• 2/5

2 2.53%
  • 1/5

0 0%
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Uncanny X-Men #6 (SPOILERS)

Oh boy, here we go:

spoilers:

It start off with what we've seen in the previews. Psylocke is having a monologue with Archangel and she's suddenly having a vision with Warren warning her about the dangerous future that is coming if she doesn't stop Archangel. The vision is actually in Green Ridge town.

Then she goes to Magneto and share this vision with him. There is also a very great splash page with everything that Warren has been through. Finally, both of them get to the blackbird and fly to Green Bridge town.

We now see M and Sabretooth in the street waiting to meet someone (Magneto sent them on this mission). Then, Sabretooth gets a bad scent and they go down the sewer. The person actually happened to be Callisto. They fight, M break them up and we learn that the Morlocks are dying again and Callisto need their help (It's kind of funny since Creed killed a bunch of them during Mutant Massacre lol).

Magneto and Psylocke are now in Green Ridge, Colorado and they have a bad feeling about the city. Psylocke can't get into anyone's mind and that actually make Erik curious, so they follow the mass of person going at the same place. They enter a tent in the middle of a park and it looks like a religious gathering. We see who the prophet is and it's actually Warren with his wings cut off (PLOT TWIST! + I don't know if it's NuAngel or just Warren...).

After this, we see a debate on television on why Magneto's team is dangerous and why mutants are still a threat since he leaves a bunch of dead bodies behind him.

We get to see the reaction from a lot of important characters to this tv show :

- The Uncanny Avengers (with Rogue actually being an Avengers and blaming Erik for what's on television).

- Sebastian Shaw (he actually says that Mags team is ruining everything, so he must have a plan going on).

- Mojo (he is in the Mojoverse and he says that this is good television but he actually has a few notes about it... We will probably see him in the future).

- A mysterious figure sitting in a very big chair. The location is unknown and we have no detail to who this person is (i'm really curious about who this is).

Finally, we have Magneto visiting Xorn and talking about what they saw on television. We learn that Erik is actually there to get healed. They are having a conversation and Xorn ask him about Genosha and why the charges on Genosha were there months ago. Magneto says that he doesn't want to build a mutant refuge anymore because he knows that his way is dangerous and he doesn't want to have any other mutants killed under his guidance. Then, Xorn agree with him and start the healing. The issue end with Magneto saying that he's gonna give everything he has to dig the Mutants out of their grave because his people aren't dead... yet...
    end of spoilers

Wow, what a great issue. Probably the best one yet. So much is happening and it actually feel good to see that after what we got from Bendis and Lemire. I'm really curious about what's going to happen next. The intrigue is actually hard to predict and it's been a long time since I was kind of shock by a plot.

5/5 easily. The art and the story are perfect.
    Last edited by Magneto; 04-06-2016 at 07:32 AM.

BANNED

Rogue only says "Oh Erik" she doesn't blame him for anything she's more in disbelief. (That's the ONLY dialogue she has)

Magneto is in a dark place, I don't recall him saying he doesn't want to be on the "bad side of mutant kind" but I do know he isn't all that caring (which is emphasized) in a haven, hell even Xorn is curious where magneto is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Rogue only says "Oh Erik" she doesn't blame him for anything she's more in disbelief. (That's the ONLY dialogue she has)

Magneto is in a dark place, I don't recall him saying he doesn't want to be on the "bad side of mutant kind" but I do know he isn't all that caring (which is emphasized) in a haven, hell even Xorn is curious where magneto is going.
    She still blame him. She doesn't say '' Oh Erik '' for the fun of it. The UA are going to try to stop him and Rogue is part of the team. So she does blame him for what's on televison, right? I did scratch '' everything '' tho.

As for Magneto, he didn't say he doesn't want to fall on the bad side again, but the fact that he did wanted to blow up Genosha even without the Dark Riders attack does prove that he doesn't want to be a dictator anymore. He doesn't want other mutants to die because of him and this is what the X-Men usually hate about Mags. You even say that Xorn is curious about where Erik is going and the ''Genosha blowing up thingy'' is what convince Xorn to heal him. So, it's kind of an evidence that Magneto actually doesn't want to repeat the bad tings he did in the past.
    Last edited by Magneto; 04-06-2016 at 06:49 AM.

Mutant and Proud Uncanny Madman's Avatar

I thought this issue was fantastic. I loved it. Cullen keeps improving with each issue. I adore the dynamic between Erik and Betsy, and Monet and Creed. I'm very intrigued by the Warren story. I hope he makes it out of this arc restored!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    She still blame him. She doesn't say '' Oh Erik '' for the fun of it. The UA are going to try to stop him and Rogue is part of the team. So she does blame him for what's on televison, right? I did scratch '' everything '' tho.

As for Magneto, he didn't say he doesn't want to fall on the bad side again, but the fact that he did wanted to blow up Genosha even without the Dark Riders attack does prove that he doesn't want to be a dictator anymore. He doesn't want other mutants to die because of him and this is what the X-Men usually hate about Mags. You even say that Xorn is curious about where Erik is going and the ''Genosha blowing up thingy'' is what convince Xorn to heal him. So, it's kind of an evidence that Magneto actually doesn't want to repeat the bad tings he did in the past.

"Oh Erik" doesn't equate to blame, that's your hyperbole their. UA are going to confront UXM due magneto's actions but more than likely not the manner your claiming

Magneto and the dark riders prove he isn't going to allow mutant kind to be hunted and killed nowhere close to what you've said. Magneto blowing up genosha represents magneto's mindset(dark place) bunn did mention that.
    M

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    "Oh Erik" doesn't equate to blame, that's your hyperbole their. UA are going to confront UXM due magneto's actions but more than likely not the manner your claiming

Magneto and the dark riders prove he isn't going to allow mutant kind to be hunted and killed nowhere close to what you've said. Magneto blowing up genosha represents magneto's mindset(dark place) bunn did mention that.
    M
    So Rogue agree with Magneto? I don't get your point. If she doesn't blame him for his actions, then what is she doing?

As for Magneto, I did read the issue again and I think you might be right. I miss interpret the writing!

If anything, I would interpret Rogue's "Oh Erik" as more of a sigh of disappointment and concern.

Like, "Oh Erik, what kind of trouble have you gotten yourself into this time?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    If anything, I would interpret Rogue's "Oh Erik" as more of a sigh of disappointment and concern.

Like, "Oh Erik, what kind of trouble have you gotten yourself into this time?"
    I don't think it's an interpretation but more of what actually happened.

We need Rogue to guest-star in this book. Cullen's Rogue is terrific.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I don't think it's an interpretation but more of what actually happened.

We need Rogue to guest-star in this book. Cullen's Rogue is terrific.
    Yeah, I was being kind.

It is an interpretation of what actually happened if, in your opinion, the actions are wrong.

BANNED

Uncanny continues to be the best of the team books in the X-line right now, and the plot just continues to move along. I might have liked to see immediate follow-up on Magneto's conversation with Fantomex and Mystique, but it really wasn't relevant to the plot of this issue, and better to cut the filler and focus more time on the A plot where it's needed rather than let it drag the story out with filler.

That continues to be the part that Bunn is doing best on the team books: Moving the plot along without feeling like he's dragging things out just to fit the trade.

Good read this was a good issue all around even the extra stuff at the end. The Callisto vs Creed was cool too. Who was the guy in the big chair? The room looked purple or something.

BANNED

I'm wondering if the mysterious guy is Joseph or the higher power bunn referred to.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

val cooper tho

-swoons-

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

This issue was great, the only thing I didn't like is that Sabretoothe is now being drawn as ugly again.