Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    I don't think we should ever be telling people to not buy things before we know what they're like. We should all be rooting for the success of DC and they desperately need more readers. Try some things out that interest you and keep buying what you like. I have high hopes for Rebirth, despite my continued irritation with the lack of a Shazam or Thunderworld title.
    Thing is, there are certain things that DC pretty much values. Such as strong editorial control. Also, I think that anybody who feels that DC "mishandled" a series (rather than it being something they simply didn't like) sounds like they have pretty specific ideas about how comics should be produced, and isn't likely to enjoy the risks that DC DOES wind up taking.

I'm all about having people give DC a chance, but there's no sense in someone who isn't really interested in the kind of corporate character-based work that DC does bothering. It just results in more people on DC message boards complaining.

Ultimate Member

so you might want to move on to something else.

And you wonder why folks don't care for you.

The OP asked a question. Instead of running them off be happy that they are at LEAST asking or considering DC.

Who has given everybody plenty of reasons to leave.

To the OP-you can wait till the books go into trade and be available to read at the library. If comic cons are common where you are-go to them to get the books cheaper. If you have used book stores (like Half Price books) more than likely most of the book will be there for half the price within a few days of release.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I say you should definitely give them another go. Maybe there'll be something in the new line that you'll find enjoyment in.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And you wonder why folks don't care for you.

The OP asked a question. Instead of running them off be happy that they are at LEAST asking or considering DC.

Who has given everybody plenty of reasons to leave.

To the OP-you can wait till the books go into trade and be available to read at the library. If comic cons are common where you are-go to them to get the books cheaper. If you have used book stores (like Half Price books) more than likely most of the book will be there for half the price within a few days of release.
    The OP literally asked "what do i even do?" - so I told them my opinion of what they needed to do. I can tell by their concerns that they aren't going like Rebirth.

And the only people who don't care for me are the ones who don't like reality thrown in their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    I don't think we should ever be telling people to not buy things before we know what they're like. We should all be rooting for the success of DC and they desperately need more readers. Try some things out that interest you and keep buying what you like. I have high hopes for Rebirth, despite my continued irritation with the lack of a Shazam or Thunderworld title.
    i'm keeping my eyes out for a new shazam book too. be patient there, because we did see him on the rebirth cover with the other marquee characters.

Incredible Member

I'm using Rebirth as a jumping off point myself. Most of the books I started with have long since been canceled and the last two (Justice League 3001, DC Comics Bombshells) don't have anything to do really with the rest of the DCU and I think are getting canceled anyway. I'll still get my Vertigo titles but those I do not really consider DC. But the rest has not piqued my interest the way some of the earlier New 52 did (Justice League International, Dial H, and the Uncle Sam minis).

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Rock View Post
    I'm using Rebirth as a jumping off point myself. Most of the books I started with have long since been canceled and the last two (Justice League 3001, DC Comics Bombshells) don't have anything to do really with the rest of the DCU and I think are getting canceled anyway. I'll still get my Vertigo titles but those I do not really consider DC. But the rest has not piqued my interest the way some of the earlier New 52 did (Justice League International, Dial H, and the Uncle Sam minis).
    Bennett said DC Bombshells is still going.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Based on your second paragraph, you have a particular set of requirements for your comics that I don't believe DC is ever going to meet, and I don't think Rebirth is going to be any different from that perspective, so you might want to move on to something else.
    Wow, I hope you don't work the suicide prevention hotline in real life

"Based on what you want out of life, you have a particular set of requirements that I don't believe will ever be met, so you might want to move on to something else and if you are Hindu, hope for some kind of rebirth"
    Last edited by upgrayedd; 04-07-2016 at 09:53 PM.
    I have no beef with Vegans

My guess is dc is overpopulating with too many titles and what dc needs is not rebirth but less births and more suicidal titles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post

"Based on what you want out of life, you have a particular set of requirements that I don't believe will ever be met, so you might want to move on to something else and if you are Hindu, hope for some kind of rebirth"
    I understand why you would say this, but I think he, like many of us, have seen OP´s posts and threads so many times so see that he is unlikely to be happy with whatever DC does end up coming out with. In general the comics he seems to enjoy most are those not of the mainstream super hero kind and this relaunch seems like it is likely going to be very much this.

That being said OP: Try out the 80p book and the rebirth issues you find interesting. I know a lot of the reasons for yóur threads is because you have a budget, but as pointed out a lost of these will be cheeper then´others so try some of them out if you see something that seems interesting.

At this point this is really all we can tell you.

BANNED

these are the ones I'm looking at now

green lanterns
    batman
    detective comics(not really under the rebirth title but ya know)

heres my thoughts on the other rebirth debut titles

superman(haven't read a superman comic in years aside from one issue of unchained and don't have much experience at all with the writer's work)
    green arrow(hoping it's better than the show but I've heard Percy's current run on the character has been one of the weakest runs for Ollie)
    aquaman(hear good things about dan abnett and aquaman was always that book in the new 52 that had it's shining moments and fun issues that i just never checked out because The Bat Titles And the horror stuff took priority over it)
    action comics(sinice i listed detective might as well list this....didn't read lois and clark so I'm not up to date on the classic superman coming to the new 52 story)
    the flash(i really like the tv show and wouldn't mind reading the flash it just all depends on the interior artwork and if joshua williamson can write a compelling flash series)

I'm around sometimes NeuroticNyx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post

What on earth does suicide prevention have to do with interest in comic books? That's kind of silly.

BANNED

two things worry me however

1.Ben Percy's Current Run On Green Arrow is said to be the weakest so far that the character has had in recent years
    2.Sam Humphries has a very iffy reputation due to the books he's worked on over at marvel and it makes me scared to even attempt to read green lanterns when marvel fans just groan at the mention of his name

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    two things worry me however

1.Ben Percy's Current Run On Green Arrow is said to be the weakest so far that the character has had in recent years
    2.Sam Humphries has a very iffy reputation due to the books he's worked on over at marvel and it makes me scared to even attempt to read green lanterns when marvel fans just groan at the mention of his name
    Perhaps you might be more interested in the Young Animal line that was introduced yesterday?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...l-shade-titles

BANNED

I Might Try Mother Panic out of that line or doom patrol(although i have no experience with any version of that team)