Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    The ironic thing is that me, ascended and Sacred knight are the same guy. I'm the pre- crisis one, ascended is postcrisis family man, and Sacred is the hipper collar wearing scrapy PostFlashpoint model.

wait, does that mean that you guys are the male equivalent of the triple goddess? maiden, mother, crone

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Wait, if we're post-pre-52, what does that make Dispenser of Truth? Is he Morrison's Superman Prime from DC 1 Million?

And I'll try not to take the comparisons to post-Crisis as an insult.
    Dispenser is clealy Kal L...our original self, the one we clearly evolved from.

You are definitely PostCrisis Superman at his most awesome circa 1990-1996 ish. Plus since I know you are married and have a kid , im a bachelor and im not sure what sacred' s status is in that regard, you are the resident superdad. It's definitely not an insult.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 04-13-2016 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh, I just meant that he would have seen all this crap coming, that's all.

No man, my confidence in DC is pretty low right now. About the best I got is that this new direction is likely to fail once the hype dies down because its the same people in editorial and upper management who have crushed the character in recent years. And when that happens DC will roll out yet another new direction which may or may not be better.
    That was a joke, Ascended.

Since we're talking about our secret identities here, I out mine.
    I'm the abstract Platonic ideal of the sons of Superman and Wonder Woman across 3492 universes. I like to make jokes and can exist in electronic form to hang out with you mundane mortals on this mundane Earth. I guard the Hypertime for a living.

Here's a joke.
    In the 1930s, I told the Siegels a joke where they should make Superman have a mortal human female reporter love interest that would throw herself into danger for interviews with SM. Crazed cape chaser and all that. Even told them to make her clueless so she can't seem to see Superman in front of her eyes if he's not wearing his costume and cape.

It was a joke and they took it SERIOUSLY.

God, that was a mistake. Tried going back but was given a temporal restraining orders by the local Time Lords and my Time Bosses and so, I can't do anything about it!

Ha ha ha! Dang it!

Dang it again! It seems being a Platonic ideal and the sons of Superman and Wonder Woman does not mean you can't make spelling mistakes! Had to edit twice! Three times now!
    Last edited by A Guy's Name; 04-13-2016 at 07:00 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    I'm the abstract Platonic ideal of the sons of Superman and Wonder Woman across 3492 universes. I like to make jokes and can exist in electronic form to hang out with you mundane mortals on this mundane Earth. I guard the Hypertime for a living.

Here's a joke.
    In the 1930s, I told the Siegels a joke where they should make Superman have a mortal human female reporter love interest that would throw herself into danger for interviews with SM. Crazed cape chaser and all that. Even told them to make her clueless so she can't seem to see Superman in front of her eyes if he's not wearing his costume and cape.

God, that was a mistake. Tried going back but was given a temporal restraining orders by the local Time Lords and my Time Bosses and so, I can't do anything about it!

Ha ha ha! Dang it!

Dang it again! It seems being a Platonic ideal and the sons of Superman and Wonder Woman does not mean you can't make spelling mistakes! Had to edit twice! Three times now!
    not a funny joke

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Dispenser is clealy Kal L...our original self, the one we clearly evolved from.
    Yeah, that tracks. Sometimes, that guy comes out with the most interesting insights and I sorta hate him a little.

You are definitely PostCrisis Superman at his most awesome circa 1990-1996 ish. Plus since I know you are married and have a kid , im a bachelor and im not sure what sacred' s status is in that regard, you are the resident superdad. It's definitely not an insult.
    Okay, I can totally roll with Triangle era Superdad.

Behold my shrunken mythos and amazingly well-developed supporting cast!

That was a joke, Ascended.
    .....I totally knew that. For real. Totally knew.

I'll just be over here taking my foot out of my mouth.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    not a funny joke
    Not to you, I imagine, no.
    You might wanna clean your posts, buddy. I mean, I usually go out of my way to not read your posts but it's a good Zen thing, you know.
    Even the decision to not step on a single ant counts to make you and your universe more peaceful. Sounds Buddhist. Not that I know, I'm not Buddhist.
    God, we're getting off track, aren't we?

Once again, I had to edit twice.
    Last edited by A Guy's Name; 04-13-2016 at 07:16 PM.

Here's a joke.

Ha ha ha! Dang it!

Actually, that's wonderfully super funny!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

With Superman, DC is at least headed in a confusing direction, when I think Superman fans aren't in the mood for that right now at all. And if they don't radically fix Superman's continuity and overall storytelling, there will be much anger. Having multiple Supermans is just not a good idea anymore, it's divisive. Fans want one good Superman and New 52 Superman was not him, but they don't exactly want games with Superman incarnations. DC should have very quickly merged pre-FP Supes and the New 52 Supes and be done with it and use it as the reason so many classic elements and some old continuity are coming back with Superman (but leave out the marriage).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    With Superman, DC is at least headed in a confusing direction, when I think Superman fans aren't in the mood for that right now at all. And if they don't radically fix Superman's continuity and overall storytelling, there will be much anger. Having multiple Supermans is just not a good idea anymore, it's divisive. Fans want one good Superman and New 52 Superman was not him, but they don't exactly want games with Superman incarnations. DC should have very quickly merged pre-FP Supes and the New 52 Supes and be done with it and use it as the reason so many classic elements and some old continuity are coming back with Superman (but leave out the marriage).
    I don't know what is the end goal of DC, but they are making a mess with superman continuity. i think that a merger would e the best option to get the best of the two worlds

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    I don't know what is the end goal of DC, but they are making a mess with superman continuity. i think that a merger would e the best option to get the best of the two worlds
    I think a merger of some kind is inevitable.

Amazing Member

it was kind of disrespecting of them to reboot sups and give him a bad personality wail keeping the fully experinced batman the same
    making him OP

now it seem there evening the bar making them both adults and a father
    also superman and Lois book is faaar better then the new52 mediocre story arcs that barely goes anywhere
    It's more intertaning and keeps you guessing on how will he manage the earth 0 challanges
    Last edited by gtomanga; 04-17-2016 at 01:35 AM.

Clark's personality isn't bad. He's the same person, but younger and more headstrong.