Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

never mind.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 04-09-2016 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    you are way off here. First use the term friend zoned is pretty wrong, nobody owe other person sex.
    Friend zoned just implies that the other person has decided that you are a good platonic friend and doesn't usually think of you in a romantic or sexual way, and that in order for a sexual or romantic relationship to develop in the future, it would require that the person involved reassess things, sometimes proving a bigger barrier to such a relationship than one might have upon meeting someone for the first time having not yet been categorized.

For example, "I think of her as being like my sister", when said by a heterosexual male about a woman he is not related to, would typically mean he has at some level locked himself into a close but unromantic relationship with her. He might have deeper feelings for that woman in some ways than many of the women he dates, but could not consider dating her until something happened to change his mindset in terms of thinking of her in a way that precludes a romantic entanglement.

I didn't say or imply that anyone owed anyone else sex.

BANNED

Legacy is key with Rebirth,so we are getting legacy characters for superman,which equals jon.not to mention DC stumbled into a nicely done "son of superman" story with jon during Convergence,so when they got the chance to use it they jumped at it.

Superdad was my superman,and i liked his abilty to inspire and lead,but the nuSuperman has a much bettter fiery attitude and more imposing feel to him.

If i got to do "my" superman i would make his land and be birthed in 1938,let him age to his perfect prime adult form,then be pretty much immortal for the most part.fast forward to him in Metropolis and getting a job at the Planet,meeting lois,falling in love,epic battles and adventures.JSA and JLA look up to him.indont care if it is 100 years from now,make his birth 1938,give him a legendary long lived feeling.you can change his surroundings anytime,but he is the constant,and if you need lois,let her age and get old,then BAM throw her into ras al ghuls pit or give her superwoman powers to make her young again.if superman is the ultimate iconic superhero make it obvious,make him live through changes on earth and the universe,have him watch as new heroes and villians pop up.you dont have to make him grow in power either for this to work,he can be consistently powerful,even though it should be onvious he is the most powerful.

Kon got screwed,so i say STOP the screwjob and fix him,respect him for once and get him right.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    To me, the author of Action Comics is the guy giving the JON, JON, JON interview embedded into the first post of the thread. I mean, I read the AC solicits, and it's true that they seem focused more on Doomsday and Luthor, but the guy who's writing the actually books said Jon is a huge part of them. What more proof do you want? And of course the other line solicits are literally all about Jon-centric storylines. Those are the two main books.

As for Supergirl, Superwoman, and New Super-Man (Chinese guy)- they want more crossovers. That was stated. And I'm not that interested anyway. I'm still looking for Superman stories, with new52 Clark Kent. Or reboot the damn thing again. Maybe give JMS, the Superman: Earth One, guy, a monthly to unfold that character in an alternate universe. How about a 17+ rated Superman comic in it's own universe? How about just letting the new52 Superman do what he was doing instead of this step backwards?

Anyway, Jurgens is very clear that all of these characters will heavily crossover. You will see Supergirl and SuperJon and so on and so forth. And Kara is already a little on the young side for a book I want to follow anyway.

Superwoman we don't know as much about, but I'm skeptical.

The Chinese Super-Man is actually the most interesting of the bunch, but he's only 17, and I would imagine will be looking for guidance from SuperDad. Maybe he and SuperJon will train together.

I refuse to give any of this a chance if they won't give my Superman or some reasonable substitute for him a chance. I don't owe them anything. If I'm going to read it and just be all pissed off about it every month, why would I pay for it?

But I was a solid part of their core fan base a couple months ago, subbed to every Superman title.

So, you know, they are certainly alienating some people with this. Whether it'll be enough to force change, I don't know, I just know I refuse to go along with it. I'd rather do just about anything else with that money than support this.
    He didn't say they will be crossover heavy, in fact, he very clearly said that they will all do their own thing be there will be a consistency in characterization. What he said was that the family will interact in a positive way. That doesn't always mean crossover. Also, like I said, it won't all be about Jon. Didn't even talk about him that much. We have proof in the solicits. Jon is Clark's son, so he is important, but clearly he isn't dominating the stories.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It looks like that in the 1st Supersons' arc, Jon will be kicked in the ass by Damian: http://insidepulse.com/2016/03/31/dc...wn-of-justice/
    SuperCrab will be happy about it.

When Super league ends, so will my wallet. I'm done after that. This feels like a giant FU by DC. Well... F*ck you too, DC and Jurgens.

Hmm... maybe Damian could get into his father's kryptonite storage. Then when Superman gets into his real costume(So I'm dreaming) the Superman books would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    The growing hate for Jon, here, is like the hate for Damian that started a while back. If you listen to the interview, he's not shafting Superman for Jon. He's giving Superman a son cause DC clearly has plans for stories in that regard. The point of having a child in the story is to see how they grow to influence that future. A half Kryptonian/Half Human? The stories one could tell basically write themselves.

As for the other Supercast... New 52 Supes didn't have chemistry with them at all. Couldn't have a conversation with Kara without some form of hostility. If classic Superman can make the greater superfam work, more power to them. Again, we don't know what they're gonna do. The Trinity might be trickier but I guess that'll get to know one another in Super league but they might not even hit it off until that TRINITY book comes out in the fall.
    No, because for starters that's not his cousin and Wonder Woman and Batman have a relationship with another Superman...who is apparently dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    No, because for starters that's not his cousin and Wonder Woman and Batman have a relationship with another Superman...who is apparently dead.
    You can't really say how the relationship will go, though. You gotta wait and see what ends up getting written and the course of events.

You can't really say how the relationship will go, though. You gotta wait and see what ends up getting written and the course of events.
    That they will feel weird next to a guy that looks exactly like their probably dead friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    That they will feel weird next to a guy that looks exactly like their probably dead friend?
    They'll have known him before nuClark, supposedly, dies. But I'm sure the relationships won't be the same. We'll just have to see what happens.

They'll have known him before nuClark, supposedly, dies. But I'm sure the relationships won't be the same. We'll just have to see what happens.
    DC shoot themselves in the foot with this one.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Lois View Post
    That would be really interesting to read if he does indeed reply.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    What'd you ask? And yeah, curious to see if you get a response.
    No answer yet, not holding my breath really. What I asked:

1. It seems you're actually killing nu52 Supes off. WHY? What happens to fans of THAT SM version?
    2. Why was there a new52 if you were going to return to the post-COIE version of Superman anyway?

Fantastic Member

Sorry, vasir12, but the circumstances surrounding Jon are not even remotely comparable to those of Damian, and I loathe that character, though I have warmed to him slightly in recent years.

For starters, Dan Jurgens is in no way, shape or form Grant Morrison, who'd clearly earned the good will from the fans to justify the character's creation, which was aided by the popularity of Batman, something the Superman franchise does not have. So the possible implication that this will even come close to generating similar interest is flat out absurd.

Secondly, we've already had stories with a half-Kryptonian/half-human character in Kon-El.

DC can claim plans for this character all they want, but sales will dictate if they actually publish those plans in whatever form they're intended to take.
    Last edited by Will J.; 04-09-2016 at 06:44 PM.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I remember back in the day I'd roll my eyes at fans who said the best thing that could happen to Superman would be if Marvel ever got the rights to him. The day has finally come where I believe that to genuinely be true.
    Welcome to the club.