Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    Writers could reconcile these things pretty easily, if they wanted to.

For example, one could say that, from the Amazons' point of view, the raids were spaced only months or weeks or even (as you suggested) a week apart, and they could have all taken place many Amazon years ago (which would be nice, right?). From the larger world's point of view, the intervals of weeks or months translated into 30-year stretches.
    why would amazons need raids if only 20-25 passed on island. if it is only weeks, there should be baby amazons after diana was born.

As for immortality, someone living on an island where times moves slowly would seem slow-again or immortal to the rest of the world, so the only real discrepancy is probably Exoristos--and, though I liked Demon Knights, ignoring a small point about a short-lived series that happened at the beginning of the New 52 could be an acceptable discrepancy. But, if they really want to rationalize it, they could say that Exoristos' body, having long been nurtured in a place where time moves slowly, continued to age slowly, even imperceptibly, for a long time after she left the island. Eventually, her body might have adjusted to the pace of normal time and aged and died. (We don't know what eventually happened to her, do we?)
    that was a short lived series that brought some good diversity with lesbian exoristus, shining knight that is trans character. and DC should had keep using these characters.

nah thi sjust don't work on any way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TaySwift
    why would amazons need raids if only 20-25 passed on island.
    So there would be a next generation. If the Amazons came to the island without many kids, one of the first things that might have occurred to them (or been pointed out to to them by some goddess or god) is that if their society was going to continue for very long there, they would need a way to reproduce. And they wouldn't want to put it off too long (for example, 20 years of Amazon time), or they might have a more difficult time conceiving. So, soon after coming to the island they might have sent their raiding parties, spaced a few weeks apart, knowing that they would appear decades apart in "Man's World" and thus not arouse suspicion that something bigger than ordinary piracy was going on. Once they'd started their new generation, they'd have no pressing need for more raids for the next two to three decades or so of Amazon time. This would explain why the raids haven't led to overpopulation.

Admittedly, in this scenario, Hippolyta and her peers should probably look about 25 years older than they do--but that amount of aging is commonly fudged in superhero comics anyway.

if it is only weeks, there should be baby amazons after diana was born.
    True--but do we know for sure that Aleka and her peers couldn't be nine months to a couple of years younger than Diana? She still would have been too young to have known anything about the raids.

[quote[that was a short lived series that brought some good diversity with lesbian exoristus, shining knight that is trans character. and DC should had keep using these characters.[/quote]

I liked the book and I'd love for the characters to be used, but even if they are, I doubt editors or creative teams would feel bound to any inconvenient little bits of continuity from the Demon Knights book. They'd probably feel that not enough people have read it and remembered it to require staying committed to every detail of it.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 04-14-2016 at 04:45 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    So there would be a next generation. If the Amazons came to the island without many kids, one of the first things that might have occurred to them (or been pointed out to to them by some goddess or god) is that if their society was going to continue for very long there, they would need a way to reproduce. And they wouldn't want to put it off too long (for example, 20 years of Amazon time), or they might have a more difficult time conceiving. So, soon after coming to the island they might have sent their raiding parties, spaced a few weeks apart, knowing that they would appear decades apart in "Man's World" and thus not arouse suspicion that something bigger than ordinary piracy was going on. Once they'd started their new generation, they'd have no pressing need for more raids for the next two to three decades or so of Amazon time. This would explain why the raids haven't led to overpopulation.

Admittedly, in this scenario, Hippolyta and her peers should probably look about 25 years older than they do--but that amount of aging is commonly fudged in superhero comics anyway.
    they don't need lot of raids, one would be enough to get most women pregnant. My mother birth me when she was 44 years old, in a island blessed by goddesses fertility wouldn't be a problem. I mean they couldjust be immortal and not even need to rape men to get pregnant.

True--but do we know for sure that Aleka and her peers couldn't be nine months to a couple of years younger than Diana? She still would have been too young to have known anything about the raids.
    only if they happened before she was born and a couple of years later. she can't see women pregnant or younger amazons.

[quote[that was a short lived series that brought some good diversity with lesbian exoristus, shining knight that is trans character. and DC should had keep using these characters.[/quote]

I liked the book and I'd love for the characters to be used, but even if they are, I doubt editors or creative teams would feel bound to any inconvenient little bits of continuity from the Demon Knights book. They'd probably feel that not enough people have read it and remembered it to require staying committed to every detail of it.[/QUOTE]

of course, DC always ignoring their own continuity *side eyes*
    this never bring bigger problems, never...