Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Default Action Comics 957 Preview.

Newsarama has put up a letterless preview of Action 957.

http://www.newsarama.com/29180-dc-re...ex-luthor.html

Decent art. Looking forward to the full issue.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

That cop... Is that Sawyer.....? Someone new?

So.... SuperLex or IronLex? Iron Capitalist?
    Sweet-looking armor, though.
    Would be hilarious if the Horcruxes theory was true. Lex developing a "conscience" and acting as a Steel-analogue in D&R redux-slash-rehash. And SuperDad being confused.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I still am not sure about the stiff art direction, but this is the best I've ever seen from Zircher.

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    That cop... Is that Sawyer.....? Someone new?
    Oh man, I really hope this is her. It was a real bummer when they made her a Bat supporting character. Always enjoyed her character. Here's hoping others like Dan Turpin and Emil Hamilton will show up as well. I remember Hamilton was mentioned during Greg Pak's early Batman/Superman run.

With the good that would put Lex as superman .. to confuse everyone.

but no .. they had to put a character who quickly exchange that ..

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeUsername View Post
    Oh man, I really hope this is her. It was a real bummer when they made her a Bat supporting character. Always enjoyed her character. Here's hoping others like Dan Turpin and Emil Hamilton will show up as well. I remember Hamilton was mentioned during Greg Pak's early Batman/Superman run.
    Yeah, I want her here too. Gotham already has Renee and Metropolis needs as many people with names as it can get.

Astonishing Member

I usually hate power armor lex but I like that suit design.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    So.... SuperLex or IronLex? Iron Capitalist?
    Sweet-looking armor, though.
    Would be hilarious if the Horcruxes theory was true. Lex developing a "conscience" and acting as a Steel-analogue in D&R redux-slash-rehash. And SuperDad being confused.
    You know, when you put it like that... it's fairly obvious that this is indeed a riff on D & R, with a little bit of All-Star sprinkled in for good measure, in time for some synergy with BvS.

So... let's see... the erzats Supermen in the original:

Steel (The Man of Steel)
    Cyborg Superman
    Superboy
    Eradicator (Last Son of Krypton)

The new erzats Supermen:

Lex Luthor (Man of Steel??)
    New Super-Man (Superboy? Kind of... Created through experiment, full of himself)
    Superdad (Last... Son of Krypton?)
    Superwoman (Steel?)

Interesting... there's a fairly good mirroring here, it's just a bit hidden, under the surface. Clever and all, by DC.

Still...

I'd rather they didn't do this story again - not really a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Newsarama has put up a letterless preview of Action 957.

http://www.newsarama.com/29180-dc-re...ex-luthor.html

Decent art. Looking forward to the full issue.
    I'm against all this Rebirth stuff, but I have to hand it to them, that is a good series of pages. Nice artwork, looks like a classic Superman stories with a reporter and Jimmy as a photographer, a bank robbery with armored bad guys, and Superman to the rescue letting bullet bounce off him and flying out with bad guys in tow, except... Superman is... Lex Luthor, which is kind of a cool swerve, because you know *that* will be temporary. And everybody in the preview is from our universe.

The problem comes in that the real Superman from this universe appears like he is dead or otherwise off the books permanently (Unless sales tank), and I've put a lot into those stories. And his replacement, a Superman (Who was Clark Kent in his universe) from another universe who's main purpose seems to be to promote his ten year old Superhero Son, is not appealing to me at all. If that issue leads to a conflict between Lex Luthor's Superman and Jon White's Superman, I'm rooting for the Lex Luthor version.

I'm taking this issue by issue and don't know what I'm buying or not buying yet (I used to subscribe in the new52 era), but I will say that the early Action Comics solicitations and now preview look more up my alley than the Superman title. AC seems like more Superman type stuff and less "How to raise a 10 year old Superhero who is better than you in every way" than the actual Superman title's solicitations. Maybe I'll just get AC and not Superman. I think that'd be the way I'd lean at this second if I were going to pick one of the two titles- and it's not about the authors, it's about what I am seeing of the summaries of the story lines and stuff in the solicitations that are going out to retailers.

