Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Spider-Man (Peter Parker) Appreciation Thread

This section of the board needs one for its namesake. Let's celebrate!

BANNED

....Isn't this whole forum basically a Peter Parker Appreciation Thread?

And this is just so it doesn't seem I just came in here to nag
    Last edited by Trident; 08-27-2014 at 06:49 AM.

I know it's kinda geeky but when I was young I always thought Spideys outfit was red and blue, finding out later on it was originally black (blue highlights/definition) and red but over the years changing to blue and red makes him seem like a more organic character to me.... I can imagine off panel Peter running to the local material shop and sometimes only finding black spandex and sometimes only finding blue but running with it even occasionally experimenting with the spider design motif just out of curiosity and even deciding one suit looked better without the under arm webbs. It would be cool to see Peter with a bunch of his Spidey suits of varying colour folded up in the hidey spot along with the occasional all black one.

BANNED

My favorite current art of Spidey

BANNED

He needs more respect from heroes. He's still treated like a rookie or a water boy after all these years. Heck maybe some time in space with gotg or nova corps will raise he mettle amongst the Avengers especially the new avengers.

BANNED

I prefer Spidey's time with the Fantastic Four team ups than with the Avengers or any other heroes. Seems like the same story is played out with Spidey teaming up with other heroes. Hero A see's spidey an utter joke, part of issue makes them see their more to Spider-man rinse and repeat. Personally I'll take more Spidey and Fantastic Four please.

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    I prefer Spidey's time with the Fantastic Four team ups than with the Avengers or any other heroes. Seems like the same story is played out with Spidey teaming up with other heroes. Hero A see's spidey an utter joke, part of issue makes them see their more to Spider-man rinse and repeat. Personally I'll take more Spidey and Fantastic Four please.
    Personally I felt old web-head was more in line with the X-men due to their misunderstood status.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

First comics I ever read where Spider-Man comics. If it weren't for him I probably would never have read any comics at all.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    First comics I ever read where Spider-Man comics. If it weren't for him I probably would never have read any comics at all.
    Ditto John, same here, i think he needs a bit more respect, he has been doing it for 13 years he is no longer a rookie or a joke in my eyes.
    Truth is the best policy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    Personally I felt old web-head was more in line with the X-men due to their misunderstood status.
    Perhaps, but to me he has had very little in connection with the individual members outside of just Wolverine. With the FF he has an outstanding standing with each member.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Perhaps, but to me he has had very little in connection with the individual members outside of just Wolverine. With the FF he has an outstanding standing with each member.
    Well he always got along pretty well with Beast and Iceman.

Plus X-Man was his buddy for about five minutes.
    Last edited by Beacon; 08-27-2014 at 06:46 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    Well he always got along pretty well with Beast and Iceman.

Plus X-Man was his buddy from about five minutes.
    Really you hardly ever see Spidey talking to the X-men outside of Wolverine.
    As to X-man he was friends with everyone and now Hope took that away from him
    now he's just in the B-C list characters of forgotten.

Fantastic Member

These days you hardly see Spider-Man with ANY other heroes outside the Avengers. The last Marvel Team-Up type of series was even called “AVENGING Spider-Man”. It’s a shame too, I always preferred a team up with the Human Torch (or the F4 in general) or Daredevil over Wolverine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    These days you hardly see Spider-Man with ANY other heroes outside the Avengers. The last Marvel Team-Up type of series was even called “AVENGING Spider-Man”. It’s a shame too, I always preferred a team up with the Human Torch (or the F4 in general) or Daredevil over Wolverine.
    I never liked Wolverine suddenly being buddies with every hero of Marvel. Too me the only people he was closely in contact with were the X-men, everyone else he was just an jerk. It fit his character much better back than.