21 26.58%
  • 3/5

5 6.33%
  • 2/5

2 2.53%
  • 1/5

0 0%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I enjoyed it, but think the slew of 5 star votes are a bit much. Shouldn;t an issue need to do a little something extra to get that 5th star? This was mostly set up, I'm sure there will be 5 star issues once it gets cranking, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Shouldn;t an issue need to do a little something extra to get that 5th star?
    It had a bunch of fun guest appearances that didn't interrupt/derail the story, and it had a twist (or a couple, maybe) that no one was expecting. I think it did "a little something extra" for some.

I had some crackpot theories on how the Psylocke/Archangel montage thing would go down, maybe her implanting Warren's memories into the seemingly-empty Archangel, but I didn't expect that page to be her sharing with Magneto instead. Or the return of nuAngel, when Archangel is in another location.

5/5
    Psylocke · Magneto · Archangel / Angel · X-23 · O5
    April 2012 Posts: 351 RIP me

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    That doesn't really make sense. People still watch TV, they just don't keep up with shows in live time anymore thanks to illegal streaming sites. Whose to say Mojo might just turn out to own Netflix and Vevo?
    Then Mojo's not getting any favour off it if people are pirating and watching indirectly.

BANNED

Very strong writing and the art was excellent. So many great parts. The revelation of Warren leading a secret life...Magneto and Elizabeth continue to have a charismatic interaction between him. She has a high trust in him to let him in on getting that update from Warren. We've never seen Magneto and Psylocke this close.

Unique encounter with Monet, Callisto, and Creed. Monet calmed it down like u knew she would.

Magneto and Xorn...a very unique sight in itself. But when are the Uncanny Avengers gonna confront Magneto and Psylocke head on? There is no time table on that....it's always fascinating to see Rogue deal with the ramifications of Magneto's actions because she USUALLY understands his course of actions better than any other X Men.
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 04-06-2016 at 12:09 PM.

Wow, so much going on this issue. It's so weird since usually we get less meat in the story than that. It was awesome. So many questions, so many moving parts. So many awesome guest stars this week! I can't wait to see how all/if any of them play a part in the issues to come.

Loved this issue! Storylines progressing nicely with some great classic X characters returning. The art work is fantastic to compliment Cullen's great scripts. Easily the best X-book out now!

Great set up issue for the arc. Cant wait to read the rest of it. Great little teaser for whats to come.

Excellent issue. ★★★★☆

>Bunn is skillfully juggling so many plots while introducing new ones seamlessly. Claremont would be proud.
    >Ken Lashley and Paco Medina were on fire this issue. My only complaint is with the colourist and the subdued pastels everywhere.
    >I loved the little Mutant Massacre touches, like Sabretooth recalling the 'massacre' and M threatening to pin Callisto to the sewer wall. Lashley's Sabretooth looks epic, especially the hair. Wolverines must have epic hair. :P
    >Interesting interpretation of Warren bringing hope to himself and others.
    >Back when Archangel first resurfaced in X-Force, his blood gave T.O. wings to human anti-mutant religious extremists. I wonder if Gabriel and his Choir are the Archangel swarm we see wiping out the town containing a mutant healer/saviour.
    >Did NuAngel cut off his wings and they regrew a body for themselves? Bets has already gone through stuff like this with Fantomex and that was horrible. Not again, please.
    >NuAngel's wounds are the angelic version of stigmata, always a good trick for the bible belt circuit.
    >I hope we see how Mags found drone Archangel.
    >Mags and Bets are SO catty to each other! I love it!
    >Fantomex and Mystique weren't in the issue but their Someday mission was slyly and offhandedly mentioned.
    >The book's focus on healing continues with Betsy's attempts to heal Warren, NuAngel's healing rally, and Magneto's trip to Xorn for healing.
    >No Xorneto clarification. Maybe later.
    >Interesting parallel between the conditions of Magneto and mutants.
    >Valerie Cooper... Thanks for trying.
    >Barely two appearances and Ferris is far cooler than Cerebra. I remember him/it from the 90s Magneto War when Mags also had power loss issues. Nice parallel, Bunn.
    >Favourite quote... "I'm Magneto. I don't get chills."
    >Favourite panels...
    Archangel swarm!
    uxarcs.jpg
    SO catty! Nice way to slip in that Bets is British for those who missed it.
    uxmknock.jpg
    I laughed out loud. Eeeeeevil!
    uxmevil.jpg

Another excellent issue. Can't wait for the next one.
    Last edited by nx01a; 04-06-2016 at 01:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I enjoyed it, but think the slew of 5 star votes are a bit much. Shouldn;t an issue need to do a little something extra to get that 5th star? This was mostly set up, I'm sure there will be 5 star issues once it gets cranking, but...
    You can't really blame us. Look at what we have right now and what we got since Schism. I mean, this run is the best thing since Gillen and UXF (until the Dark Angel Saga) IMO.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

I absolutely loved this, the plot moved, I honestly couldn't predict what was going to happen from page to page but it all made sense. People all are looking competent, no overuse of the idiot ball to push a story. Showing that there are people on many sides of the "mutant" issue and that not everyone (normal background humans) is a raging hypocritical loon. And of course best of all real, actual, honest to god villains. Those last two points... I've been wanting those in an X-Book for years now. I honestly have 0 complaints, literally nothing bad to say about this issue.

5stars

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    You can't really blame us. Look at what we have right now and what we got since Schism. I mean, this run is the best thing since Gillen and UXF (until the Dark Angel Saga) IMO.
    Good point, Bunn is the one shining light in X books and has been for a while. Magneto was the one good book to get me through the Bendis era. At least All New Wolverine is decent, too, so I have more than just one X book to really enjoy.

Did Ferris just mocked Psylocke with his "As you wish" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Did Ferris just mocked Psylocke with his "As you wish" ?
    God, I hope so.

The plot is developing very well.

Creed begins to show his true personality again and was surprised by the appearance of another Warren and the mysterious figure.

They can say what they want about Magneto but he has my respect as a defender of mutants.

Uncanny Avengers vs Uncanny X-mens interesting .

Uncanny so far reminds of picking up the original Ucanny X-Men series around issue #283 or something. I really like this series. It's great that Secret Wars didn't change the history and motivations of the characters.
    I have to say, Angel aka Warren Worthington is BorinG! Whether it was the Champions, Defenders or all the X-titles. Archangel is a extremely more interesting and fun! I can't image Archangel will remain a mindless drone forever, but I'd prefer that more than Angel. Unless they go all winged barbarian or flash gordon ray gun Angel, which they could do with young Angel.....I love me some Archangel.