Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Arrow" Death: Showrunners, Stars Discuss How [SPOILER] Ended Up in the Grave

"Arrow" showrunners Marc Guggenheim & Wendy Mericle and the show's stars reveal how and why a key character met their fate, and what's next.

Full article here.

And why do I think that she's not dead. That Laurel Lance is dead but Black Canary is alive. That this is her way of being Black Canary full time.

Spectacular Member

This kills all interest in this show for me. There are way too many deaths of main characters. Moira was awesome, such a shame and now Laurel. Ugh.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

It hurts, my instinct was to get mad too. But she went from a drugged out mess, to going out fighting.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusRex View Post
    And why do I think that she's not dead. That Laurel Lance is dead but Black Canary is alive. That this is her way of being Black Canary full time.
    I really hope this is the case, and this is just going to push her to being more like she is in the comics. If she's gone for good, I am pissed off and might stop watching. Dinah was a hero in the books for just as long, if not longer than Green Arrow (I can't remember who premiered first) And to use her as if she is part of his Universe, a prop in his stories, and not her own kinda pisses me off.

Hopefully we get Dinah Drake (Laurel) Lance out of this.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I really hope this is the case, and this is just going to push her to being more like she is in the comics. If she's gone for good, I am pissed off and might stop watching. Dinah was a hero in the books for just as long, if not longer than Green Arrow (I can't remember who premiered first) And to use her as if she is part of his Universe, a prop in his stories, and not her own kinda pisses me off.

Hopefully we get Dinah Drake (Laurel) Lance out of this.
    If somebody else became BC, I'd be more upset. Fake Laurel's death, or retire BC.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

She's dead guys, that's it. If she comes back one day it's because of the backslash, not because they thought since the beginning.

I'm ill. That article was some tough gristle to get through.

I feel like Katie never had a chance. The show has always been mediocre and often felt like the creatives were flailing, but they clearly never knew what to do with her.

At least I can ditch the show once and for all and hopefully KC will move on to bigger and better... and hey, she'll finally be free of some heinous Olicity trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightengale View Post
    I'm ill. That article was some tough gristle to get through.

I feel like Katie never had a chance. The show has always been mediocre and often felt like the creatives were flailing, but they clearly never knew what to do with her.

At least I can ditch the show once and for all and hopefully KC will move on to bigger and better... and hey, she'll finally be free of some heinous Olicity trolls.

I respect that the showrunners are saying this isn't the comic, and they know people will be angry. They're set on writing what they want.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylarue View Post
    This kills all interest in this show for me. There are way too many deaths of main characters. Moira was awesome, such a shame and now Laurel. Ugh.
    Moira, Laurel, and Tommy. That's 3 in 4 years. Not really a big body count. And Laurel hasn't actually been a real "main character" for a while, now.

I have been a fan of Arrow for quite some time, and I do understand that characters are going to die over time, but I feel Arrow made a wrong choice.

Female characters have not had good luck on that show;

Laurel
    Oliver's Mom
    Sara (died twice)
    Thea (was killed and a Lazarus pit was needed to bring her back, and then a deal had to be made to get the herb to cure her from what was hospitalizing her.)
    Felicity (for a time was paralayzed.)

Those are the major female characters in the show. All of which have either died or been significantly injured. All of them as well were victims.
    Sara died by arrows being shot at her
    Laurel died by Darkh stabbing her when she was defenseless
    Oliver's mother, though she chose herself to die, as heroic was killed by Deathstroke
    Felicity was paralyzed in a car shooting
    Thea was killed when she was attacked in her home

Oliver's mother is about the only one that died as a hero. To me, this is skating very close to the "Women in Refrigerator" scenarios. Maybe I don't understand that controversy well enough to even mention it, as I could be using it incorrectly, but just on the surface, it is feeling like that. I do like the show, and Laurel was one of the reasons for that. Looking at Oliver's best friend though, Diggle, over the entire course of the series, he really hasn't had much to overcome. He's been a spectacular friend and ally of Oliver's but seemingly any woman even in his zip code, has to be significantly harmed for the show to progress. Amanda Waller was also recently killed.
    Last edited by DisneyWWfan; 04-06-2016 at 06:57 PM.

I'm just glad they actually revealed who died. They could have left it as a season finale cliffhanger and made us wait until next season to find out who died.
    "You address omnipotence. Tread carefully."

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyWWfan View Post
    seemingly any woman even in his zip code, has to be significantly harmed for the show to progress.
    Other than Diggle there are really no long term male supporting actors to Arrow. They are all female. Also note Roy "died" too. As did Ray "die." As did Oliver's father. Tommy died too. Just as many males have died.
    Last edited by Blacksquare; 04-06-2016 at 07:02 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusRex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    And to use her as if she is part of his Universe, a prop in his stories, and not her own kinda pisses me off.
    Birds of Prey. She reunites with the Huntress. And they bring in Batgirl as Oracle. Hell, even throw in the Question.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksquare View Post
    Other than Diggle there are really no long term male supporting actors to Arrow. They are all female. Also note Roy "died" too. As did Ray "die."
    As did Tommy.