Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default I'm Torn on DC Rebirth.....

on one hand i feel like giving them a chance between the new 52 was what got me back into comics back in 2011 (batwoman animal man swamp thing justice league dark and batman subscribed directly from dc that year)and with almost every other publisher pushing out books at $3.99 it's a relief to see a publisher going in the opposite direction(cheaper as opposed to expensive)

but what has me sketchy is some of the things that turned me away in the first place such as the creative decisions that either resulted in books being mishandled or creative teams getting the boot in some cases due to differences that couldn't be resolved

DC Has made some very bizarre choices in the past couple years and with marvel beating them in sales and creativity it's quite clear that DC's plans up to now haven't been working as well as they thought they would

I Have a very bad feeling that rebirth could just turn out to be another one of DC's failed ideas to try and draw comic book fans back to them

what do i even do? some of the creative teams I'm not really familiar and just don't know the quality of their work

BANNED

Based on your second paragraph, you have a particular set of requirements for your comics that I don't believe DC is ever going to meet, and I don't think Rebirth is going to be any different from that perspective, so you might want to move on to something else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Based on your second paragraph, you have a particular set of requirements for your comics that I don't believe DC is ever going to meet, and I don't think Rebirth is going to be any different from that perspective, so you might want to move on to something else.
    then that just spells horrible things to me because DC Just going full on derp and lighting everything on fire isn't something they can get away from

but hey I've already been reading marvel again for several years now and haven't touched a DC Comic in ages so there's no moving on required

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

DC Rebirth seems to be a much more thought out attempt the revitalize the books then New52 was. I would at least give it a chance.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Just like anything else, try it out and see if you like it. If you do, you have something you enjoy. If you don't care for it, you gave it a fair shot and made an informed decision. At this point, no one really knows what Rebirth will end up being. So I'd at least give it a shot. Plus some of their decisions sound pretty awesome, like putting King on Batman. Why would you want to miss that?

I'm loosing faith in what DC can bring to the table. I was like yourself Chrystalis, the New52 is what brought me back to comic book collecting/reading but have since dropped them all with the exception of Aquaman. (I was close when Bunn was on the run recently.) I became really turned off from what the editors (who shall remain nameless as to not incite any anger) were doing to this wonderful universe. It seems that they ran out of ideas/ rehashing older story-lines and doing things only for the cash grab. I feel that this Reboot is only to do damage control to what they did in the New52 and loosing most of their fan base, & I feel that this will also be done in a haphazardly way. I'll check out the "new" Aquaman before I buy it but I'm thinking that this might be the last I'll read of him till the un-aforementioned editor leaves DCcomics. Then I'll be curious and check out what DC has to offer. May even start reading them again.
    PULL LIST;DARK HORSE; Black Hammer, Briggs Land, Cryptocracy, DHP, Surviving Megalopolis, Weird Detective DC; Aquaman VERTIGO; The Clean Room IMAGE; Paper Girls, The One%, Wicked & Divine IDW; Back to the Future, Dirk Gently, The X-Files ONI; Exodus: The Life After ACTION LAB; Puppet Master DYNAMITE; James Bond ARCHIE HORROR; Afterlife with Archie, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina AFTER SHOCK; American Monster, B.E.K., Jack Pot! BLACK MASK; 4Kids Walk Into A Bank & AVATAR; Cinema Purgatorio

BANNED

and just what are these rebirth issues? are they just like one shot introductions to the new books or what

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    DC Rebirth seems to be a much more thought out attempt the revitalize the books then New52 was. I would at least give it a chance.
    Yeah plus everything is 2.99 even the big 80 page book, I mean you got nothing to lose getting that so see how you feel after that.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    then that just spells horrible things to me because DC Just going full on derp and lighting everything on fire isn't something they can get away from

but hey I've already been reading marvel again for several years now and haven't touched a DC Comic in ages so there's no moving on required
    So you aren't reading any DC books now and they have you thinking about picking something up? Rebirth mission accomplished I guess. No one here can convince you...I guess pick up something that interests you and see if you like it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Yeah plus everything is 2.99 even the big 80 page book, I mean you got nothing to lose getting that so see how you feel after that.
    since i get my comics from tfaw.com they'd be $2.39(20% off each pre-order)so even more tempting from my side

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Hello Chrysalis, I think if you gave New 52 a chance, you should give Rebirth a go..I think you want to keep on with DC so take a dip in as others have mentioned and give some chosen titles a run (at $2.99 it will hurt less) and you might enjoy some gems. And why not? Don't write DC off yet, in all cases, even though mistakes have and are being made....my bugbear on Rebirth however remains with the treatment of Superman, don‘t get me started again...

Jon

BANNED

I don't have the highest expectations for Rebirth myself. But I'm still going to use it as a jumping on point for DC comics. Post Flashpoint DC has been a mess, and it's probably going to take more than another relaunch and some new creative teams to get them out of this mess. But someday, when new people are in charge, their comics will be great again, and I'd like to be on board with the DCU when that happens. I'll just pick up the good stuff and ignore the bad. Hopefully, there will be far more good stories a couple years from now.

BANNED

and just what are these rebirth issues? are they just like one shot introductions to the new books or what
    I suspect the one-shots will show the characters moving into their new "status quo" and then the #1 issues of the series picks up from there.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    ... so you might want to move on to something else.
    I don't think we should ever be telling people to not buy things before we know what they're like. We should all be rooting for the success of DC and they desperately need more readers. Try some things out that interest you and keep buying what you like. I have high hopes for Rebirth, despite my continued irritation with the lack of a Shazam or Thunderworld title.

Amazing Member

since i get my comics from tfaw.com they'd be $2.39(20% off each pre-order)so even more tempting from my side

DC Rebirth is only .74 cents on DCBS