Super Moderator

Default IMAGE EXPO: Remender & Opena Launch Fantasy Series "Seven To Eternity"

The former "Uncanny X-Force" collaborators will tell the story of a dying knight as he tries to save the world from the "God of Whisperers."

Full article here.

Yesssshhhhhhhhh

BANNED

O yea! Very hyped for this one.

I am so looking forward to this. After Uncanny X-Force, I was hoping that Remender and Opena would work on something soon. I remember there was an Ultron book that came out with Opena art, but man...most things Avengers when it comes to the comics, I have a hard time staying awake for.

Them working on this book is just what I was hoping would happen. The only problem is, I've basically sworn off monthly comics. I will definitely get the trade paperback for those beautiful, beautiful Jerome Opena art.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Amazing Member

YEEEEESSS!! Remender with that gorgeous Opena art. I'm in.

Sorry for the necro threading, but I couldn't find a discussion thread for this book.

I've been away from reading/ collecting comics for a couple years for a number of personal adverse situations, now I'm looking to catch up and make a list of priorities.

This book caught my eye, as a fan of Remender's indy work and some of what he did at Marvel.

So, any opinions on this book will be appreciated.

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

Do it. It's tremendous. Dark story set in a fantasy world which has been built with attention to detail. Opeña's art is to me the best in the business and Remender's lines are pure poetry.

Fantastic Member

The only downside is that Opena's art is so good that it was very distracting having the fill-in artist during a few issues last arc. But it looks like this should be starting up again soon based on there being a Vol 3 paperback listed on amazon!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Blade View Post
    Do it. It's tremendous. Dark story set in a fantasy world which has been built with attention to detail. Opeña's art is to me the best in the business and Remender's lines are pure poetry.
    Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    The only downside is that Opena's art is so good that it was very distracting having the fill-in artist during a few issues last arc. But it looks like this should be starting up again soon based on there being a Vol 3 paperback listed on amazon!
    Yeah this is definitely going to be added to my catch up list. The backissues are so damned expensive tho, yet that usually means it was a huge hit for a relatively recent launch.

BANNED

Yeah, for me this book was kinda disappointing. Wonderful art but I dropped it after 4 or 5 issues because the story just wasn't interesting enough.

I have very little patience for average comics these days. Go figure.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    I thought I was the only one who was distracted by the fill-in artist.

I'm still kind of torn if I should buy the next trade. I love the artwork and the story (IMO) is decent. But not too sure yet.

The Black and White oversized issues are amazing. I can't get into the book on it's own, but to see Opena's art in black and white at original size is pretty spectacular.