Thread: So Rebirth

Mighty Member

Default So Rebirth

Is it going back to pre flashpoint the new 52 or a little of both

Yes. Almost absolutly without a doubt for sure.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Is it going back to pre flashpoint the new 52 or a little of both
    Its basically still the New52 universe/multiverse but with some pre-52 elements added in. We won't know the full story till the Rebirth special hits store shelves on May 25th.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

It will be introducing some pre-Flashpoint elements into the new52 universe, along with pushing some other elements of the new52 universe in new directions.

Minor retcons, at best, I expect.

It's going back to the Mesozoic Era: the Age of the Dinosaurs.

Rebirths seems like mostly still the same New 52 but with some elements from pre flashpoint coming back (probably via pandora) such as heroes before Superman like Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, Ma Hunkel, etc. The main character affected seems to be superman with the return of Lois and Clark plus Jon. The sales of superman must've been pretty bad for DC to switch back to Lois and Clark.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It's going back to the Mesozoic Era: the Age of the Dinosaurs.

I wish we could get THAT Power Girl back too!

Extraordinary Member

It appears to be a recanonization of some pre-Flashpoint elements. It might not be going back 100% but its definitely reverting back to some extent. Its meant to be a revitalization of the legacy that the DCU lost with Flashpoint, so I think that at least means a decompression of the timeline (at least more than 5 years) and probably a recanonization of some of the more important stories of the DCU before Flashpoint.

I don't even think DC knows at this point what exactly is going to stay as the New 52 canon and what will be changed. Maybe all the Rebirth oneshots will make sense of their continuity, but I don't think DC really knows what pieces fit together either and are hoping that just covering parts of the New 52 with some pre-New 52 paint will make it all look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I wish we could get THAT Power Girl back too!
    Don't we all.
    Last edited by Badou; 04-09-2016 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Rebirths seems like mostly still the same New 52 but with some elements from pre flashpoint coming back (probably via pandora) ....
    Because the use of Pandora as a explanation was such a creative, sterling, and brilliant aspect of The New 52, which they thought our carefully and followed through on. *sigh*
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/