The first three issues of Action Comics after Rebirth seem to be more about PF Superman (Wrong version, but an adult Superman, at least), Lex Luthor, Doomsday, the Daily Planet, and a mysterious Clark Kent, with only the third issue's solicitation mentioning Jon, and it saying that Lois is trying to keep him away from danger (Which is what you should be doing with a child, not sending him out to fight), whereas the early Superman title has solicitations that seems parenting and 10-year old Superhero centric, and only mention anything else at all in like the third issue when the Eradicator comes up, and even that turns out to a bummer for those of us who don't like Jon, because it sounds like they plan to have Superman lose and retreat, and a 10 year old save the day, which I highly doubt I would buy.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    You know, when you put it like that... it's fairly obvious that this is indeed a riff on D & R, with a little bit of All-Star sprinkled in for good measure, in time for some synergy with BvS.

Steel (The Man of Steel)
    Cyborg Superman
    Superboy

The new erzats Supermen:

New Super-Man (Superboy? Kind of... Created through experiment, full of himself)
    Superwoman (Steel?)

Interesting... there's a fairly good mirroring here, it's just a bit hidden, under the surface. Clever and all, by DC.

Still...

I don't think SuperDad is the LSOK-analogue. They already have a Eradicator (Complete with visor). It's in the future solicits of the Superman (I believe).
    I have a guess.
    I am going off on someone else's description of the original Eradicator's role in reviving SuperDad - Carrying SuperDad's body to his fortress to a regeneration chamber for him to leech off power from SuperDad in the original. (Is this correct?)
    If it's correct, New-52 Eradicator might get more powerful than the original one. He'll be leeching off the bad energies and stuff from New-52 Superman (Fire Pits energy, K-energy) in addition to the recovering energies. This happens after New-52 Eradicator gets his butt kicked by Jon, an event forcing him to do what I wrote earlier. This ends up healing New-52 Supes.
    The powered up New-52 Eradicator might continue to find and fight all of the other Supermen - SuperDad, SuperLex, Super-Man, SuperJon.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

For Reign of the Supermen parallels, I think it goes

Superdad = Eradicator (fellow Kryptonian being that looks like Superman)
    New Super Man = Superboy (hotheaded young guy created in a lab)
    Superwoman = Steel (clearly not and doesn't claim to be Superman, but carrying on his legacy)
    Lex = Cyborg (monster in metal claiming to be the one true carrier of Superman's legacy but is in fact a villain)

Of course, given that some variant or another on each of the original four 'supermen' is running around now too, we can probably expect to see them as well.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    I'm rooting for the Lex Luthor version.
    the same I say. I support luthor.. I remember that talk of Luthor as the man who won Superman ...

He fight against new52 superman(who is dying and weak) or win a battle against the old version?

Until new news SUPERCRAB, I not trust in AC in July ..

On the cover out Clark Kent in Superman arms.. That image has come out many times in DC Comics .. and the person in his arms was dead ..

Aboutthe boy.. I was never against him or against his family until this change .. A method of making enemies.. DC, Good Work, I've lost all interest in the old unique characters could remain living in this universe.

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    I don't think SuperDad is the LSOK-analogue. They already have a Eradicator (Complete with visor). It's in the future solicits of the Superman (I believe).
    I have a guess.
    I am going off on someone else's description of the original Eradicator's role in reviving SuperDad - Carrying SuperDad's body to his fortress to a regeneration chamber for him to leech off power from SuperDad in the original. (Is this correct?)
    If it's correct, New-52 Eradicator might get more powerful than the original one. He'll be leeching off the bad energies and stuff from New-52 Superman (Fire Pits energy, K-energy) in addition to the recovering energies. This happens after New-52 Eradicator gets his butt kicked by Jon, an event forcing him to do what I wrote earlier. This ends up healing New-52 Supes.
    The powered up New-52 Eradicator might continue to find and fight all of the other Supermen - SuperDad, SuperLex, Super-Man, SuperJon.
    If this story is repeated .. I'll be happy, superman will return. Although I doubt that I will follow... Only if things are arranged, with this cheaper.

I hope that the intention of rebirth do not be.. The death (start) and return of superman (end) ... 2 years it is too .. the fans suffer with 1 year of truth.

The truth was a disaster and continued until the end... DC. Do not make the same mistake.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-07-2016 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post

Steel (The Man of Steel)
    Cyborg Superman
    Superboy

The new erzats Supermen:

Superwoman (Steel?)

Still...

Don't think it'll be that by the numbers. Remember that Steel, Eradicator, and Cyborg Superman are around AND are going to be active in the super line. This might be a homage but they are definitely doing things different here and we might just get some curve balls as the writers intentionally diverge from the plot points of Reign.