Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default 75 Years of Batman! - what are your favorite memories of being a fan?

Happy 75th anniversary to the best comic book hero of all time. I've had many happy moments thanks to the creation of this character. The Batman TV show from the 1960s, Batman 1989, the excellent Batman: The Animated Series, Batman of the Future, Justice League, the Christopher Nolan Dark Knight trilogy...and not forgetting the comics! Let's celebrate 'em all!

75 Years of Batman

Astonishing Member

Great contributions ABH-1979. Cheers!

Forgot in my original post to bring up Batman: The Brave and the Bold and the Arkham games under Rocksteady.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 05-01-2014 at 11:20 AM.

Greatest superhero of all time. Happy 75th Mr. Wayne

These appreciation threads are getting out of hand...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    These appreciation threads are getting out of hand...
    You'll miss them when people are back to just complaining about and hating things.

Last edited by LoneNecromancer; 05-01-2014 at 02:29 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I have been a Batman fan for 46 years now and he has been my favorite for 40-something of those years. Must have inherited my love for the character from my father, who has been a Bats fan for at least 66 years himself.
    Last edited by The Darknight Detective; 05-01-2014 at 04:03 PM.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I have been a Batman fan for 46 years now and he has been my favorite for 40-something of those years. Must have inherited my love for the character from my father, who has been a Bats fan for at least 66 years himself.
    That's actually awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    That's actually awesome.
    When I was very little, my father would recap old comic book stories (Batman and Robin, Superman, Plastic Man, the Blackhawks, Captain Marvel, etc.) he remembered from his childhood. One of the great things as I started building up own collection years later was finding some of those old stories in reprints and how they correlated perfectly with my father's memories of them!

BANNED

When I was very little, my father would recap old comic book stories (Batman and Robin, Superman, Plastic Man, the Blackhawks, Captain Marvel, etc.) he remembered from his childhood. One of the great things as I started building up own collection years later was finding some of those old stories in reprints and how they correlated perfectly with my father's memories of them!
    ... I don't even know what to say, that's just cool.

(on a side note, now the forum's been rebooted you can delete double-posts, just go into edit)

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

That's a truly wonderful thing. My grandpa and dad got me interested in comics as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    That's a truly wonderful thing. My grandpa and dad got me interested in comics as well.
    It's nice when they do, don't they?

Like my father, my mother read comics as a child, too, though she wasn't into superhero titles. She was more into the Archie books, Little Lulu, Walt Disney, etc... Obviously, my grandparents didn't buy the nonsense over comic books being a bad influence on kids, either.

BANNED

Batman is the greatest hero ever now gratz

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

It's nice when they do, don't they?

Like my father, my mother read comics as a child, too, though she wasn't into superhero titles. She was more into the Archie books, Little Lulu, Walt Disney, etc... Obviously, my grandparents didn't buy the nonsense over comic books being a bad influence on kids, either.
    My mother was more into pulp mysteries herself and got me into those when I was a bit older though she did have a few Little Lulu and Archie comics around as well. One of my uncles, who I never had the pleasure of meeting as he died before I was born, kept a small collection of comics at my grandparent's house and that's where I spent one rainy afternoon in their attic discovering Batman and Spiderman among other superheroes.

I was in preschool and my ma and I were grocery shopping after school, I distinctly remember she was in a hurry to get it done and get home before 6pm as "there's this old showing coming back on TV tonight that I think you'll really like". Ha ha. Yeah.