Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default ECCC: Bendis 'Unofficially' Announces Jessica Jones Reunion with Gaydos & Mack

Brian Bendis unofficially revealed that fans can expect a new "Alias" title from the original creative team, after "Civil War II."

Full article here.

I loved the original MAX run so much. Excited for this as well.
    you couldn't buy a mouldy loaf of bread with your skanky ass

So it's official that Bendis pretty much "unofficially" runs everything at Marvel?
    Anyway, I can't wait for a Jessica book!

Wahoo! I hope it remains a MAX series, or at least MAX-like!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by silkspectre View Post
    I loved the original MAX run so much. Excited for this as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Wahoo! I hope it remains a MAX series, or at least MAX-like!
    They talk about the title of the series, but fail to address whether it will be back at their MAX imprint! I really hope so because it would not only match the tone of the Netflix series but it would revitalize the MAX comics brand, which they have pretty much left in the dust lately.

Surely there must be demand for R-rated superhero comics, especially after the massive success of the Deadpool movie? I'm not sure why the MAX imprint seems to have been dying slowly over the years. Seems to me to be based less on the demands of the reader and more to do with Marvel's reluctance to associate any of their popular characters with mature themes. I have enjoyed many MAX titles over the years and I miss having a 'dirty' alternative to the more colorful Marvel core titles.
    Last edited by Dwch; 04-09-2016 at 02:12 PM.

I think the name should be "Alias: Jessica Jones". It's good for the fans of the show, to cash a bit on it and make Jessica more of a strong name, and it still keeps the "Alias" series going forward, like a real continuation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think the name should be "Alias: Jessica Jones". It's good for the fans of the show, to cash a bit on it and make Jessica more of a strong name, and it still keeps the "Alias" series going forward, like a real continuation.
    The recent trade reprints were called "Jessica Jones: Alias".

And having freshly read them, I have to say that the tv series was better, and that IMO Bendis almost completely botched the Purple Man story.
    His out of nowhere 4th-wall-breaking took me right out of the story and made light of some serious matters.

Jessica and Luke have their own monthly books and their own TV shows. THAT'S a comic book power couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The recent trade reprints were called "Jessica Jones: Alias".

And having freshly read them, I have to say that the tv series was better, and that IMO Bendis almost completely botched the Purple Man story.
    His out of nowhere 4th-wall-breaking took me right out of the story and made light of some serious matters.
    I just think the Alias first sounds a lot better.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    So it's official that Bendis pretty much "unofficially" runs everything at Marvel?
    Anyway, I can't wait for a Jessica book!
    Run things? No but he does have a ton of power.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwch View Post
    They talk about the title of the series, but fail to address whether it will be back at their MAX imprint! I really hope so because it would not only match the tone of the Netflix series but it would revitalize the MAX comics brand, which they have pretty much left in the dust lately.

Surely there must be demand for R-rated superhero comics, especially after the massive success of the Deadpool movie? I'm not sure why the MAX imprint seems to have been dying slowly over the years. Seems to me to be based less on the demands of the reader and more to do with Marvel's reluctance to associate any of their popular characters with mature themes. I have enjoyed many MAX titles over the years and I miss having a 'dirty' alternative to the more colorful Marvel core titles.
    While I tend to think Jessica Jones works best with mature audiences (although it's worth keeping in mind that she's changed significantly as a person since Alias), keep in mind the reason why Bendis ultimately switched from Alias to Pulse. Jessica Jones was very limited in the characters it could interact with. Many characters (particularly Spider-Man) were off limits because you didn't want some little kid picking up a mature readership book because it had Spider-Man on the cover. Now these obviously aren't my rules, but they were the rules Bendis had to work with. It may be why a Jessica Jones book would be T+ instead of M.

Fantastic news! I'll be interested to see what the new run will entail

Cool. I hope Bendis would drop a few titles and focus on solo character books like JJ because his signature pacing style seems to work better for them.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Well, has there been any word he's dropping anything? How many books is he up to?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Well, has there been any word he's dropping anything? How many books is he up to?
    Besides Invincible Iron Man, International Iron Man, and the upcoming Civil War II, he's still writing Guardians of the Galaxy and he's writing the new non-adjectival Spider-Man book starring Miles Morales in the main Marvel Universe. That's four regular books, not counting Civil War II as an event book.
    The spider is always on the hunt.