Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The group of books it's grouped with might indicate that this is worth checking out. But it seems the least interesting out of the Young Animal line. I mean, yet another vigilante in Gotham?

Why not set her in Metropolis or Coast City or something? Anywhere that isn't already swimming with too many capes?
    But if setting it in Gotham City (a miserable, dark city) gets more people to give it a try because that city is Batman's home turf, . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But if setting it in Gotham City (a miserable, dark city) gets more people to give it a try because that city is Batman's home turf, . . .
    Your right that being in Gotham will probably help it sales at least initially and that at least this character does seem different to the rest, I still think there are getting to be too many heroes in Gotham especially since a lot of them use the exact same tools/power set. Still I will give this title a go!

BANNED

Sounds like a Domino Lady Pulp style tale.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vericc View Post
    Your right that being in Gotham will probably help it sales at least initially and that at least this character does seem different to the rest, I still think there are getting to be too many heroes in Gotham especially since a lot of them use the exact same tools/power set. Still I will give this title a go!
    I agree.

This is why I wish there was an Arkham City as Gotham's sister city (and maybe also Metropolis...depending on it's current geographical location). Unwanted Bat-characters could be sent here until their company was desired again. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Here's the page:

Attachment 38599

I have to say, that Powers and Weapons section isn't doing anything to ease my worry that this is just going to be a book about Violet showing up all of Gotham.
    hm? Is like... Iron Man..

is a woman? OK.. Iron woman...

AND... YES, GOTHAM NO NEED MORE HEROES... JUST LOOK THE LAST CHAPTER BATMAN ETERNAL, EVEN WE HAVE ENOUGH WOMEN..

N52 ONLY HAD TO ADD BATWING AND ENOUGH.

Now Duke will appear in more books than Tim Drake, in Batman and all star batman... But, I will see the first chapter of mother panic...
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-05-2016 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Sounds like a Domino Lady Pulp style tale.
    I thought Domino Lady was more of the idle debutante in evening gown and mask with guns character, while Mother Panic may be a bit more than that in terms of messed up family background as well as possible extra-abilities.

I'm actually really excited not just for Mother Panic for most of the Young Animal line, it reminds me of a really crazy continuation of the DCyou titles.

I'm interested to see what Houser will do with this after her work on the Faith series that I really enjoyed, and how it will possibly interact with the other Batfamily titles.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Meet Violet Paige, a celebrity heiress by day and brutal mobster by night as she takes on Gotham City’s vigilantes. Hitting shelves in November, the series is written by Gerard Way and Jody Houser with art by Tommy Lee Edwards:
    Would prefer this, like a female Penguin or Black Mask. Less "heroes" and more villains I say.

BANNED

I have had a change of heart after reading the ashcan edition. I am going to check out aLL OF THOSE BOOKS. EVEN DOOM PATROL.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    I have had a change of heart after reading the ashcan edition. I am going to check out aLL OF THOSE BOOKS. EVEN DOOM PATROL.
    I'm glad it was that good!

Care to share?

Found this while looking through Tommy Lee Edwards's Twitter:

MsKane.jpg

Interesting...
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)