Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Civil War II: Amazing Spider-Man #1

The drums of war beat in the Marvel Universe, and its heroes must choose a side. Caught between two friends, who will Peter Parker stand with? The battle lines are drawn for the wallcrawler this June in CIVIL WAR II: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 - a new series from writer Christos Gage and artist Travel Foreman!
    "Spidey's role in this Civil War is different than the last," says Christos Gage in an interview with Marvel.com. "This time, before he chooses a side, he's determined to really check things out and make an informed decision. Which should be a good thing - right?"
    There's a new Inhuman with the ability to predict the future. Though the heroes of the Marvel Universe continue to grapple with their feelings about his very existence, one thing is certain - he bears a tremendous amount of responsibility to use his powers safely. Thankfully there's one hero in the Marvel Universe who knows a thing or two about power and responsibility - the Amazing Spider-Man!
    As Peter uncovers more about Ulysses and his powers - will he ultimately stand with Captain Marvel? Or will he side with Iron Man? Find out as he swings his way into the comic event of the year when CIVIL WAR II: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 comes to comic shops and digital devices everywhere this June!

Full preview here.

Are those new Vultures?

The art looks...okay.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

They're the Vulturions, a team of thieves who ripped off Toomes' technology.

After what happened to Spider-Man when he teamed up with Iron Man in the first Civil War, I honestly can't imagine a scenario where he would side with Iron Man in any capacity. Given how they clashed over Mary Jane's new job with Stark Industries, I don't see them as being the best of friends anytime soon.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    LOL. They're older than me. Gage knows his stuff.

Astonishing Member

Poor Spidey......caught up in the middle......a-gain...!!

BANNED

Travel Foreman's an excellent artist in general, but he seems to be a bad fit for Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    Aaahh! Now I remember these guys .

I'm so down with Travel Foreman on Spider-Man. The backgrounds appear a little bland, but that just might be these two pages but the action looks very cool.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I still have Web of Spider-Man #2, which had a big battle between Spider-Man and the Vulturions . . . while Spider-Man was trying to protect the hat he bought for Aunt May. And speaking of the Vulturions, didn't Dan Slott pit them against the Initiative's Scarlet Spiders in Avengers: The Initiative #7, the second guest appearance in that title by Back in Black-era Peter Parker? Like the updated look, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spidey has precognition himself, and it saves him at least once almost every day. Against his nastier enemies, it sometimes saves him dozens of times in a single battle. OF COURSE he's going to side with the side that trusts a precog who is hundreds of times more powerful than himself. If you tell Spidey that precognition is not something we should trust, his first reaction is to do a spit-take. Not only are you obviously wrong, you are plainly a preposterous moron from his perspective. He'd wonder what kind of drugs you are smoking if you tell him we shouldn't trust precognition with our lives.

Amazing Member

Spider-man's facepalm on the cover pretty much sums up this convoluted rip-off of a story.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Stick with Captain Marvel, Spidey, she was basically your girlfriend for five minutes and you don't want to be a can't go the distance switcher again.

But let's be honest, Iron Man's crew are clearly going to be the 'good guys' so you know all the big players who aren't with him already will switch the second Robo Hulk kills Stature or something.

Extraordinary Member

I think the art looks fantastic