• 3/5

5 6.33%
  • 2/5

2 2.53%
  • 1/5

0 0%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

This book is single-handedly keeping my faith in Marvel Comics alive. Bunn and Land (yea, it wasn't Land this time) are telling fantastical stories about grounded people with powers and problems far beyond our own. That's what I want from a comic book. That's all I want. Is that so much to ask? In the recent past it sure has been.

Now, the only concern is, how long will this go for? I'm not worried about Bunn losing his touch. Rather, I'm worried about Marvel needlessly "shaking things up" due to Civil War II or the fact that a book has gotten past issue 15... so, at this point, could we please let something just stay good and consistent for like 50 or 100 issues? PLEASE?

Like, keep this core team of 5. Keep them consistent. If you add some more people, OK, but do it slowly and with a purpose. This stuff with Angel, I like it, but it better not end up with some result that's intended less to tell a good story and more to make us go "OMG!! Angel is now an Ultron Clone! #NuArchangel" or "OMG!! Gender/race-swapped Angel!" or "OMG!! Psylocke's mind is now in Angel's body and vice versa! #PsyAngel"
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Ultimate Member

Who knows, I'm hoping that at the very least Bunn restores Warren back to himself and keeps it up that there's something there between he and Betsy, I don't expect Bunn to get them back together, just hoping that he doesn't pair either of them up with someone in a pairing that's used to either give the other character a boost or one that won't last very long and is just done to keep them apart, also hoping that he wouldn't get them back together and then have it be a bad pairing...

BANNED

Keep this team, brink Xorn to Savage Land, lets see what Mystique and Fanto are doing and if Erik has any further "connections" he can call on

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

5/5, or 10/10

The best Marvel team book, with Ultimates as a close second, and no other ensemble titles are even close.

That chat with Xorn, man...it has me on the edge of my seat for Bunn's CWII: X-Men book.

I really wish he was writing Red Hood, or still doing Sinestro, too, once REBIRTH happens.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    This book is single-handedly keeping my faith in Marvel Comics alive. Bunn and Land (yea, it wasn't Land this time) are telling fantastical stories about grounded people with powers and problems far beyond our own. That's what I want from a comic book. That's all I want. Is that so much to ask? In the recent past it sure has been.

Now, the only concern is, how long will this go for? I'm not worried about Bunn losing his touch. Rather, I'm worried about Marvel needlessly "shaking things up" due to Civil War II or the fact that a book has gotten past issue 15... so, at this point, could we please let something just stay good and consistent for like 50 or 100 issues? PLEASE?

Like, keep this core team of 5. Keep them consistent. If you add some more people, OK, but do it slowly and with a purpose. This stuff with Angel, I like it, but it better not end up with some result that's intended less to tell a good story and more to make us go "OMG!! Angel is now an Ultron Clone! #NuArchangel" or "OMG!! Gender/race-swapped Angel!" or "OMG!! Psylocke's mind is now in Angel's body and vice versa! #PsyAngel"
    This post describes everything I want from this comic.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I'm glad so many people are liking this issue/series

Feels good to finally get some positivity on this forum lol

I have to say I prefer Land's art over Lashley's.

I kind of think Magneto sounded a bit too "hardcore" in his chat with Xorn.

And the way Magneto is depicted is almost like he's too perfect at everything in this comic... it's just a little bit too like... the author putting himself in as Magneto and wish fulfillment perhaps

I think a bigger cast is a GOOD idea right now it's TINY really. How many group dynamics can exist with like 4 characters??? Some of whom barely have any connections lol. So yeah hopefully Mystique, Fantomex (ugh hate this guy but whatever), and Xorn (lol) join up. I'm not sure what's going on with Sabretooth but if he uninverts into a savage monster again then oh well. I'm pretty confident the sole reason Sabretooth is there at all is for a "Wolverine-type" character since Bunn can't use X-23 or Old Man.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I'm not feeling any 'Magneto as authorial insert character' at all.

I think restricting the permanent cast to 7 [X-Men + Fantomystique] with random Xorn tea fun is perfectly fine and able to provide more than enough interesting character interactions.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I'm glad so many people are liking this issue/series

Feels good to finally get some positivity on this forum lol

I have to say I prefer Land's art over Lashley's.

I kind of think Magneto sounded a bit too "hardcore" in his chat with Xorn.

