Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default ECCC: DC Comics Launching "Young Animal" Imprint with Gerard Way; New "Doom Patrol," "Shade" Titles

Gerard Way ("Umbrella Academy") is kicking off his own line at DC, including new "Doom Patrol" and "Shade" books, among others.

Full article here.

This is... odd. I'll definitely be giving Shade a look, hoping Rac Shade also shows up. Doom Patrol is a maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Not Getting Any Younger Kikaider's Avatar

That is Negative Man front and center in that pic.

Doom Patrol for sure. Definitely interested in Shade and Cave Carson as well.

Solid lineups on all four books.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

BANNED

I was a big My Chemical Romance fan in high school, and I never thought their frontman would end up with his own DC imprint post-breakup. First ever rockstar turned comics publisher, I guess.

You see this? This right here? This is freakin' awesome.

This looks awesome. (Flex Mentallo in Doom Patrol?) I'm getting all of them.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

All of these sound fun so I'll be giving all of them a try.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Is Negative Man now a furry? That's certainly 21st C hipster. Bandages are SO 20th C goth!
    Becky Cloonan's not doing Shade interiors?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

So who is on the team in doom patrol? I might give it a chance, but the overall weirdness of the book is a hard sell for me.

Incredible Member

Weird choice to launch another imprint instead of beefing up Vertigo, but looking good so far.

Mother Panic sounds and looks great, but do we really need another vigilante in Gotham City of all places?

Also interested in Doom Patrol. Anyone know who that cat boy is if he isn't a new character? My immediate idea was a reimagined Beast Boy, but the books seem to be in-continuity? (More of a feeling than anything else, as they haven't said anything decisively pointing in either direction.) So the youngest Wildcat of the old DCU? Otherwise I'm drawing a blank.

The other two aren't really my cup of tea, I presume, but cool that they will exist for others to enjoy.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

This is the shot in the arm DC needed.
    Vertigo finally comes full circle.

Here's hoping that the new line won't be held to the same numbers quota as the regular DCU.
    Maybe stuff like Omega Men and Hellblazer can be folded into it.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

This looks like it'll be a fun imprint. Definitely gonna check out Shade & Doom Patrol.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Posted this from another thread, Young Animal sounds to me like DC's attempt at mix between DCyou and Vertigo, which is not a bad thing at all. I like the idea that it could be possibly be set in the DC universe while also it's own independent series and do whatever it is they want. My one concern though is that Mother Panic sounds like another female Batman to me, but I could be proven wrong. Either way I'll at least try an issue or so.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

Excellent choice ! I'm a big fan of Flex Mentallo and Doom Patrol from Morrison, Gerald Way is the best choice for this kind of story ! I'm a Marvel fan, but between Tom King and this, I'm very happy with the choices of authors from Dc (unless Scott Lobdell return), they take risk like in the 80's, it's cool.