• 3/5

5 6.33%
  • 2/5

2 2.53%
  • 1/5

0 0%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

This book keeps you hooked. The multiple sub stories all being explored simultaneously all while not disrupting the flow of the book gives a great overall story that grabs your interest and compels you to go back and read the other issues to see if any Easter eggs may have been dropped.

It reminds me of those times when the stories were central and important so you really read what the characters say and are doing because it feels like every moment is important to not just the sub-plots but the overall plot of the book.

Now to my thoughts. The Art was great. Bunn this book to me was like a teaser for a wishlist i made.

I Hope that we get to see Mojo appear in this book. Heck i would love to see a Mojo story with Marvel hiring him to try to get the X-men movie rights back that would be hilarious.

Yes Sebastion Shaw is back.

Could that unknown individual be some sort of Sentinel or Nimrod type those purple colors and shapes had a Sentinel look to them. I'm hoping that it is the ISOLATIONIST i would like to see him appear again.

So Magnus found Warren.

Loving that Monet has not lost any of her personality that was described by Jubilee as "She Perfect" This holding back from getting mad eating your face Creed is growing on me.

Hey Editors when a important event like The Mutant Massacre is mention it wouldn't hurt to add a As seen in X-men 210-213. For any fans not aware of what was mentioned.

Can we get Lashley to draw a X-men Splash page?
    Last edited by Tazpocalapse; 04-06-2016 at 04:48 PM.

Ken Lashley <3 <3 <3

It's weird, but I sort of wish Land did the back-up story. Idc what the haters say, but Land > Paco Medina.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Did Ferris just mocked Psylocke with his "As you wish" ?
    I don't think so; the snarky bot was talking to Magneto. Why do you think it was aimed at Psylocke?

This was a great issue. I agree with all the positive comments.

And there's imagery. (When Psylocke compares the thoughts she's getting from the mind-controlled townsfolk to snatches of religious broadcasts on AM radio as you drive through the South.)

Love everything about this issue. The sophisticated writing, the pacing, the appearances of great characters we haven't seen in too long, the art.

Concerned about Magneto being "dead" or "almost dead"--as Xorn more accurately said. What is this referring to? The "incursion" sacrifice he made? Something that happened with Scott Summers in the 8-month gap? His problems with his powers have been ongoing since Decimation, because he never did get his powers back in an ordinary way, but by tampering with a Celestial with the help of the High Evolutionary.

I like Max's buzz-cut and it seems to get longer in the second story--he's growing out his beautiful white hair!

The scene with Monet and Sabertooth and Callisto was wonderful; I'm a Magneto fan but I wanted to read all of this comic, about all the characters.

What the heck is going on with Warren? That's the mystery. Is his dissociative identity disorder physical as well as mental? A split personality in body and mind? Is the guy in the big chair Apocalypse?

Some points others have brought up:

Rogue's "Oh, Erik" is paired with art. Her arms folded, her expression very frustrated. Every suggestion is correct. It's not one "Oh, Erik" but a multitude of meanings; *Oh, Erik, not again,* and *Why are you doing this to me again?* and *What the hell are you doing* and *You're making trouble and I don't approve* and especially (in my opinion) *You're going to force a confrontation between us that I didn't want to ever happen again.*

There is no further clarification needed about Kuan Yin Xorn. He was a shape-shifter and took Magneto's form and did what he did as Xorneto. His brother is Shen Xorn. Shen holds nothing against Magneto about his brother's death, nor does Magneto apparently hold anything against Shen Xorn about Kuan using Magneto's form and identity. I hope that no one at Marvel will revisit that mess and we need to move forward. I'm liking Shen Xorn a LOT. He's a great character, and I like his interaction with Magneto. I want to move forward with this story, not revisit something that is over and done with.

So good to see Sebastian Shaw and the Hell Fire Club. And he is up to something; reminds me of the fierce argument between the "Grey King" Magneto and Black King Shaw during Claremont's New Mutant era. Shaw was willing to make money off anti-mutant hysteria, Magneto was appalled by Shaw's behavior. They even got into a fight. Didn't Shaw invest heavily in sentinel construction?

I can't believe Emma Frost is back with the Hell Fire Club and Shaw, unless she's gone underground and is on some kind of mission.

Psylocke is portrayed perfectly. Her toughness, her devotion to Warren, her vulnerability. She doesn't really trust Magneto so much (in my opinion) as she needs to trust him at this point. She needs to trust him, because she's trying to save Angel/Archangel. I am really, really hoping that Magneto doesn't let her down. I like their platonic partnership.

I particularly like the way Bunn contrasts the different views, based on different perspectives, of Magneto. I still think there is too little of Magneto's own thoughts, but it's interesting to see the public view, the opinions of other X-Men and characters, Shen Xorn's interpretation. Xorn was being a counselor--non-directive, trying to get Magneto discover his own psychological place.

Genosha -- I agree with everyone who said, good riddance! I usually don't like sinking islands and blowing things up that are important to X-History. But enough of Genosha already. Magneto's motives make sense to me. He didn't want it to be thought of as a haven for mutants ever again. And there is something of self-hate and rage involved too; Genosha is Magneto's failure. It's a huge black-hole of pain for him. He gave up on it, and doesn't want the illusion of "haven" or "sanctuary" that Genosha represents to be viable any longer. He didn't use his powers to destroy it, which is interesting, but conventional explosives--human things. A really complex and interesting look at the character.

Mr. Bunn clearly has read his X-Men comics, and it shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    I don't think so; the snarky bot was talking to Magneto. Why do you think it was aimed at Psylocke?
    It was a nod to Fraction's "As You Wish" line. Many characters got the As you Wish treatment during that time. But Psylocke was noticeable saying one in one of her Greg Land's "ass shot". But yeah... I don't think it's meant to be snark at Psylocke.

so what's going on with callisto. money said something about cal predicting her every move. was that just turn of phrase, or did sw retcon her back to being a mutant?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    so what's going on with callisto. money said something about cal predicting her every move. was that just turn of phrase, or did sw retcon her back to being a mutant?
    I'm going with:

It's either that, or:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm going with:

It's either that, or:

In others words for me again. This Psylocke is the Psylocke I met in 1986. The capable character with depth, and charisma, and hidden strength. The one who used her brains and didn't leap at things with her vag and a wedgie.
    You know shes powerful. You know shes strong. You know she thinks things through. I appreciate Bunn for bringing her back.

Gaaahhhh The Face of Evil!!!!! Make it go AWAY!!!! :P
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

duplicate post
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 04-07-2016 at 06:37 PM.

Paco Medina needs to take over from Ramos on EXM. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I'm going with:

It's either that, or:

Pfft this is the terrifying version:

1458338760057.jpg
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Pfft this is the terrifying version:
    1458338760057.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    It was a nod to Fraction's "As You Wish" line. Many characters got the As you Wish treatment during that time. But Psylocke was noticeable saying one in one of her Greg Land's "ass shot". But yeah... I don't think it's meant to be snark at Psylocke.
    Yeah, I was referring to Fraction's Psylocke. The line + the stank face Betsy gives him was priceless.
    I don't know if that was intentional (is Bunn still reading these boards ?) but I would love to see Ferris being subtly snarky and meta at everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Paco Medina needs to take over from Ramos on EXM. Seriously.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Medina's art has improved over the years so much. He would be a perfect fit for Extraordinary.