Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    Tim Drake fans? LOL. All 4 of them.
    How many ongoing series has Pixie had, again?

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardian View Post
    As an Aquaman fan, I am extremely happy for that. Personally I don't want to read about underwater Rob Zombie.
    understood on that, but you need to understand also the importance of media synergy.

it's going to look very odd for warner bros and dc when they have a sultry aquaman on the big screen and a blonde-haired white aquaman on the comic books. if this is the direction wb are going for in the films, then surely dc comics should take the initiative and update their comics for it. especially if it will drive to a larger sales potential between both versions of the IP

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    understood on that, but you need to understand also the importance of media synergy.

it's going to look very odd for warner bros and dc when they have a sultry aquaman on the big screen and a blonde-haired white aquaman on the comic books. if this is the direction wb are going for in the films, then surely dc comics should take the initiative and update their comics for it. especially if it will drive to a larger sales potential between both versions of the IP
    If they wanted media synergy, they should have cast a blonde white guy as Aquaman. Not that it would make much difference, there just aren't enough people who get into comics because of adaptations. Green Arrow sales are in the dumpster despite the TV show popularity, Flash sales are nothing to brag about, Guardians of the Galaxy have one fairly successful series, the individual characters books are all failures. And a slight increase in trade sales just isn't enough motivation for comics to change to match their adaptations.

i'm also thinking of attractions like you would see at places like six flags usa or toys and merchandise opportunities.

for example, i was at gamestop just this weekend and they did have 2 versions of aquaman merchandise. one stuffed toy as the sultry mamoa version, and a lego dimensions toy in the classic comic books version.

eventually, these differences are not going to be minor, especially as jason mamoa becomes THE face for aquaman for generations to come.

Amazing Member Grayskull Guardian's Avatar

I still see a ton of merchandise showing the classic costumes for Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman and Robin. Most of these new costumes or movie designs don't last. Remember hook hand Arthur? There were toys and video games featuring him but they usually come back to the original looks.

"There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    How about this?

Attachment 34488
    Looks GOOD, hopefully it'll stay.

(And, I don't see anyone ... complaining ... about the lack of black trunks for Batman ... )