Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default What are things you like to do, create, and enjoy but don't like it when you see someone else do it?

Has there ever been anything you love to do so much, but you don't like it whenever you see someone else do it?

Has there ever been anything you want to create or produce so badly, especially an original idea, but you hate or dislike it so much when you see or have found out that someone else has done it (and bonus points if it was the closest to your own idea)? Or rather something that you would rather not see anyone else do and if someone was to do it, it would only be yourself?

What are things you like to do, but don't like seeing other people do it?
    Last edited by Bullet Sniper; 04-06-2016 at 10:55 AM. Reason: i'll just make the OP shorter instead.

BANNED

Reads first line.

Closes thread and backs away slowly.

BANNED

Come on now bro really?

BANNED

He edited it. The first line originally ended with "like masturbating." I am recording this for posterity and hilarity.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

I don't understand you, OP.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    I don't understand you, OP.
    what are things you like to do, but don't like seeing other people do? simple.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    For me? Masturbating.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Bullet Sniper always confuses me:

Nothing. And I have a hard time wrapping my head around anyone else feeling that way about something.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Why did you edit this? I think that first line was important to really wrapping your hands around the meat of the question and taking a whack at answering.

Why beat around the bush?
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 04-06-2016 at 12:32 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Why did you edit this? I think that first line was important to really wrapping your hands around the meat of the question and taking a whack at answering.

Why beat around the bush?
    I did feel like I had a better grip on the original version. This one rubs me the wrong way.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 04-06-2016 at 01:14 PM.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

I shall endeavor to thrust into the folds of this conundrum.

Okay, well, I don't really have anything like what the OP is claiming.

However, to sort of tangentially answer the question, as a writer, I tend to write stuff I have an interest in, but have a difficult time finding elsewhere. There have been times when I've had an idea for a story or project, but take too long to get it done, and over time discover there are already existing works that cover the same topic numerous times, and certainly better and more thoroughly than I could. As a result, some of my projects have fallen to the wayside because I no longer felt the need to fill that niche, as it were.

However, it never pisses me off to see that someone else has done something with an idea I also came up with. I mean, even worse comes to worst, let's say I have an idea like a superheroes vs zombies series, and discover it's already been done in the Ex-Heroes books and Marvel Zombies comics (which, incidentally, were the inspiration or the Ex-Heroes books). If I still think my version is sufficiently different enough in focus and approach, or even if it's exactly the same, but I really, really want to just see my own characters in a similar situation, fuck it, I'll just write the damn story. Who cares if people think I ripped off the idea? I'm not trying to compete with Peter Clines or Marvel, and no one has a patent on a basic scenario template.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 04-06-2016 at 01:38 PM.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    No I just don't understand you in general.

I do like updog though.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I do like updog though.
    To be fair, everybody likes updog.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

No I just don't understand you in general.

I do like updog though.
    What's updog?!

HURDURDURDUR.

For me though OP, I'm a Design Engineer so I design stuff and make it in CAD. I just don't like people watching me because I feel like they're judging my design skills
    Cohost of the Attilan Rising Podcast available now: Attilan Rising Website | iTunes | Google Play

Monthly Pull List: I don't update this nearly enough

I enjoy eating corn on the cob, though I am not a huge fan of watching other people eat it.