Super Moderator

Default "Walking Dead's" Negan Creates Lucille in First Preview of Comic Character's Origin Story

Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard's 48-page "Here's Negan" story will explore Negan's previously unknown background.

Full article here.

LOVE IT.
    As always, the title spoiled what would have been a great reveal. They could have said Negan Origins Prequel Comic Already F%^&ing Rules and let us find out for ourselves.

I'm really interested in this, but I don't want the story in the Image+ form. I really hope Image will collect this after all parts of the story have been released. Image eventually released the Michonne "origin" story story that was first released in an issue of Playboy. Image eventually released it as part of Free Comic Book Day three years ago I think it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    I'm really interested in this, but I don't want the story in the Image+ form. I really hope Image will collect this after all parts of the story have been released. Image eventually released the Michonne "origin" story story that was first released in an issue of Playboy. Image eventually released it as part of Free Comic Book Day three years ago I think it was.
    Kirkman said in TWD #153 Letter Hacks that he imagines it will eventually released in one complete issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    What is the Image+ form?

Quote Originally Posted by RonFett View Post
    Kirkman said in TWD #153 Letter Hacks that he imagines it will eventually released in one complete issue.
    That's what I was hoping to hear. I'm very interested in this story, but don't want to be bothered looking for it in some preview/gimmick/buy more stuff format. I have the Michonne, Governor, and Tyreese specials even though they're basically a few pages of new story added to reprints and don't really add a hell of a lot to the mythos.
    Just yesterday I was wondering why they weren't doing a Negan special. I'll probably wait for the "collected" issue.

Quick question: Here's Negan was released in hardcover on Oct 10, 2017. Since I collects the Compendium editions, I decided to wait for a trade paperback that fit the size of these. One did came out (with the Free Comic Book Day special), but it was part of the The Walking Dead Compendium 15th Anniversary Box Set released on Oct 9, 2018...

Do you think that there is any chance that the TPB will be released on its own in the future?