ConroyFan6229

Default New Comic Reader... Advice on DC REBIRTH?

Hi All!
    I've been into the Superhero genre - specifically Batman, for just over a year, now, and have got myself well acquainted with DC's cinematic and animated universes (Yes, I mean the Diniverse or Timmverse or whatever you want to call it!) Although I've read legendary comics like Year One, and The Dark Knight Returns, I've always been slightly confused as to when would be a good time to dive into the regular DC comics, and with Rebirth recently announced, I figured this would be a good time! So my question, really is this: I know specifics about Rebirth are a little uncertain, but what information should I be aware of before I start? Just to clarify, l will try and get hold of Rebirth 1#, then read the Batman, All Star Batman, Knighting, and Batman Beyond series, and have no idea of the New 52 storylines so far.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Rebirth is meant to be a jumping on point so you don't necessarily have to read anything prior. However in terms of New52 stories, it probably wouldn't hurt to read Scott Snyder's run on Batman.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Rebirth is meant to be a jumping on point so you don't necessarily have to read anything prior. However in terms of New52 stories, it probably wouldn't hurt to read Scott Snyder's run on Batman.
    I agree, just for it being good. But to be honest, you don't REALLY need to read anything prior. It's meant to be new reader friendly

It seems like the main Rebirth one shot will be more about setting up the general overall universe, will the books like Batman: Rebirth #1/Superman: Rebirth #1/etc. will be about bridging the gap between the previous runs and the new ones, so you should be more then fine just starting at any new #1.

Quote Originally Posted by ConroyFan6229 View Post
    Hi All!
    I've been into the Superhero genre - specifically Batman, for just over a year, now, and have got myself well acquainted with DC's cinematic and animated universes (Yes, I mean the Diniverse or Timmverse or whatever you want to call it!) Although I've read legendary comics like Year One, and The Dark Knight Returns, I've always been slightly confused as to when would be a good time to dive into the regular DC comics, and with Rebirth recently announced, I figured this would be a good time! So my question, really is this: I know specifics about Rebirth are a little uncertain, but what information should I be aware of before I start? Just to clarify, l will try and get hold of Rebirth 1#, then read the Batman, All Star Batman, Knighting, and Batman Beyond series, and have no idea of the New 52 storylines so far.
    Since you're looking at those series, you can always pick up trades for earlier works to get a taste of what to expect.

Batman: The Black Mirror (Scott Snyder's the writer for All-Star Batman, and he'll be writing self-contained, low-stakes stories. Jock will be one of the many artists on All-Star Batman)
    Grayson, Vol. 1: Agents of Spyral (Writer Tim Seeley will be continuing his ideas with Nightwing. Writer Tom King and artist Mikel Janin will be on the main Batman book)
    Batman Beyond, Vol 1: Brave New Worlds (The creative team of Dan Jurgens and Bernard Chang will carry over. Keep in mind that the previous run starred Tim Drake as the title character, but the new series will see the return of Terry McGinnis)