Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    What i like about this book? I like it because it feels like Justice League but the focus is on every member of the team not just 2/3.

Nighthawk fascinates me the most and the mystery he is investigating is a continuation of what i have already read in All New Invaders - I kind of feel compelled to find out where Robinson is going with this story. I love how shamelessly he is a batman analogue too. The names that are synonymous with the Batman franchise seem to be used a lot in his story lines which makes me smile a lot. He just acquired a company called Oracle Inc. and he even recently changed his name from Kyle Richmond to Raymond Kane.

Warrior Woman is another interesting character that i'm anticipating to know more of and i like that Robinson is planning to make her into a bigger villain in MU.

This is only current team book that i'm actually enjoying every character in the team.

Robinson's writing has made me care about all the characters in Squadron Supreme. I really don't care that they cross the line by killing their foes and now that they have just announced the "Finding Namor" arc, which i'm looking forward to, i'm glad I didn't let it stop me from reading this book. The little hints he has dropped about each character is enough to peak my interest to pull this book.
    Thanks so much for the reply N'Dare.

I'm a fellow appreciator of the SS and genuinely hope that Robinson brings things together nicely as we move into the Finding Namor arc.

If Robinson gets to really explore threads left over from the Invaders book, I'll be very happy.

I'm hoping that we see a little bit more of Doctor Spectrum's original universe, where a futuristic Ancient Egyptian culture offshoot seemed to be the main culture on earth. I'm normally not big on extended flashbacks, but in this case, it could be okay for an issue or so. I think the artwork opportunities alone on "Ancient Egypt that never fell and advanced past us technologically" could make that worthwhile. The end of issue #5 kind of hinted that we might get some of that.

I don't think they need to overdo where we're spending like five issues on each of these people's old worlds and personal histories, that would be overkill and probably doom the series. But we could do one issue where they do a little from each character's past, or just a Doctor Spectrum issue, and then go forward. It's important to mostly go forward with the present day narrative, to me, but I just want to see someone draw like a high-tech Pharoah throne room or pyramid or city streets or something. It could get old fast if they over do it, but one visit there couldn't hurt. Or, hey, they could find a different alternate universe almost exactly like Doctor Spectrum's original, and she has to choose between staying there or coming back to her new stranger home (to her) on Earth 616 with the rest of her squad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    I'm hoping that we see a little bit more of Doctor Spectrum's original universe, where a futuristic Ancient Egyptian culture offshoot seemed to be the main culture on earth. I'm normally not big on extended flashbacks, but in this case, it could be okay for an issue or so. I think the artwork opportunities alone on "Ancient Egypt that never fell and advanced past us technologically" could make that worthwhile. The end of issue #5 kind of hinted that we might get some of that.

I don't think they need to overdo where we're spending like five issues on each of these people's old worlds and personal histories, that would be overkill and probably doom the series. But we could do one issue where they do a little from each character's past, or just a Doctor Spectrum issue, and then go forward. It's important to mostly go forward with the present day narrative, to me, but I just want to see someone draw like a high-tech Pharoah throne room or pyramid or city streets or something. It could get old fast if they over do it, but one visit there couldn't hurt. Or, hey, they could find a different alternate universe almost exactly like Doctor Spectrum's original, and she has to choose between staying there or coming back to her new stranger home (to her) on Earth 616 with the rest of her squad.
    I having way too much fun reading your posts.

If the SS stories turn out to be even half as interesting as your ideas, the book will definitely be a must read.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I having way too much fun reading your posts.

If the SS stories turn out to be even half as interesting as your ideas, the book will definitely be a must read.
    Thanks.

I feel like DC Comics is sort of moving away from what I'm interested in, and Marvel seems to have my back with these new books that appeal to me a lot more than I thought they would, or than their books traditionally have. Plus, I found at least one good independent book that I like.

So, it's good. So often in life, something one likes in one's life just disappears, and not only can you not go home again, there's not even a ready similar replacement. Here, I'm actually starting to feel like, hey, I've got things to hang my hat on again, from surprising places, and they're good stories and not stuff I'm just settling for.