And the way Magneto is depicted is almost like he's too perfect at everything in this comic... it's just a little bit too like... the author putting himself in as Magneto and wish fulfillment perhaps

I think a bigger cast is a GOOD idea right now it's TINY really. How many group dynamics can exist with like 4 characters??? Some of whom barely have any connections lol. So yeah hopefully Mystique, Fantomex (ugh hate this guy but whatever), and Xorn (lol) join up. I'm not sure what's going on with Sabretooth but if he uninverts into a savage monster again then oh well. I'm pretty confident the sole reason Sabretooth is there at all is for a "Wolverine-type" character since Bunn can't use X-23 or Old Man.
    Wish fulfillment? The Mike Carey argument? HAHAHAHA..Well let's be real. Magneto was taken down a notch to push lesser characters like Cyclops, Storm, and Jean for years in this era. They had him as like Cyclops advisor? You know damn well that Magneto would NEVER EVER go for that. WHy would he? He's smarter, more tactical, and has survived much more than anything Cyclops, Jean, Storm, and everyone else has in much harsher conditions with no powers at all to save him. So that never made sense in the Fraction, Bendis years. Ever. It was a disgusting move and they finally corrected it with the Magneto series and now with him being MAGNETO again. Having international bases...taking care of mutant affairs on the world stage..not giving a damn what Shield or the Avengers think and never apologizing for any of it. Can't wait to see Polaris, Briar, and Rachel show up.

Magneto brought back Kitty Pryde while they were content to let her rot. Magneto saved Rogue in the Savage Land when it was ALL OVER FOR HER. She was finished..done...she stood no chance but he solved that problem. Just like he did when Proteus had her dead to rights in Legacy. Or when they tried to kill her in Genosha and he made she survived and ended up in that hospital. He's more resourceful than the characters that were pushed ahead of him over recent years. That's why it's such a joy to see him in his rightful spot at long last. ANd to see him and Elizabeth finally interact after all these years...good bonus.

Sabretooth is a Wolverine character and so is X-23. Common sense. Mystique and Fantomex aren't good editions at all. Add real characters like Lorna and Briar. Better.
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 04-09-2016 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Wish fulfillment? The Mike Carey argument? HAHAHAHA..Well let's be real. Magneto was taken down a notch to push lesser characters like Cyclops, Storm, and Jean for years in this era. They had him as like Cyclops advisor? You know damn well that Magneto would NEVER EVER go for that. WHy would he? He's smarter, more tactical, and has survived much more than anything Cyclops, Jean, Storm, and everyone else has in much harsher conditions with no powers at all to save him. So that never made sense in the Fraction, Bendis years. Ever. It was a disgusting move and they finally corrected it with the Magneto series and now with him being MAGNETO again. Having international bases...taking care of mutant affairs on the world stage..not giving a damn what Shield or the Avengers think and never apologizing for any of it. Can't wait to see Polaris, Briar, and Rachel show up.

Magneto brought back Kitty Pryde while they were content to let her rot. Magneto saved Rogue in the Savage Land when it was ALL OVER FOR HER. She was finished..done...she stood no chance but he solved that problem. Just like he did when Proteus had her dead to rights in Legacy. Or when they tried to kill her in Genosha and he made she survived and ended up in that hospital. He's more resourceful than the characters that were pushed ahead of him over recent years. That's why it's such a joy to see him in his rightful spot at long last. ANd to see him and Elizabeth finally interact after all these years...good bonus.

Sabretooth is a Wolverine character and so is X-23. Common sense. Mystique and Fantomex aren't good editions at all. Add real characters like Lorna and Briar. Better.
    This is why Magneto is far more fit to lead the X-Men. In fact, this is a perfect reason to why Uncanny X-Men isn't just another "X-Force" book. Decades after decades of redemption and he is finally getting to shine and save the mutant race. Well, alongside Storm and her X-Haven.

Ultimate Member

Save the mutant race so that then all mutants can bow down and obey him I'd wager...he's doing this only for those that follow him...and it perfectly fits as a X-Force book under a different name...

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Save the mutant race so that then all mutants can bow down and obey him I'd wager...he's doing this only for those that follow him...and it perfectly fits as a X-Force book under a different name...
    No, even in the story, Magneto makes it a point to show why his team is different from X-Force: they're not living a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post

I do wonder if Civil War II will cause a few roster changes although seeing how Bunn is involved with said series I do wonder if he is setting up the UA Team vs the UXM team in the near future. Just a little thought I had. Anyone want to pitch in???

The last paragraph gives me life. In the hands of a less capable writer we would of gotten Skrull Angel by now, thankfully we don't. Hopefully this mess gets cleaned up and be done with. There is no need for 3-5 Angels to be running around in the Marvel universe. Although I did laugh at the Gender/Race swapped Warren. Make it happen Bunn...

Just Joking... or am I? >: )
    Last edited by Izanami; 04-09-2016 at 09:37 PM.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

There is 0 doubt in my mind UA vs UX is going to happen

Once Xorn and Fantomex join UX, I expect UX to easily destroy UA but we'll find out how it actually goes
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I do wonder if Civil War II will cause a few roster changes
    Maybe Bunn will trade Sabretooth to Hopeless for X-Verine. I'm not sure he's ever written her before, but it HAS to be better than H-23. Right? RIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Maybe Bunn will trade Sabretooth to Hopeless for X-Verine. I'm not sure he's ever written her before, but it HAS to be better than H-23. Right? RIGHT?
    Yes, except for maybe Bendis-rine. But your mileage may vary upon that one...
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...