Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    At least now there should be monthly comics to the end of the story.
    But does that mean that it will be ending soon? Could Rising Action be the final story arc? I hope it isn't, but Kieron did say (at the end of issue #18) that there should be no more gaps in publication. Makes me wonder.
    New to blogging. Can't quite wrap my head around themes, etc. So for now I'm just going to focus on the content, although I would like my site to look less basic than it already does. Maybe someday.

currentcomicsandmore.tumblr.com

Check it out!

This Earth's Donna Troy Donna M.'s Avatar

This is amazing! A message board that's actually discussing WicDiv in detail? Awesome!
    To answer the above post, Rising Action isn't WicDiv's last arc. Gillen has stated that there will be around 50-60 issues with at least 2 specials with the first special being about the 1880's pantheon. Now, a few other things:

1) Laura and Baph - Laura had previously admitted to being kind of attracted to Baph. That on it's own is okay since, let's face it, he's attractive (IMO, anyway). But why on earth would she sleep with someone who offed one of her best friends? I suspect that she either has no idea that Baph attacked and seemingly killed Inanna, or Inanna isn't really dead. I'm hoping for the latter.

2) Baphomet as the False God - I feel like this could be a thing. Ananke's obviously playing some kind of very long con here, and having Marian offer her up a potential patsy in Cameron just made things easier. This would also explain where Persephone comes from. It wouldn't shock me at all if it turned out that Persephone had some kind of beef with Ananke in previous Pantheons.

3) Baal - Now that he's seen Laura as Persephone, he's going to finally begin to think that something's amiss. Once he figures out that yes, things are definitely amiss, he's toast.

I have a ton more theories, but that's all I can get down for now. What do you all think?

BANNED

Eh Ananke doesn't have much reliable source. Baal though probably stays neutral. He is not teaming up with a team that has Baphomet because Inanna. Same for Cass, she has never been a Ananke fan but Baph did try to off her. Ama is probably similar to Baal.

This Earth's Donna Troy Donna M.'s Avatar

There's no way Ananke is a reliable narrator here. I don't think she's lying about everything, but she's lying about a lot. Plus Baal figuring out that Ananke's lying doesn't mean he'll join up with someone responsible for his boyfriend's death. He's more likely to attack Ananke directly, in which case he'd surely find his end there. But we'll certainly know more after this week's issue comes out. I hope.

BANNED

Should be a good amount of Baal. The variant cover is him.

My point was more from what we can tell before Laura showed up Gods kinda broke into two major groups. Tara doesn't count because she was independent.

Team Superstar: Inanna, Baal, Luci, Ama, Woden, Sekhmet and Mini.
    Team Underground: Morrigan, Baphomet, and Dionysus.

So if you figure all the gods find out about Ananke then it breaks like this probably.

Rebellion: Laura, Morrigan, Baphomet, Mini and Dionysus. Basically the morrigan loyalist faction plus Mini.
    Neutral: Baal, Ama, Cass. Reasons to not like both sides. Essentially unlikely to forgive either Baphomet or Ananke.
    Loyalist: Woden, Sekhmet. Locked in to team Ananke. For reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna M. View Post
    This is amazing! A message board that's actually discussing WicDiv in detail? Awesome!
    Now I feel guilty that I assumed this thread was dead. However new issue new thread. I am bound to be around to discuss any of this on that thread because this is still one of the best comics this decade.

All-New Member

Hi guys, I realise this could be considered crass to post this here but I'd like a fan of this series to get these books. I'm selling my copies of The Wicked And The Divine 1 - 17 on eBay. Seven of them are signed, all by Gillen, four by McKelvie and one by Tula Lotay (her issue and variant cover). All are first printings and have been read once then bagged and boarded. I'll be honest, I never got into this series and persisted with it way further than I should have.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/272245036780?...84.m1558.l2649

BANNED

Honestly if you have that many already I just keep collecting until the series is done and then cash in.

All-New Member

Normally I'd agree with you about collecting until the end but Gillen has said it could run to 60 issues and I can't go there. I think I got caught up in the hype of the series and it took me a while to realise it just wasn't for me.Now I really just want to get my money back which it looks like I will. The hope was that a real fan of the book would take and treasure these because of the signatures. I've never even sold anything on eBay before.

BANNED

ah Okay. That makes sense dang 60 issues. I would have guessed we were halfway done at this point.