Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I guess. I dont know the man personally and dont care if he is a scientoloist, a catholic, or a mormon. All I know is the guy is one of the few actors in the world that can bring people into seats on a regular basis. And the reason for that is he generally picks interesting material, (oblivian, jack reacher and this movie) hell he was also great in tropic thunder . He strikes me as an intelligent guy who is self deprecating but also he strikes me as a very hard worker who cares abut the films he is in. I aint a huge fan of Clint Eastwoods politics but I respect his films. I just see them as two different things.
    Actually, that's not really true anymore.

Tom Cruise hasn't been a box office draw on his name in a long time. The Mission Impossible franchise does great, but his other movies (outside of Tropic Thunder, which wasn't really a Tom Cruise movie) haven't broken the 100 million mark domestically since 2005's War of the Worlds (and I saw that in spite of Cruise)

I don't care about his faith, I just think he's a one-note actor who has a very limited range.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I guess. I dont know the man personally and dont care if he is a scientoloist, a catholic, or a mormon. All I know is the guy is one of the few actors in the world that can bring people into seats on a regular basis. And the reason for that is he generally picks interesting material, (oblivian, jack reacher and this movie) hell he was also great in tropic thunder . He strikes me as an intelligent guy who is self deprecating but also he strikes me as a very hard worker who cares abut the films he is in. I aint a huge fan of Clint Eastwoods politics but I respect his films. I just see them as two different things.
    Let's try to make this very clear: I don't care about the man personally. He could be the greatest philantropist and wisest sage that ever lived, seeing his face on my television makes my skin crawl.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Actually, that's not really true anymore.

Tom Cruise hasn't been a box office draw on his name in a long time. The Mission Impossible franchise does great, but his other movies (outside of Tropic Thunder, which wasn't really a Tom Cruise movie) haven't broken the 100 million mark domestically since 2005's War of the Worlds (and I saw that in spite of Cruise)

I don't care about his faith, I just think he's a one-note actor who has a very limited range.

The guy has been around over 30 years since risky business. The fact that he is still headlining movies is remarkable. There is no star in the world who has the power this guy has had for as long as he has. This movie will probably do 400 million worldwide easy. It does not even matter what his star power in the USA is its still huge. Who else has that type of track record? People can rip on him cause he annoys them or whatever but the guy is a star. He comes out with a movie a year and the studios still back him. They aint paying him for bombs and he consistently delivers. His movies have made a combine three and a half billion in uninflated dollars just domestic. This movie will blow by oblivian both domestic and worldwide. People can hate on him but his longevity in this business and his ability to bring people to theaters is pretty much unprecedented.