Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Oh good lord, just imagine if there really was Civil War during the 90's, with all of its 90's-isms...
    Considering that, depending on the timing, that could've involved Busiek's Iron Man and Waid's Cap, or Guenwald's Cap and Kaminsky's IM, and guaranteed followup on the New Warriors, instead of just using them as a catalyst for other characters' stories...
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

You could look into CW Amazing Spiderman, CW Fantastic Four, and CW New Avengers, just to get the full impact of starting a Civil War with your own peers. It tears you apart. It's transformative, because instead of being Super Hero stories, it makes them very serious. If you begin reading CW and resist expanding your reading, I'd be surprised. It is so engrossing, because it takes you out of the super heroes comfort zone, and completely upturns their whole reason for working.
    Last edited by jackolover; 04-11-2016 at 11:07 PM.

Such a big question deserves as complete an answer as I can give. Civil War was huge in scope and if you wanted to tackle it head on this is a complete unified list. It is based on The (Almost) Complete Marvel Crossover Guide, so I can only take credit for the image not the ordering.

Follow link to image.

I am always torn over how Fallen Son should fit into this because it feels like the denouement to the piece as opposed to the climax.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-12-2016 at 01:53 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Considering that, depending on the timing, that could've involved Busiek's Iron Man and Waid's Cap, or Guenwald's Cap and Kaminsky's IM, and guaranteed followup on the New Warriors, instead of just using them as a catalyst for other characters' stories...
    Spiderman on caps team, scarlet spider on Tony's.....

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    Thanks. I briefly tried Marvel Unlimited like a year ago, gave up pretty quickly because I hated the interface. I had trouble reading words, and it was very buggy. So, I'd be going through Comixology- I liked their guided view, and I may or may not have a way of backing up my purchases through that into files that can be read with comic book software that displays full pages better and more clearly than either MU or Comixology. Purely as a backup for purchased comics, of course.. hypothetically.
    It's improved dramatically. The nice thing about Marvel Unlimited is it's, well, unlimited. You can read a lot more stories for the same price.

Speaking of which, I was able to find both the seven issue miniseries and then like some sort of mega-version of the series with 100 issues. Obviously, I'm not buying 100 issues. Will I be okay reading the seven "main" issues in the series? Like, will I be able to understand what's going on and feel like I am reading the complete narrative?
    You will be fine with just the main narrative, but I'd recommend at least including The Amazing Spider-Man and Fantastic Four as well (and strongly consider New Avengers). Awhile back, I made a list that was the main event, books that were very relevant to the main event, books that were just good, and books relevant to that (it isn't everything, but it's more than just the main ones):

ASM 529-530
    New Avengers: Illuminati
    FF 536-537
    ASM 531
    Civil War: Opening Shot

Civil War 1
    She-Hulk 8
    Wolverine 42
    New Avengers 21
    Black Panther 17
    CW Front Line 1
    ASM 532

Civil War 2
    ASM 533
    CW Front Line 2
    New Avengers 22
    CW Front Line 3
    FF 538
    Black Panther 18
    CW Front Line 4
    Black Panther 19
    Iron Man 13
    Black Panther 20
    CW Front Line 5

Civil War 3

Civil War 4
    CW Front Line 6
    Wolverine 43-45
    Captain America 22-23
    CW Front Line 7
    ASM 534
    FF 539
    Black Panther 21-22
    Ms. Marvel 6-8
    New Avengers 23-24
    Iron Man/Captain America: Casualties of War 1
    Wolverine 46-47
    Black Panther 23
    Captain America 24
    CW Front Line 8
    Wolverine 48
    FF 540
    ASM 535

Civil War 5
    FF 541
    CW War Crimes
    CW Front Line 9
    FF 542
    ASM 536
    Iron Man 14
    ASM 537
    Black Panther 24

Civil War 6
    New Avengers 25
    CW Front Line 10

Civil War 7
    Black Panther 25
    ASM 538-539
    CW Front Line 11
    Captain America 25
    CW The Fallen Son 1-5
    Civil War The Confession 1

Read the 7 main Civil War books.

The end of the 7th book says some of the people who lost the war fought on anyway? Who are they and in what books and issues would their stories be found?

Also:

spoilers:
    It seems obvious that the status quo after book seven didn't last. How long did it take them to reverse/reboot/refresh/retcon it? Was there a miniseries or something where it happened?
    end of spoilers
    While the Status Quo shifted a bit, I would argue it didn't end until Siege when the Superhero Registration Act was lifted. But, after Secret Invasion, when Dark Reign began, it stopped being good guys vs. good guys. But the framework remained the same. So it lasted from 2006 to 2010.

Thanks. I briefly tried Marvel Unlimited like a year ago, gave up pretty quickly because I hated the interface. I had trouble reading words, and it was very buggy. So, I'd be going through Comixology- I liked their guided view, and I may or may not have a way of backing up my purchases through that into files that can be read with comic book software that displays full pages better and more clearly than either MU or Comixology. Purely as a backup for purchased comics, of course.. hypothetically.
    Marvel Unlimited and the Marvel Comics apps are different things, the comics app is literally a clone of the comixology app - I've never used the Unlimited app however.
    Cohost of the Attilan Rising Podcast available now: Attilan Rising Website | iTunes | Google Play

Monthly Pull List: I don't update this nearly enough

Quote Originally Posted by adameastment View Post
    Marvel Unlimited and the Marvel Comics apps are different things, the comics app is literally a clone of the comixology app - I've never used the Unlimited app however.
    There is a difference in image quality between MU and the Marvel (comixology) app. IMO rarely enough to worry about for back issue reading or keeping up with stuff you don't buy, but enough that I am still tempted by things I want to keep and reread, especially when the art is good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Oh good lord, just imagine if there really was Civil War during the 90's, with all of its 90's-isms...
    There kind of was, with Acts of Vengeance but it was the heroes vs the villains. It even had the super hero registration act which Mr Fantastic was against and even went to DC to fight it with congress.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The thrust of Civil War was hero vs. hero. Acts of Vengeance didn't have that. It did have Daredevil beating Ultron with a stick, though