Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Squadron Supreme

Having read the first batch of issues, i am really enjoying this series. Robinson has a lot of knowledge of the MU, and it's nice to see him using that information for this niche project.

It can be a bit exposition-y at times, but Kirk's art keeps me entertained.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this series so far?

I'm really digging it so far! The first issue was a little rocky, but it's gotten better as it's progressed, and I enjoy the high concept of the series a lot. That Robinson has still be able to keep the oddball alternate universe heart of the team intact is such a great nod to the Squadron's origins too, and reaching back to get deep-cuts like Thundra or Skull the Slayer back into the mix slays me, pun absolutely intended. I'm very glad the book isn't as grim as I'd feared, and that the characters aren't getting the short shrift, which can so easily happen in a team book which also requires gallons of exposition. It's at the top of my reading list each week when it comes out, so I figure that's the best endorsement I can give it!

Intriguing idea with garbage writing
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by TimCBrowne View Post
    I'm really digging it so far! The first issue was a little rocky, but it's gotten better as it's progressed, and I enjoy the high concept of the series a lot. That Robinson has still be able to keep the oddball alternate universe heart of the team intact is such a great nod to the Squadron's origins too, and reaching back to get deep-cuts like Thundra or Skull the Slayer back into the mix slays me, pun absolutely intended. I'm very glad the book isn't as grim as I'd feared, and that the characters aren't getting the short shrift, which can so easily happen in a team book which also requires gallons of exposition. It's at the top of my reading list each week when it comes out, so I figure that's the best endorsement I can give it!
    That is very well put. You should sell comics for a living . I take it you've read previous incarnations of the book?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Intriguing idea with garbage writing
    I think the most informed names and companies in the business might disagree . I do, too. But each to their own ^^!

Couldn't overlook the problems I had with the first issue, which by looking at my avi, should be obvious. Never looked back since. I heard its improved, but that's nowhere near enough to wash the bad taste from my mouth.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Based upon your avatar, I think that's fair XD! I know that if someone killed Longshot or Madrox, I would struggle to buy that book as it would just be a constant reminder, quality of work aside.

I really like your pull list, by the way.
    Last edited by Adam; 04-08-2016 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I really like you pull list, by the way.
    Thanks! I try.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

After a somewhat uneven start, I think the first story arc finished off reasonably well. Not great, but overall it was fun.

I still think the first issue somewhat taints my view of the Squadron overall as human beings... but I don't need to necessarily like them as people to enjoy their story.

I suspect that uneasy feeling was intended. After all, you don't have your leading characters kill one of the oldest marvel heroes for giggles. ^^

Don't forget, they're not Avengers (love that premise)!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I suspect that uneasy feeling was intended. After all, you don't have your leading characters kill one of the oldest marvel heroes for giggles. ^^

Don't forget, they're not Avengers (love that premise)!
    I get that they're not Avengers... but Hyperion was and I honestly was a little surprised he went along with what happened. Heck, he's the one almost entirely responsible for it. So I guess it just takes a little bit of tme to get used to the idea that this Hyperion is kind of a monster.

But again, my personal feelings for their actions and what sort of people they are aside, I felt the story ended up being fun and that's what matters.

Nobody is based out of Detroit yet. I'm ticked.

would to see CLEA on this team as a magic user and the character NUKE would be a great addition as well.

I'm enjoying it, particularly since Robinson's picking up dangling plots from his All-New Invaders series I enjoyed.
    I surrender to the Contest

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Dropped it after Robinson trashed Namor and the Atlanteans just to establish the team's cred.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?