Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Justice League: Darkseid War Special #1 Spoilers

Since nobody has done it yet....

Spoilers, I will just concentrate on the Wonder Woman Mythos part.

We get some backstory with Grail and Myrna. Grail was born at the exact same time as Diana, but Zeus made a point to protect Themyscira/Diana from his enemies. (We still don't know how Darkseid comes to mate with Myrna or even why.)

Myrna has shown that the Amazons are super strong and super fast, by her casually destroying a tank with her bare-hands and deflecting Grail's omega beans with her bracelets. It almost is like Myrna has had some adventures somewhat similar to the Golden Age Wonder Woman, which was alluded to by her trophy room, and even a possible lover, until Grail not being able to help herself destroys them. Myrna believes there is good in Grail.

Grail wants Steve for something because of prophecy of him being the first Man to set foot on Themyscira, and she's performing a ritual but right before she starts it, Myrna is trying to warn her that he isn't the first man to set foot on the island. Steve gets transformed into a "New God"?

(Oh and some Power Ring/Cyborg stuff happens...eh.)
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post

We get some backstory with Grail and Myrna. Grail was born at the exact same time as Diana, but Zeus made a point to protect Themyscira/Diana from his enemies. (We still don't know how Darkseid comes to mate with Myrna or even why.)

Myrna has shown that the Amazons are super strong and super fast, by her casually destroying a tank with her bare-hands and deflecting Grail's omega beans with her bracelets. It almost is like Myrna has had some adventures somewhat similar to the Golden Age Wonder Woman, which was alluded to by her trophy room, and even a possible lover, until Grail not being able to help herself destroys them. Myrna believes there is good in Grail.

Grail wants Steve for something because of prophecy of him being the first Man to set foot on Themyscira, and she's performing a ritual but right before she starts it, Myrna is trying to warn her that he isn't the first man to set foot on the island. Steve gets transformed into a "New God"?

So this does use the Zeus origin?

It is also shown that the night Diana is born, Myrna travels to man's world... And it is ancient Rome. Apparently this Diana is at least 2000 years old as some here have suspected.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So this does use the Zeus origin?
    Yeah, I don't think that is gonna go away anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bound4olympus View Post
    It is also shown that the night Diana is born, Myrna travels to man's world... And it is ancient Rome. Apparently this Diana is at least 2000 years old as some here have suspected.
    I didn't even pay attention to that because I read it so quickly. I will have to reread this.
    Richard Alexander

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Yep, this is a big change to Diana's timeline-- unless Themyscira is also a sort of place out of time.

Wasn't she 23 at the start of the New 52?

So we just gonna gloss over the potential Twin Brother? Ok.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by icantstandthisindecision View Post
    Yep, this is a big change to Diana's timeline-- unless Themyscira is also a sort of place out of time.

Wasn't she 23 at the start of the New 52?
    Yeah I think Is implying that Time is super weird on Paradise Island and While Diana maybe 23 by her count, there is no telling how time distortion works when it comes to the Island. Its also nice to know that Zues wasn't a super uncaring father. He actually tried to protect his kid from others who would harm her.

Even if he is a dick for cheating on his wife, I atleast respect him for protecting his kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    So we just gonna gloss over the potential Twin Brother? Ok.
    Craaaaaap I didn't even realize that. What if he's the last surviving Manazon?!

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Yeah I think Is implying that Time is super weird on Paradise Island and While Diana maybe 23 by her count, there is no telling how time distortion works when it comes to the Island. Its also nice to know that Zues wasn't a super uncaring father. He actually tried to protect his kid from others who would harm her.

Even if he is a dick for cheating on his wife, I atleast respect him for protecting his kid.
    Basically all this, yeah. I guess we'll know soon enough?

But at the same time, Myrrina and Grail seem to have stopped aging after a certain point. So it might be an Amazon thing in general?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

(We still don't know how Darkseid comes to mate with Myrna or even why.)
    I think we are just supposed to go along with it at this point lol
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Fantastic Member

Craaaaaap I didn't even realize that. What if he's the last surviving Manazon?!

Basically all this, yeah. I guess we'll know soon enough?
    Who?

But at the same time, Myrrina and Grail seem to have stopped aging after a certain point. So it might be an Amazon thing in general?
    This is how it was supposed to be all along. Azzarello and Morrison depicted Olympus and underworld as places in another dimension. Superman editorial office made Olympus floating island hidden in clouds you could reach just by flying there, they are the ones who introduced the idea that amazons age when they not on island. They took every opportunity to butcher Wonder Woman's mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Rig View Post
    Who?
    Myrrina "saw" something when Hippolyta gave birth to Diana, and then mentioned later that Steve wasn't the first man on Paradise Island. So it's possible Diana may have a twin.

Maybe you the twin will be apart of the lies story in rebirth.

Myrrina "saw" something when Hippolyta gave birth to Diana, and then mentioned later that Steve wasn't the first man on Paradise Island. So it's possible Diana may have a twin.
    I thought that was in reference to Zeus since the Azz run showed him and Hippolyta coupling on Paradise Island...

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    I thought that was in reference to Zeus since the Azz run showed him and Hippolyta coupling on Paradise Island...
    Nah, Zeus is a God. He gets a pass.

Omigod. Don't tell me we're getting a REBIRTH CAPTAIN WONDER!