Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    Thor and Hulk have not been in EVERY Avengers lineup. If you apply this logic backwards, you can say that the upcoming Justice League movie is not a "real Justice League movie" because Green Lantern is not there.
    Or the Martian Manhunter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    Thor and Hulk have not been in EVERY Avengers lineup. If you apply this logic backwards, you can say that the upcoming Justice League movie is not a "real Justice League movie" because Green Lantern is not there.
    True. And now that the Marvel characters are crossing over the Avengers movies aren't so special anymore.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Its looking at over 800 million in a day or two worldwide. It just cleaned up again in the international box office its over 500 million there. Yet this is what they want to write? The boss is a comedy, it stars the biggest female comic on the planet, and bvs is in its third weekend.
    Lots of Marvel fans are saying BvS should have held number one till Civil War is released and that failing to do that just shows what a total failure BvS is.

Never mind that, that would be 6 weeks at number 1 when even The Force Awakens the biggest US domestic film ever only held number 1 for 4 weeks and was beaten by Ride Along 2.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    I'm definitely more of a Marvel fan myself but I still want DC, or specifically a Justice League franchise to succeed, just to fulfill a fantasy JLA/Avengers crossover on the big screen within my lifetime.
    Ha that would be awesome but will never happen. Nevertheless that would be awesome.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Avengers is a phase 1 mcu movie and made more then bvs.
    Some one said bvs is really justice league 0 by the way.
    And JL will still be a phase one movie. Lets wait and see.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Keep in mind those were solo movies for some characters who were making their big screen debuts, and the big come together for the first time did make money like BvS should have.
    Keep in mind all the avengers were introduced in different marvel solo movies. This one just introduced a new batman and wonder woman.You cant really compare. Wait till JL then compare.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kumagawa View Post
    Lots of Marvel fans are saying BvS should have held number one till Civil War is released and that failing to do that just shows what a total failure BvS is.

Never mind that, that would be 6 weeks at number 1 when even The Force Awakens the biggest US domestic film ever only held number 1 for 4 weeks and was beaten by Ride Along 2.
    I knew that it would have trouble against the boss. Every movie loses its top spot. Like you said even star wars got beat by ride along 2. People write off Melissa Mcarthy like she is a nobody. She makes bank every year for the studio. Although I gotta say if she pulls of ghost busters I will be impressed. That looks terrible.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewHuerta View Post
    So we all agree that Deadpool was a freak of nature? Because im not arguing that.
    I'll agree only if you mean Deadpool was a freak of nature by having a good story

Spectacular Member

I knew that it would have trouble against the boss. Every movie loses its top spot. Like you said even star wars got beat by ride along 2. People write off Melissa Mcarthy like she is a nobody. She makes bank every year for the studio. Although I gotta say if she pulls of ghost busters I will be impressed. That looks terrible.
    I don't think anyone expected this film to be No. 1 till Civil War. However it should have been No. 1 until Jungle Book releases next week.

The other two big movies of the year Deadpool and Zootopia all topped the box office for three weeks. BvS is essentially the Avengers. It has DC's two most well known characters Superman/Batman as well as Wonder Women. I don't know how much adding Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg is going to improve the box office for JL Part I especially when none of them will have movies introducing the characters first.

There were some comic fans who thought this would be the biggest film of the year and put up numbers like Force Awakens. Now it won't even beat Zootopia world wide much less many of the other films releasing over the rest of the year like Civil War, Finding Dory and Rogue One.

Guardians of the Galaxy was still the #1 movie in its 7th week.

BANNED

Keep in mind all the avengers were introduced in different marvel solo movies. This one just introduced a new batman and wonder woman.You cant really compare. Wait till JL then compare.
    Yet you're comparing a movie with Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman to start the DCEU to Marvel's phase one standalone movies. No matter what, you find a way to try and put BvS at some disadvantage or downplay the significance of what it represents for WB.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mburns View Post
    I don't think anyone expected this film to be No. 1 till Civil War. However it should have been No. 1 until Jungle Book releases next week.

The other two big movies of the year Deadpool and Zootopia all topped the box office for three weeks. BvS is essentially the Avengers. It has DC's two most well known characters Superman/Batman as well as Wonder Women. I don't know how much adding Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg is going to improve the box office for JL Part I especially when none of them will have movies introducing the characters first.

There were some comic fans who thought this would be the biggest film of the year and put up numbers like Force Awakens. Now it won't even beat Zootopia world wide much less many of the other films releasing over the rest of the year like Civil War, Finding Dory and Rogue One.
    Honestly if you look at the returns its beat boss on both sat and sunday. And really it will be number #1 till next week.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Yet you're comparing a movie with Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman to start the DCEU to Marvel's phase one standalone movies. No matter what, you find a way to try and put BvS at some disadvantage or downplay the significance of what it represents for WB.
    Im not comparing them. Compare JL with Avengers. That is a fair comparison. Avengers had a five movie build up. Bvs is the second movie in a build up to justice JL.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tighelander View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy was still the #1 movie in its 7th week.
    Annnd Batman v superman blew buy Guadians of the galaxy in three weeks.

BANNED

Im not comparing them. Compare JL with Avengers. That is a fair comparison. Avengers had a five movie build up. Bvs is the second movie in a build up to justice JL.
    The MCU didn't have a movie the likes of Batman v Superman before the Avengers. You can't compare BvS to anything pre-Avengers. If you want to compare it to Civil War, fine. That's more of a fair comparison because we're getting introduced to a new Spider-Man. There's no point in telling us that BvS did better than any of the MCU's phase one stand alone movies though. There's no comparison there.