the same guy? Of course not.

PS: Encore VFX has been credited for the pilot episode only, so I'd like to know where you got that info of yours.

The examples I mentioned were Flash and the two Netflix series (Jessica Jones and Daredevil). And in terms of quality Supergirl doesn't even come close to those, regardless who made them
    Comparing a Netflix series to a broadcast TV series is a ludicrous comparison. Might as well compare a TV effects to a movie effects. And how exactly are the Flash effects better? Cite some examples from the show. And explain why the Flash effects were so much better when Flash was on Supergirl. Hard facts. Not a biased opinion.

As for the statements of who makes what, all I need to know is that one show looks decent, the other bad. Simple as that.
    To you. Other peoples mileage may vary. I think the effects are excellent, the best there is on network TV. What other shows have done a scene like the one with Supergirl chasing a nuclear missile that looked so realistic? The only thing that even came close to the White Martian on Supergirl was King Shark on the Flash. Forget the Flash. Has even Daredevil or Jessica Jones ever done anything that ambitious? Cite episodes where.

It's like a person tries to sell you a good apple and a rotten one, would you buy the rotten one just because it's from the same guy? Of course not.
    So you are saying CBS is going to accept the rotten apple after they spent all that money on effects?

PS: Encore VFX has been credited for the pilot episode only, so I'd like to know where you got that info of yours.
    From the closing credits for all those shows. From the Encore VFX website. From the Encore VFX Facebook page. From interviews with Armen Kevorkian. Where do you get your information from?
    I'm not even sure what you mean by the pilot episode only. Armen was very proud of the effects his team at Encore VFX did for Gorilla Grodd and King Shark, so obviously Encore VFX has done the
    Flash effects for more than the Flash pilot episode.