Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Default The Rebirth DCU will have a 10 year time-line

Great Ruck has been talking about his WW run and he let one thing slip, the new DCU will have a ten year time-line. Given that the New 52 was using a five year time-line, and only one or two years could have possibly passed since that time in the DCU, that means we're looking at either a substantial time jump or a lot of old/new stuff is being put into the DCU's past history

Mighty Member

I think the new 52 already has a 9-10 year timeline. Pre-Flashpoint Clark and Lois have been around since JL Origin happened and their son Jon is nine.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Great Ruck has been talking about his WW run and he let one thing slip, the new DCU will have a ten year time-line. Given that the New 52 was using a five year time-line, and only one or two years could have possibly passed since that time in the DCU, that means we're looking at either a substantial time jump or a lot of old/new stuff is being put into the DCU's past history
    New 52 was a 10 year timeline as well. The basic part was always Batman working undercover and all of the green lantern stuff going on then 5 years before the justice league formed then another 5 years is when all the new 52 books at the start where in the present. I don't know how much time passed at this point for rebirth.

link?????????
    The J-man

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That really, really needs a link.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    New 52 was a 10 year timeline as well. The basic part was always Batman working undercover and all of the green lantern stuff going on then 5 years before the justice league formed then another 5 years is when all the new 52 books at the start where in the present. I don't know how much time passed at this point for rebirth.
    Not really, no. Batman debuted 6 years before the start of the New 52, as stated in Zero Year; around the same time as Superman, since the latter showed up in a Zero Year tie-in. Plus Superman would've gotten his uniform shortly after that, since Action Comics says he'd only been Superman for six months when that happened, and the formation of the Justice League was very shortly afterwards. I think in-universe a few years have passed since the start of the New 52, maybe as many as 2-3, but the timeline wouldn't be much longer than that and definitely doesn't extend more than a year or two before the League formed.
    Buh-bye

Superman: Lois and Clark #1: Lois and Clark arrived on Prime Earth a day or so before Darkseid's invasion; during the invasion, Jon was very clearly depicted as an infant, less than six months old. In the present, he's nine. Therefore, the timeline that Lois and Clark are in had nine-ish years between the formation of the Justice League and the present, not five or six.

Of course, that might be Convergence's doing.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    link?????????
    The most recent Word Balloon podcast, the Greg Rucka Debrief

My point is that we're not dealing with a substantial time jump; the expansion from a five-year timeline to ten has already taken place, and is not Rebirth's doing — though I don't doubt that Rebirth will be taking full advantage of it.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

I don't know if the Lois and Clark book is really a good indication of if the 5 year timeline has changed. It's such a random book that is so disconnected from everything. The Batman, Titans, and other franchises still feel confined to the 5 year timeline. I haven't seen any creators talk about a 10 year timeline. If there has been then someone needs to post it. As of right now it still seems that the Justice League Origin issue took place 5 years before the "current" timeline in the New 52 and in those 5 years nearly every single DC hero came about. In the solicit for the 52nd issue of Justice League where Dick as Robin meets the Justice League for the first time he still looks like he is 16. Which means he was only Robin for a year or two before moving on.

Don't know if this is true or not, but I do remember it was said in Greg Rucka's Wonder Woman run in pre-flashpoint that she's been in man's world for 10 years. I actually wonder how all of this is going to work out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Superman: Lois and Clark #1: Lois and Clark arrived on Prime Earth a day or so before Darkseid's invasion; during the invasion, Jon was very clearly depicted as an infant, less than six months old. In the present, he's nine. Therefore, the timeline that Lois and Clark are in had nine-ish years between the formation of the Justice League and the present, not five or six.

Of course, that might be Convergence's doing.
    I assumed that Lois and Clark had been a few other places before ending up on Prime Earth, during which time Jon had been born.

Incredible Member

I was kinda hoping that his wonder woman was established in the first or second world war......

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post
    I was kinda hoping that his wonder woman was established in the first or second world war......
    Hell, I wouldn't object to Hippolyta secretly being "Wonder Woman" during World War II again, but do we know if DC still plans to go with the-hero-formerly-known-as-New52-Superman being the first publicly recognized "superhero" for the Rebirth-Earth?

So this is essentially a reboot not a relaunch

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    So this is essentially a reboot not a relaunch
    If they keep all the continuity, add some missing things and just retcon the time period it happened in that's not a reboot.

On topic though, they should just stop trying to put a number on it. No matter what you pick something won't make sense.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.