Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Götterdämmerung View Post
    I thought Ultron was great in the movie! No, it's not the Masterpiece stories like Bride of Ultron or the Armageddon-level superiority of the Busiek/Perez story. I really liked the voice actor in particular.
    thats James Spader dammit

you show some respect

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    I think AoU was a bit of a let-down because they didn't do Ultron true justice. It might have been better to have done a different story line, with little bits of Ultron in there as an operating system, and as perhaps robotic jailers for the super powered bad guys that the heroes capture, allow the audiences to see Ultron as an asset before he turns and becomes the villain. But too late.

Iron Man 3 was awesome, my only problem with it being that after giving Pepper those powers, they just kind of let the whole thing drop. I was hoping for Rescue. But maybe in Infinity War.

Marvel is definitely riding a high. Here's hoping that they continue to win at the box office. If Civil War's hype is any indication, it ain't gonna end here. Hell, maybe the tight ass academy will finally recognize a Super Hero film with Best Director or Best movie nods. I guy can dream, can't he? ;-)
    Those powers Pepper got were so cool! Then they implied they got rid of them... or maybe they didn't. They seem to want to ignore it, which sucks.

The Mandarin thing, Stark giving out his home address
    Or the bad guys could just look up where he lived in the phone book.

Those powers Pepper got were so cool! Then they implied they got rid of them... or maybe they didn't. They seem to want to ignore it, which sucks.
    This. Why would they get rid of her powers? HISHE even said it was dumb for her not to join the avengers with her new powers.

Back to the reactions most are good and tons of BVS slams! (ouch!)

Comicbookcast reads some of them.

BANNED

f**k HISHE

can't stand them

I hate that "we know better" BS they peddle in their passive aggressive "but we're just having fun" way

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Götterdämmerung View Post
    The Mandarin thing, Stark giving out his home address (did anyone at WB even attempt to squash that in pre-production?).

Actually, I'm with you on all of the above lol.

I still love that movie, in fact all the IM.
    I actually like IM3, it's IM2 that I have trouble stomaching for some reason.

BANNED

Most would agree IM2 isn't great

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    f**k HISHE

can't stand them

I hate that "we know better" BS they peddle in their passive aggressive "but we're just having fun" way
    You are taking them too seriously. While of lot of their endings are arbitrary opinions, they do sometimes make some very valid points about a movies ending. But it is THEIR OPINION, and not intended as "we know better" so much as "this is how we might have done it if we were in control" and "This is the funnier way to end the movie". Their videos are for entertainment, and to poke fun at movies, don't give them the satisfaction of hating them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I actually like IM3, it's IM2 that I have trouble stomaching for some reason.
    For all the faults of IM2, it did do one very awesome thing... the Suitcase Armor. So there is that.

BANNED

Definitely the Achilles' heel. But there was great stuff about that movie imo. I'm not sure why the producers didn't present Whiplash better, he's actually a pretty killer supervillain...just not in that movie.

It sucked. The ending was a huge anticlimactic letdown.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    The ending was a huge anticlimactic letdown.
    I actually missed it the first time, I asked my girl what ended up happening to Whiplash.

BANNED

For a while I liked Iron Man 2 more. I guess I just found it easier to watch without having to really get involved with what was going on. I agree that Iron Man was a better movie though. My favorite villain of the trilogy is going to be Killian. I was EXTREMELY disappointed with the story twist at first but I eventually got over it. I gave up on Marvel ever giving us a villain that doesn't belong on a Saturday morning cartoon show.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'm sure Marvel is very selective about pre-screening this movie. Every studio is. However, I sometimes wonder whether the critics aren't as harsh on Marvel films as they are with other films. I don't think Age of Ultron deserved the praise it got. I also don't think Iron Man 3 deserved the praise it got either. They were still solid movies, but I wouldn't put them above movies like Man of Steel. That said, they have every reason to be confident, given the winning streak they've had. They turned Ant-Man into a successful movie. That should tell us everything we need to know about Marvel's current level of confidence.
    Well, if the movie is fun, you end up overlocking its flaws.