Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yea I've been pretty amped to read RH/Arsenal volume 1. Just gotta finish Outlaws first.

I feel like bizarro is a bad choice for a character,might read the first issue,liking the choice of Artemis though.

Im gonna be blunt. Still can't believe that they brought this book back with Lobdell. Couldn't even relaunch it with a new voice. RHatO was one of the worst books of the New 52, RH/A was one of the worst books of DC You, and so i fully expect this trend to just continue. There's no reason for me not to.

Amazing Member

I guess Lobdell writes a descent Jason, although he is a bit generic, in my opinion. His depiction of Roy however is atrocious! I'm glad the character is finally getting out of his clutches.

As for the writing, in my opinion, it ranges from meh (not good, but not that bad either) to ugh (terrible). Every now and then, Lobdell will write something nice, but he'll then follow it up with about four or five bad issues. Again, this is just my opinion, and I think the way he treats Roy (who was one of my favorite characters before the reboot, btw) might have something to do with it.

But his sales are constant, I suppose that's why he still has a book.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    The current Red Hood / Arsenal book is about on par with Lobdell's second run on the first book.
    RH/A became better in the last issues, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    I guess Lobdell writes a descent Jason, although he is a bit generic, in my opinion. His depiction of Roy however is atrocious! I'm glad the character is finally getting out of his clutches.

As for the writing, in my opinion, it ranges from meh (not good, but not that bad either) to ugh (terrible). Every now and then, Lobdell will write something nice, but he'll then follow it up with about four or five bad issues. Again, this is just my opinion, and I think the way he treats Roy (who was one of my favorite characters before the reboot, btw) might have something to do with it.
    The new 52 Roy is quite different from the old one, but I think some of the changes (like turning him into a tech genius) might actully be in his favour, when he is back at the Titans, since it gives him more distinctive role on the team. In the past he always had a little bit the problem to be in Dicks shadow, and in many cases writers had only one of them on the team.
    Last edited by Aahz; 04-11-2016 at 04:07 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sladewilson715 View Post
    Yea I've been pretty amped to read RH/Arsenal volume 1. Just gotta finish Outlaws first.
    Despite the naysayers I enjoyed RH/Arsenal and haven't read the previous RH/Outlaws because I normally avoid the Robin related Batbooks. Haters gonna hate I guess. Read Lobdells indie Four Points.

Loved Lobdell run 1, thought run 2 was decent but not as good, made the mistake of reading Tynion, honestly can't remember Pfifer.

Loving RH/A right now. And I'm cautiously optimistic about RHatO: Rebirth.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

i really liked Lobdell's first run. probably had a lot to do with Rocafort's art. but Tynion run was incredibly boring.

i actually love the idea of turning them into a twisted version of The Trinity. Red Hood, Bizarro, and Artemis. they could make this a team of all the black sheep of the superhero families. Roy would still fit in.