Super Moderator

Default Jason Momoa Compares "Aquaman" To "Iron Man," Responds To "BvS" Critics

Momoa says "Aquaman" features "something that hasn't been explored before" and that he "had a ball" on the "Batman v Superman" set.

Full article here.

All-New Member

Say what you will about the DCCU, but you have to admit that these actors are super supportive, and everyone of them are excited for their character as apposed to just being in a super hero movie. I think Momoa will knock it out of the park, and become a breakout character in JL like Wonder Woman was for BvS. Good luck DC, I'll be rooting for you!

Spectacular Member BertoFlyingFox's Avatar

That's a great way to look at it. Looking forward to seeing what kind of Aquaman ends up on screen.

Im all in for a polynesian superhero. Well hes atlantian but you get what im saying. Plus the guy seems to be having a blast so hopefully that energy translates to film.

BANNED

Still can't say I'm sold on Aquaman or Mamoa, but he does have the right attitude when it comes to responding to critics, which is, basically, don't.

Incredible Member

I've seen BvS twice. The first time I thought Aquaman looked amazing and the best of all the JLAers, but at the same time I was thinking "Well that's not the armor we were shown before, that looks more like his comic book costume." It was only upon a second viewing that I realized, "Wait a second, that's not a shirt, that's all tattoos!" How to take a fairly goofy comic book look and make it badass? Tattoo it on to his body! Looking forward to Momoa's full performance in Justice League and in his own movie.

Spectacular Member

Yeah I think Momoa is gonna be awesome. Seems like every other character we've seen in the DCCU will be better than Batman and Superman. Can't wait.

great attitude from mamoa here - and pretty much the attitude everyone involved in these films has had so far. they all sound very grateful and very excited for the work. and extremely dedicated to the fans. my support for aquaman just went up by a lot.

BANNED

Think he has the right attitude.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by caleb.superboy View Post
    Yeah I think Momoa is gonna be awesome. Seems like every other character we've seen in the DCCU will be better than Batman and Superman. Can't wait.
    Well I don't know about that, Affleck's Batman is pretty great. Can't wait to see the two of them interact though.

I agree with Roman Reigns there, there's people that's gonna like you or hate you no matter what.

BANNED

I think the audience has an appetite for something other than Batman and Superman so Aquaman's time has finally arrived.

BANNED

This just endears me more to Momoa. I first became aware of him w/GoT, and upon learning of his casting as DC's Aquaman, became even more intrigued. So I was interested in & sought out some of his other work, when I came across:

... which I found on Netflix. It's pretty darn good, and I discovered that he does have A LOT of presence on-screen, and is VERY compelling to watch. The more I see & hear of this guy, the more I like, and I'm sure his take on Arthur Curry will continue that trend... and raise it to all-new heights!

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

I remember him as Conan in the big screen remake a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    I remember him as Conan in the big screen remake a few years back.
    Other then a corny cameo in The johnson family vacation, Conan is worse thing hes done but its still better then the rock in scorpion king. And if he follows that trajectory he will have a nice career.