Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Batman v Superman's" Zack Snyder Describes Scene He Cut for Being Too Dark

The "Man of Steel" director explained that he cut the scene because it "represented this dark side" of the film.

Full article here.

I would have liked that scene. Shows Superman has the weight of the world on his shoulders. There so many people to save and he cant save them all. Woulda helped the whiney emo Supes they went for. Further cement that hes in a no win position but he keeps on trying.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I think the haters (a.k.a. most viewers) would've just interpreted that scene as more selfish/emo angst from the poor guy...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

All-New Member

That would have addressed one of my complaints about the film. That Superman can find Lois half way around the world, but can't find his mom in Metropolis or Gotham.

Amazing Member

But...if he can hear Lois Lane half way across the world, shouldn't he be able to find his mom. Does he have ADHD? I mean he saves Lois three separate times, was there no crime going on then?

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I think the haters (a.k.a. most viewers) would've just interpreted that scene as more selfish/emo angst from the poor guy...
    No, it would have addressed that he can find Lois, but not his mom.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    If you are looking for your mother, then it makes sense that you would tune out everything else. This "cut scene" just goes to show how thin a grasp on GOOD film making Snyder has. He leaves in stupid **** that doesn't mean anything to anyone other than himself (like shooting Jimmy Olsen in the head) and cuts out things that would have made that part of the movie make sense. Warners... Get rid of him quickly before he makes the franchise unwatchable (or more unwatchable).

Spectacular Member

Yeah that adds nothing to that jumble of a movie for me.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by caleb.superboy View Post
    Yeah that adds nothing to that jumble of a movie for me.
    It would make an already murky and incoherent movie even more murky and incoherent. The more I think about it was studio mandates/interference or Snyder that caused this movie to be such a mess? Given that Batman vs Superman is the first time they're in the same movie together, this movie should already be at or above a billion especially with minimal competition.

Or maybe he could find Lois because he knew Lois would be in the middle east? But didn't know where his Mom would be.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mundungus View Post
    Or maybe he could find Lois because he knew Lois would be in the middle east? But didn't know where his Mom would be.
    Well, he could be reasonably sure she would be in Metropolis or Gotham. In these movies Superman's powers are as godlike or not as needed to be for the plot. He is an alien being with godlike powers who can save Lois from danger wherever and whenever she needs it, but can't use his x-ray vision or super hearing to find his mommy in the same city he is already in. And while it takes Batman the entire film to figure out the person he's looking for is actually a boat, he manages to find Martha Kent in about five minutes. More nonsense from Snyder. He really should stop talking about the film, he truly does make it worse every time he opens his mouth.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Funny, they did almost this exact scene in Superman Returns, where he's floating in space listening to everything happening down on Earth.

Doesn't seem terribly dark to me. it just shows how much burden/responsibility Superman has on his shoulders, and the fact that he carries it despite the personal sacrifices he has to make shows Superman's strength as a character.

Of course, since Snyder clearly doesn't understand Superman's character, that concept is probably completely over his head.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Astonishing Member

I actually don't like these little interviews about what could have been/will be in the final cut of the movie. It doesn't fix what I found absolutely wrong in the first place, it only serves to highlight the faults so much more than in the beginning. I won't be assuaged by the extended R-rated cut. This movie should have been perfect right out of the gate so we wouldn't need post screening interviews with additional information to make sense what we saw. I have seen extended cuts of several movies but it's always the theater run that comes to mind when I think about these movies. Plus I see these type of interviews as poor PR tools in trying to justify a poor product, I'm not impressed.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I actually don't like these little interviews about what could have been/will be in the final cut of the movie. It doesn't fix what I found absolutely wrong in the first place, it only serves to highlight the faults so much more than in the beginning. I won't be assuaged by the extended R-rated cut. This movie should have been perfect right out of the gate so we wouldn't need post screening interviews with additional information to make sense what we saw. I have seen extended cuts of several movies but it's always the theater run that comes to mind when I think about these movies. Plus I see these type of interviews as poor PR tools in trying to justify a poor product, I'm not impressed.
    Agreed. It just seems like damage control. It just feels like Snyder is begging and pleading for people to buy the Director's Cut, as if his continued work in the DCEU depends on it.

Seems a little desperate.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Hope to see that scene in the director's cut. The whole movie had plenty of those type of moments already, though. We get it, Superman has alot on his plate!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.