Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Poll: Which Books Announced at Image Expo Are You Most Excited About?

Which Books Announced at Image Expo Are You Most Excited About?

Image Expo 2016 brought with it a huge new slate of books. Which new title is the one you're most anticipating?

Vote on the poll here.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I voted for VS, but I'm really looking forward to Seven to Eternity as well.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Spectacular Member 100010959493281's Avatar

While not new, PRINCE OF CATS tops my list.

After that, there's something about MOTOR CRUSH that I really want to like.

We'll see how it goes when it gets here, but I really want to like it. Name dropping "FLCL" and "Akira" really makes it tempting too.

And Babs Tarr saying, "This book is gonna OOZE style and cool, your eyeballs will barely be able to handle it! I can't wait to show you guys what we've got!"

Make it fun and crazy and cool and you got me.

Remender and Hickman are the only ones I care about. I voted Remender, because knowing Hickman, it'll put out two issues and then we'll never see it again.
    I might check out a couple more when they drop, but nothing stands out to me.

Wonder why it asks what books but only lets you vote for one?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    knowing Hickman, it'll put out two issues and then we'll never see it again.
    That only happens when he works with Bodenheim, and you know it. All his other books are either completed, or well past #2.

I'm really looking forward to Isola. Karl Kerschl is amazing.
    Last edited by Joker; 04-06-2016 at 02:57 PM.

A bunch of these look really good, Prince of Cats going to Image is super cool. Isola will likely look gorgeous, VS and Afar both have me interested as well. Astrally projecting yourself into other being many lightyears away? Sign me up!

Easy - Seven to Eternity

Can't wait for that. I just love what Remender is writing, can't help it.

Definitely Interested
    Seven to Eternity (Remender and Opena)
    VS (Brandon and Ribic)
    Glitterbomb (Zub and Morissette-Phan)

Still Need to See Art
    The Divided States of Hysteria (Chaykin)
    Horizon (Thomas and Gedeon)
    Isola (Fletcher and Kerschl)
    The Hunt (Lorimer)
    Lake of Fire (Fairbairn and Smith)
    Motor Crush (Fletcher, Stewart, and Tarr)
    Last edited by sven; 04-07-2016 at 05:24 AM.

Seven to Eternity
    VS
    Kill or Be Killed

Although I wish we got more of a preview from Brubaker

Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Wonder why it asks what books but only lets you vote for one?

That only happens when he works with Bodenheim, and you know it. All his other books are either completed, or well past #2.

I'm really looking forward to Isola. Karl Kerschl is amazing.
    This is truth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Remender and Hickman are the only ones I care about. I voted Remender, because knowing Hickman, it'll put out two issues and then we'll never see it again.
    I might check out a couple more when they drop, but nothing stands out to me.
    Knowing Hickman I know he put almost 30+ issues of east of west in three years, a lot of Manhattan Projects issues and had a schedule problem for his last books and stopped it to restart it when enough issues were completed. These silly generalizations comic fans make based on particular cases are really off putting.

Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by penthotal View Post
    Knowing Hickman I know he put almost 30+ issues of east of west in three years, a lot of Manhattan Projects issues and had a schedule problem for his last books and stopped it to restart it when enough issues were completed. These silly generalizations comic fans make based on particular cases are really off putting.
    I also feel fans rarely take into account how authors deal with delays. For example, Ellis is notoriously bad about giving fans updates on his late projects. Hickman on the other hand has been really open about his exhaustion from the 98+ Marvel issues he's done in the last three years has negatively impacted his Image projects. Personally, as long as writers are aware of their audience and want to put the best product out, I can't help but feel supportive.

Quote Originally Posted by penthotal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    LOL I was just being hyperbolic, in jest. I didn't know Hickman fans were so defensive, I won't make lame jokes at his expense any more. I know it's only the case for The Dying And The Dead, but he hasn't started any projects since that one, and the last Manhattan Projects arc took forever to complete, and Secret Wars was plagued with delays (I know, I know, it was the artists fault) so "the guy whose books are always late" is his temporary reputation.
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 04-07-2016 at 07:52 AM.

Isola by far. It's been in development for 30 years with inspiration from Miyazaki? Yes please. I'm also digging seeing more Image series pull influence from anime and manga and making a marriage with them and the American comics form. Lots more stuff interests me with this Expo than the last, I just hope most of them come out on time and consistently.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

This will probably be one of the less common votes, but being a former ballerina I am extremely excited to see what Prima will be like

A few others that caught my attention were VS, Glitterbomb, and Moonshine
    I'm sure once I do a little more research on some of the others my list will grow.