Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    honestly the propaganda against this movie is reaching ridiculous levels. Its looking at over 800 million in a day or two worldwide. It just cleaned up again in the international box office its over 500 million there. Yet this is what they want to write? The boss is a comedy, it stars the biggest female comic on the planet, and bvs is in its third weekend.
    Batman fighting Superman featuring Wonder Woman should be dominating the B.O. For multiple weeks. And it should already be at 1B to be honest.

Not a conspiracy or opinions, those are the facts.
    G.O.A.T.: Greatest Of All Time now on Patreon. Please support or spread the word www.patreon.com/andrewhuerta

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewHuerta View Post
    Batman fighting Superman featuring Wonder Woman should be dominating the B.O. For multiple weeks. And it should already be at 1B to be honest.

Not a conspiracy or opinions, those are the facts.
    Should based on what? This is crazy. Whats happened around this film is expectations have just gone stupid. This movie has already passed most cbms for box office. Its doing way better than MOS. This whole thing reminds me of anti hunger game people. Just chomping at the bit as the movies make money.

Astonishing Member

The Boss may beat BvS this weekend but it's not really a feat to shout from the mountain tops. It's nothing new, every blockbuster several weeks out always loses out to new movie in its first weekend run, eventually. As much as I am unimpressed with the movie, this kind of negative media coverage since it was critically demolished is so gratuitous and has left a sour taste in my mouth, like it's become fashionable to rag on BvS. Even when they aren't being completely negative, there's still a condescending undertone dogging this movie at every turn, like "sure it's made money but..."; "it's broken records but...". Despite my own personal disappointment in the movie, I am even more disappointed in how it's being treated as whole by the media because no matter what we may say to convince ourselves otherwise, the media is shaping what the general public feels. It's no longer constructive criticism but more "punching down" a film for not meeting a standard, as if there's a such a thing, fixed for everyone.

Extraordinary Member

honestly the propaganda against this movie is reaching ridiculous levels. Its looking at over 800 million in a day or two worldwide. It just cleaned up again in the international box office its over 500 million there. Yet this is what they want to write? The boss is a comedy, it stars the biggest female comic on the planet, and bvs is in its third weekend.
    Yeah I'd say 800 million in that amount of time is impressive for any movie. It's definitely being held to a unrealistic standard.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Oh brother. Why? it passed MOS for domestic box office total in 3 weeks. Its at 784 million worldwide. It passed deadpool for biggest superhero movie of the year. But this is what they cbr chooses to write.
    Maybe because $784 million is way below what the studio wanted, and with no major markets left to open in, it's now looking unlikely to hit the billion mark and will need to make all it's profit solely from home media sales

For a film featuring two of the biggest icons of pop culture, that's not a good thing.

By not mentioning how poorly it's doing in that regard, they are actually not burying this film as much as they could...
    Last edited by legion_quest; 04-10-2016 at 09:15 AM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

What???

I just threw up in my mouth....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Maybe because $784 million is way below what the studio wanted, and with no major markets left to open in, it's now looking unlikely to hit the billion mark and will need to make all it's profit solely from home media sales.

For a film featuring two of the biggest icons of pop culture, that's not a good thing.

By not mentioning how poorly it's doing in that regard, they are actually not burying this film as much as they could...
    Its looking at close to a billion dollars right now at this point. It keeps winning in almost every market worldwide three weeks in. And will do the same thing all week. Till jungle book. And honestly it will still be getting decent numbers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Venom View Post
    Rocky beat the ten count against Apollo by one second and that was enough to become world champion. The Boss won, so that's what counts in the discussion.
    A win is a win but claiming a knock out when someone barely wins is just lying. I know Rocky would agree

Oh brother. Why? it passed MOS for domestic box office total in 3 weeks. Its at 784 million worldwide. It passed deadpool for biggest superhero movie of the year. But this is what they cbr chooses to write.
    not to deminish the accomplishment of earning its 784 but if you told WB say a year and a half ago they'd release this movie (many were calling it the most anticipated movie of the year) with limited competition in late March and it would only be #1 in the box office for just a couple weeks and would be knocked off by one of Melissa McCarthy's lowest openings in recent years. 1.) they'd probably laugh at that idea 2.) they'd probably be somewhat disappointed even at the thought of that if they believed it.

but im glad to hear the news that it passed Deadpool. it is still a very good NEWSWORTHY accomplishment as well that probably should've been published as a headline

