Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
Wow, the level of bitterness here is surprising. So, let me see. When Superman first died and we had robo Superman, Kon, and Steel running around pushing the story forward, that was a-okay. When we had Roy taking the lead for some time and Conner Queen as Arsenal and Green Arrow, totally fine. We can have Damian playing a huge role in telling a complicated story over in batman and have several team books, and yet here, when a new character that could become just as popular as Kon and probably could be as popular as Damian, is automatically cut off at the legs because the writer decided, hey let's try to tell the story from what it was like for a very young superman to be discovering his powers in the main line rather then you know, redo yet another version of Clark gaining powers. This is something we haven't seen in a while, and the last time it was with Kon who was a lot older then Jon. Also, he's part human, what level does his powers go up to, and how does he react to things. Does Kryptonite even effect him? What happens under a red sun, etc.

I get that people are disappointed in this change, but why not give it a chance? We're not even able to see in full writing what happens and between now and the date of the comic things might change up some.
A good chunk of this bitterness would subside if Jon turned out to be the son of Superman and Wonder Woman when you get down to it,I didn't see anywhere near this level of bitterness towards that Wonderstar character that turned out to be Magog all along,it's no secret why. Looking at these boards I often think Superman should stick with just a Superman book because his own fans want to tear down his world. There's no point in having an extended family/line of books if haters are just going dismiss them. DC makes it worse by having different versions of the same characters in their attempts to please the haters.
Whatever Supes they use post Rebirth I hope they stick with him,dont change the character to satisfy the fantasies of shippers and insecure fans,give a balanced and well rounded take on Superman that incorporates the best of his character from the decades of history.