Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amazing Member

One of the all time greats. I was disappointed he hadn't worked on more fantasy stuff. He was a big fan of the genre, one of the biggest in all the comicdom. He was offered work on Conan the Barbarian after Barry Windsor-Smith, but couldn't keep up with the monthly schedule.

I think the majority of his best work was for DC, though.

Mighty Member

His John Carter of Mars was some of my favorite work ever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    He's always been one of my favourite comic-book artists. I wonder how many comic-books I bought back in the day because of his fantastic covers.
    His interior work was, to me, likewise fantastic.

BANNED

Happy Birthday to the late GREAT Gil Kane!!!

Giant-Size X-Men #1 (1975)
    The dramatic debut of the all-new all-different X-Men!

Cover by Gil Kane and Dave Cockrum

BANNED

Werewolf by Night #32
    Moon Knight makes his unforgettable first appearance!

Cover by Gil Kane https://13thdimension.com/13-groovy-...y-celebration/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Iron Fist debuted in the pages of 1974’s Marvel Premiere #15, an origin tale from Roy Thomas and Gil Kane that is a a mixed cocktail of borrowed tropes (with a savage chaser). We first meet Danny Rand — the future Iron Fist — as a child, trudging through Himalayan snows with his mother, his father, and his father’s evil business partner, looking for the fabled city of K’un Lun, a kind of Shangri-La that opens to the outside world only once per decade. In short order, Danny’s father is kicked off a cliff by his partner (evil, remember?), cartwheeling and ragdolling off the rocks while young Danny looks on … and then if that wasn’t enough, after Danny and his mother are abandoned to die, Danny gets to watch his mom torn apart by starving wolves before he is rescued by the warrior monks of K’un Lun.

It’s enough to make you yearn for a benign origin, like watching your parents gunned down in a Gotham City alley,
    but this trauma is put to good use, as Danny is adopted into the mystical city of K’un Lun, and montages into a vengeance-fueled martial arts master,

eventually wrestling a dragon to the ground to steal the power of its heart,
    and refusing the gift of immortality to leave the city on a mission of vengeance when the gates reopen a decade later.
    This decade, I cannot wait to see Kevin Feige introducing Iron Fist in the Marvel Cinematic Universe with the to me way cool mask.

No matter what, the Gil Kane version of the Abomination is an all-time favorite...

What great comic scenes!

Happy Birthday Gil Kane!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

IMO Gil Kane's version of the Abomination marvel character is to be featured in the She-Hulk Disney+ series