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    The Boss may beat BvS this weekend but it's not really a feat to shout from the mountain tops. It's nothing new, every blockbuster several weeks out always loses out to new movie in its first weekend run, eventually. As much as I am unimpressed with the movie, this kind of negative media coverage since it was critically demolished is so gratuitous and has left a sour taste in my mouth, like it's become fashionable to rag on BvS. Even when they aren't being completely negative, there's still a condescending undertone dogging this movie at every turn, like "sure it's made money but..."; "it's broken records but...". Despite my own personal disappointment in the movie, I am even more disappointed in how it's being treated as whole by the media because no matter what we may say to convince ourselves otherwise, the media is shaping what the general public feels. It's no longer constructive criticism but more "punching down" a film for not meeting a standard, as if there's a such a thing, fixed for everyone.
    Thank you. It is just getting stupid. A movie from a different genre starting a the hottest female comic right now passed a blockbuster in its third weekend barely. But hey lets not write that BVS basically pulled in 80 million over the weekend. WTF.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SIN TZU View Post
    not to deminish the accomplishment of earning its 784 but if you told WB say a year and a half ago they'd release this movie (many were calling it the most anticipated movie of the year) with limited competition in late March and it would only be #1 in the box office for just a couple weeks and would be knocked off by one of Melissa McCarthy's lowest openings in recent years. 1.) they'd probably laugh at that idea 2.) they'd probably be somewhat disappointed even at the thought of that if they believed it.

but im glad to hear the news that it passed Deadpool. it is still a very good NEWSWORTHY accomplishment as well that probably should've been published as a headline
    Exactly. How bout the boss beats BVS as it passes deadpool for the biggest superhero movie of the year?

For comparison of domestic 2nd-to-3rd weekend drops, here they are for nearly every major Big 2 related superhero film since 2008 (I'm sure I've forgotten something though):

Iron Man (37.8%)
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier (38%)
    Guardians of the Galaxy (40.4%)
    The Dark Knight Rises (42.5%)
    The Dark Knight (43.2%)
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine (44.3%)
    Deadpool (44.9%)
    The Avengers (46%)
    Ant-Man (48.6%)
    Captain America: The First Avenger (49%)
    Iron Man 2 (49.3%)
    Man of Steel (49.8%)
    Avengers: Age of Ultron (50%)
    X-Men: First Class (50.5%)
    Iron Man 3 (50.7%)
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (52.7%)
    X-Men: Days of Future Past (53.4%)
    Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (54.3%) (Estimate)/Fantastic Four (2015) (54.3%)
    Thor (55.5%)
    The Incredible Hulk (56.7%)
    Thor: The Dark World (61.2%)
    The Wolverine (62.4%)
    The Amazing Spider-Man (68.6%)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    For comparison of domestic 2nd-to-3rd weekend drops, here they are for nearly every major Big 2 related superhero film since 2008 (I'm sure I've forgotten something though):

Iron Man (37.8%)
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier (38%)
    Guardians of the Galaxy (40.4%)
    The Dark Knight Rises (42.5%)
    The Dark Knight (43.2%)
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine (44.3%)
    Deadpool (44.9%)
    The Avengers (46%)
    Ant-Man (48.6%)
    Captain America: The First Avenger (49%)
    Iron Man 2 (49.3%)
    Man of Steel (49.8%)
    Avengers: Age of Ultron (50%)
    X-Men: First Class (50.5%)
    Iron Man 3 (50.7%)
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (52.7%)
    X-Men: Days of Future Past (53.4%)
    Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (54.3%) (Estimate)/Fantastic Four (2015) (54.3%)
    Thor (55.5%)
    The Incredible Hulk (56.7%)
    Thor: The Dark World (61.2%)
    The Wolverine (62.4%)
    The Amazing Spider-Man (68.6%)
    Its already made more money than most of those movies on the list. This is how things get spun. Its hilarious.

Extraordinary Member

The other thing is people keep saying it's the trinity so it should be at a billion by now. Is there any movie that's reached a billion in 2 weeks? Haven't Superman movies been struggling until Snyder did MOS? Ppl had no confidence in a WW movie until her intro in BvS. And this Batman is a new batman heck- Nolan's batman didn't even make money till TDK. Yes ppl know these characters post Avengers/Deadpool that really doesn't mean much.

Its already made more money than most of those movies on the list. This is how things get spun. Its hilarious.
    I'm not actually spinning anything. I'm just showing it's second to third weekend drop in comparison to other recent films of its type. I mean, look at that list, X-Men Origins: Wolverine has one of the better 2nd-third weekend holds, yet it's not really indicative of overall quality or total box office in relation to the films around it.