Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default New "Arrow" Synopsis Hints That [Spoiler] Might Not Actually Be Dead

A new synopsis for the April 28 episode of "Arrow" hints at a recently-dead character's return.

Full article here.

It'll be nice to see Nyssa again at least, even if it's not under the best of circumstances...

I wonder what these Black Canary sightings might mean? Especially given Guggenheim's confirmed Laurel's really dead. I wonder if people are taking up the identity the same way Laurel took up Sara's identity?

Incredible Member

According to Bleeding Cool some days ago, that's exactly what happens.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

BANNED

Of course she'll back in someway. The showrunners said its not a fake out but what else are they supposed to say that won't undercut the dramatic tension of future episodes.

Personally I think "Laurel Lance" died so that Laurel could be Black Canary full time. She'll reappear soon going by the name Dinah to get closer to her comic book roots. Or her Earth 2 counterpart that is going to be on Flash will somehow end up on Arrow. One way or another we haven't been fortunate enough to get rid of zero chemistry with anyone Katie Cassidy and her bad acting.

If it was my perfect plotline then after this season of LoT, Sara would return and become Black Canary but I don't think we can be rid of Laurel that fortunately.

Fantastic Member

Wink

i know it has been reiterated that she's really dead, but then i kept thinking that screen cut where something happens, and suddenly she's dying... and earlier this season oliver had a a magic trick that made that russian girl "dead" ..makes me believe, writers are just really messing with us and its all kayfabe. im not even a huge BC fan. and i prefer sarah over laurel. but it just seemed like the really left a "way out" in case they need to bring back laurel.

oh and if there are these "BC sightings" with "other people taking up the mantle"; sure hope it doesnt turn out to be Diggle or Nyssa becoming BC in honor of laurel and that Canary is a symbol or something to that effect.
    Last edited by daisetsu100; 04-07-2016 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daisetsu100 View Post
    i know it has been reiterated that she's really dead, but then i kept thinking that screen cut where something happens, and suddenly she's dying... and earlier this season oliver had a a magic trick that made that russian girl "dead" ..makes me believe, writers are just really messing with us and its all kayfabe. im not even a huge BC fan. and i prefer sarah over laurel. but it just seemed like the really left a "way out" in case they need to bring back laurel.

oh and if there are these "BC sightings" with "other people taking up the mantle"; sure hope it doesnt turn out to be Diggle or Nyssa becoming BC in honor of laurel and that Canary is a symbol or something to that effect.
    If John Diggle is going to run around in a Black Canary outfit, I am sorry but I am going to laugh my ... butt ... off.

Nyssa might be interesting considering the actress and potential husband / wife storylines.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Amazing Member

Please stop putting spoilers in the headlines. I don't want to read the synopsis for a future episode, and I definitely don't need to know what's in the synopsis even when I *don't* read the article.

Seemed painfully obvious to me they are setting up the return of an Ollie - Lauren romance upon her rebirth.

Amazing Member

stopped watching now

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mork74 View Post
    stopped watching now
    Why? What is causing you to stop watching?

Quote Originally Posted by daisetsu100 View Post
    i kept thinking that screen cut where something happens, and suddenly she's dying... and earlier this season oliver had a a magic trick that made that russian girl "dead"
    I had the same thought - that Laurel for some reason decided she needed to fake her death to do ... something? Likely to go underground, ditch her life as DA, and take out Dahrk? I dunno, but whatever it is Ollie was helping her do it.

One stumbling block is that Ollie would be lying to Diggle and his sister and Captain Lance and Felicity to make this work and basically crushing them to help her do this. Which is believable, because Ollie is a horrible human being and so he might not even realize what he's doing - especially to Captain Lance who believes he has just lost his second daughter to the masked vigilante life. But it also requires Laurel to do that to her father as well, and that's just crummy. Last season she was so worried about her dad's heart that she wouldn't tell him about Sarah's death and this year she's going to risk giving him a heart attack by faking her own death? If that ends up being the story I'm going to roll my eyes at the writers pretty hard. (I thought for a moment the other night that they were going to have Captain Lance have a heart attack right there in the hallway - the way he collapsed I was wondering if it was coming.)

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Bringing back a character we thought was dead is a slap in the face to all comics continuity and the existence of Black Canary.

No character would ever be thought dead and show up later, alive, in a real Green Arrow story.
    Last edited by t hedge coke; 04-08-2016 at 05:32 AM.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Why? What is causing you to stop watching?
    just bored of the show now, stories dragging, bad acting, bad fighting scenes and stupid laurel with an ill fitting mask and silly shrill

i just dont think im up for this soap no more

Thank you so much. Now I need to get the image of John Diggle fighting crime in BC's traditional outfit out of my head. Where'd I put the steel wool???

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'll be nice to see Nyssa again at least, even if it's not under the best of circumstances...

I wonder what these Black Canary sightings might mean? Especially given Guggenheim's confirmed Laurel's really dead. I wonder if people are taking up the identity the same way Laurel took up Sara's identity?
    You don't think one might have something to do with the other?