I even subscribed to Nighthawk's solo title in advance on Comixology. So, I'm ready to go.

It's like, and I'm sure better looking folks (Sadly, I am not in that group of elite meta-humans ) get this all the time, when your girlfriend dumps you. To me, it's easier if you have another relationship to move on to when that happens. Sure, no two people are the same, and you'll miss some things about your first girlfriend, but you've got a good new girlfriend to learn to appreciate the unique things about. It doesn't work out that way for everyone- I've rarely had that circumstance, and to be honest gave up on dating years ago, pretty much (Wasn't exactly in high demand from people I liked)- but in theory, I think it would have eased a lot of transitions if I could have just gone from one to the next when they were through with me. It's that middle period that's really tough- between one thing and without another.

Same goes for everything from a family pet to a favorite television show. It's a lot easier for me if I get the new puppy pretty quickly, or find another show I like pretty quickly than to not only be like "Hey, I miss my dog" or "Hey, I miss my show", but to also have a total void where those things were- it's better to say "Well, I miss my old dog and my old show, but at least I have a new dog and a new show that I enjoy for some of the same reasons, and for some different reasons, that fills part of those roles in my life". Whatever it is, it's nice to be able to keep moving, you know? It's not best *for everyone*, but it's kind of how I wish life functioned more often for me personally.

And, hey, comics wise, if I can find some small corner of the DC Comics universe that still appeals to me post-Rebirth, I can still explore that. It's just comics, it's totally non-exclusive.
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 04-19-2016 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I think it would be better if the first arc ended with them killing Namor, and the previous issues about the Squadron Supreme working in the shadows leading up to them attacking Atlantis.
    IMO that would've been so much better

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    What was it about the book that you like particularly?

I as because I'm still somwhat on the fence about how I feel even though I actually have an interest in the main characters.
    sorry to butt in but the current Hitch JL arc is taking way too long to finish.
    the story is alright but we're 7 issues in already (taking away the 1 issue he didnt write)
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    What i like about this book? I like it because it feels like Justice League but the focus is on every member of the team not just 2/3.

Nighthawk fascinates me the most and the mystery he is investigating is a continuation of what i have already read in All New Invaders - I kind of feel compelled to find out where Robinson is going with this story. I love how shamelessly he is a batman analogue too. The names that are synonymous with the Batman franchise seem to be used a lot in his story lines which makes me smile a lot. He just acquired a company called Oracle Inc. and he even recently changed his name from Kyle Richmond to Raymond Kane.

Warrior Woman is another interesting character that i'm anticipating to know more of and i like that Robinson is planning to make her into a bigger villain in MU.

This is only current team book that i'm actually enjoying every character in the team.

Robinson's writing has made me care about all the characters in Squadron Supreme. I really don't care that they cross the line by killing their foes and now that they have just announced the "Finding Namor" arc, which i'm looking forward to, i'm glad I didn't let it stop me from reading this book. The little hints he has dropped about each character is enough to peak my interest to pull this book.
    I think he's done a pretty cool job with Nighthawk and an okay with Hyperion and Warrior Woman.

But I don't think he's done a particularly good job making Blurr or Spectrum all that interesting. I think they just seem kinda there to an extent. Just my opinon of course. I think he needs to work on them a bit more moving foreward.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think he's done a pretty cool job with Nighthawk and an okay with Hyperion and Warrior Woman.

But I don't think he's done a particularly good job making Blurr or Spectrum all that interesting. I think they just seem kinda there to an extent. Just my opinon of course. I think he needs to work on them a bit more moving foreward.
    With Blur maybe. But Doc Spectrum arc have been one that i liked a lot even if it wasn't on focus. And starting next issue is gonna be the focus.
    Everything Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    With Blur maybe. But Doc Spectrum arc have been one that i liked a lot even if it wasn't on focus. And starting next issue is gonna be the focus.
    Yeah, it does seem like they're already giving Spectrum more focus, which is good. Nighthawk and Hyperion have their own solo books anyways, so giving the other cast members a bit more love in the team book is probably a good idea.