Default The Amazing Spider-Man 1.5 discussion

Well, other then that pretty disappointing final fight with Clash ( how easily did Spidey take him out? )... This issue was damn great. The best comics are those that highlight why we love the characters that we enjoy, and this issue is a perfect example of that. A got a fantasic tribute to Uncle Ben here that I loved. This issue captured who Spider-man is, and because of that, I loved it.

What did everybody else think?
    I look around at us and you know what I see? Losers... I mean like, folks who have lost stuff. And we have, man, we have, all of us. Homes, and our families, normal lives. And you think life takes more than it gives, but not today. Today it's giving us something. It is giving us a chance.

I thought this was a good issue. As you said, I think the final fight was somewhat disappointing.

I also disappointed with the ultimate outcome. What happened to Clayton? Why haven't we heard from him in all these years? Spider-Man unmasked him and that caused him just stop? Is he the one bad guy that has been successfully kept behind bars? Does not feel like much of a conclusion for Clayton as promised.

I will honestly say that I thought this series would be a disappointment. It wasn't, and it's cause it goes at the one thing Dan Slott rarely does in his current Spider-Man, which goes into the mindset of Peter Parker. This series actually makes up for the lackluster ASM 1-6, cause this one was really just the thing missing from those issues. Dan Slott kept on talking about that Aunt May scene, which is gonna be up there in his top Spider-Man moments as a writer.

Good Job Dan Slott, he deserves every credit for this series.
    Along with Ramon Perez with that last page spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    I will honestly say that I thought this series would be a disappointment. It wasn't, and it's cause it goes at the one thing Dan Slott rarely does in his current Spider-Man, which goes into the mindset of Peter Parker. This series actually makes up for the lackluster ASM 1-6, cause this one was really just the thing missing from those issues. Dan Slott kept on talking about that Aunt May scene, which is gonna be up there in his top Spider-Man moments as a writer.

Good Job Dan Slott, he deserves every credit for this series.
    Along with Ramon Perez with that last page spread.
    I agree this was a great moment but at the same time I am not sure it is enough to justify a five part series.

Art was great. That is for sure.

BANNED

As with the previous four issues, I thought this final chapter in LTC was fine. It's a nicely crafted love letter to the Lee/Ditko days. However, now that it's reached its end, I'm having a hard time seeing why this was a story that needed to be told - and taking up five issues in the process, at that. I was expecting this last issue to deliver some big "a-ha" moment but there's a sweet disclosure of Uncle Ben's influence beyond "with great power..." that could've been told in a flashback in any other issue and we see the end of Clash but yet are given no real explanation why Clayton never appears again. His superhero guise was busted, sure, but he wasn't killed so why the complete disappearance? Hopefully the character will make a reappearance in current continuity - I can definitely see him being a competitor with Parker Industries.

Ultimately, I liked LTC but given its lightweight ending, I can't say I was crazy for it.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Yeah, I was hoping for an explanation of why we haven't seen Clash again, but looking back, we didn't really get an explanation for most of the Untold Tales villains' lack of subsequent appearances, either...and most of them promptly started showing up in the modern day.

Except for the Spacemen, Menace (no, not her), and Gordon "The Terrier" Savinski, all of whom are presumably still languishing in jail, having hired the Marvel equivalent of Lionel Hutz.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rhino View Post
    I agree this was a great moment but at the same time I am not sure it is enough to justify a five part series.
    Well the thing I really take away from LTC is that Dan Slott has the capabilities of writing and making the reader care for Peter Parker and Spider-Man normally without having the blown-up situations he's done in Amazing. Especially since it dealt with Peter and his mindset, which Slott rarely does in Amazing.

Astonishing Member

Well the thing I really take away from LTC is that Dan Slott has the capabilities of writing and making the reader care for Peter Parker and Spider-Man normally without having the blown-up situations he's done in Amazing. Especially since it dealt with Peter and his mindset, which Slott rarely does in Amazing.
    Maybe Marvel could place Slott into a titled Spider-Man series where he could excel in such as Spider-Man: the hidden years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    Yeah, I was hoping for an explanation of why we haven't seen Clash again, but looking back, we didn't really get an explanation for most of the Untold Tales villains' lack of subsequent appearances, either...and most of them promptly started showing up in the modern day.

Except for the Spacemen, Menace (no, not her), and Gordon "The Terrier" Savinski, all of whom are presumably still languishing in jail, having hired the Marvel equivalent of Lionel Hutz.
    I'd have sworn someone at Marvel promised an explanation for why we haven't seen Clash since the first appearance, so I had higher hopes for the resolution.

It's a solid ending for a mini-series that will probably be a mainstay in new reader recommendations.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

solid ending but im glad this series is over with now amazing will ship twice a month again and that will hopefully help future arcs

What the hell happened to clash though they promised a resolution in the previews and he's kinda glossed over in the end
    You'll Never See This Terrible Plot Twist Coming....

Is this work a compliment to the exposition of what it is to be Spiderman, like he did in Superior Spiderman? One would hope Dan Slott added his two cents worth to the Mythos of Peter Parker. It's nice that Peter had spider powers. There are a ton of people who have spider powers in this and other universes, but there is only the one true Spiderman. Stan Lee and Steve Ditko imbued Peter Parker with his Mythos very early on, and they did a great job, because they showed Peter will not let anyone down. He persists to the edge of exhaustion to do it too. What we needed was another dimension from Dan about why Peter is like he is and why he does it?