Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardian View Post
    I know he has said he's more of a Marvel fan. I just wish I didn't need to see Jim Lee's new designs on everything from Superman to Scooby-Doo.
    I like how they went back to the designer of the New 52 suits for the Rebirth suits, however many he did.
    I would be very interested to know whether or not they fielded designs from some of their other artists, or if they chose to go all-in with Lee again.
    (I really would have liked to see what Dan Jurgens might have done.)

batarang614

i just wish the boots were red, and the stripes and belt were yellow. otherwise great costume!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Unlike the movies, this guy looks like Superman.

I just wish that below the top red band of the boots the rest of it was also red.

Also hoping that at least one Leaguer gets to keep a high collar. I liked that---though every leaguer sporting them was ridiculous.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Back for noon feeding The Shredder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Frank cho actually hates Superman, so we won't be seeing that or his ultra stacked Lois.
    LOL Now that you mentioned it, I would be interested in a ultra stacked Lois Lane one-shot book by Frank Cho.

Or Adam Hughes for that matter.

BANNED

[QUOTE=nightrider;1932694]LOL this post.

1. The blue is probably one of the worst shades of blue that superman ever wore. Even the original action comics 1 had much nice tone to it.
    2. cape is too short, he looks comical.
    3. cape is too light
    4. underoos are too light as well.

A good classic version would be the JLU Superman or Young Justice Superman. The only artist that can really draw a classic superman without making it cheesy is Frank Quietly or Darwyn Cooke.[/QUOTE]

That`s Garcia freaking Lopez you`re knocking at, sir.

What more, shades of blue wasn`t the point of the post or example and you know it. Especially when promotional Superman by Quitely also had those color tones
    Last edited by Aioros22; 04-11-2016 at 03:32 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davewire View Post
    Considering Jim Lee's sale of Wildstorm to DC basically made him a part of the company and the merger of the Wildstorm universe with the DC universe during Flashpoint has forever solidified his partnership with DC forevermore, I'd say no.

Anyway, I like the new costume. A friend of mine said that he wasn't a fan of the blue boots, but this morning, it was pointed out to me that Superman's first appearance in Action Comics #1 featured the Man of Steel in blue footwear.

Attachment 34645
    Wasn`t the footwear supposed to be colored red, thought? Coloring mishaps maybe?

That said. I enjoy this design alot more than the Jim Lee armor set, easily.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 04-11-2016 at 03:33 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Frank cho actually hates Superman, so we won't be seeing that or his ultra stacked Lois.
    Well, he can't possibly hate Superman more than he hates Spider-Gwen! That poor girl.

In general, I like the new suit. However, I liked the New 52 suit for the most part, too.

I would agree that they could make the boots red, but maybe they tried that and it didn't look quite right.

Can someone do a photoshop of the new costume with red boots?

Also, do we know for sure that DC is killing the new 52 Superman or is it just speculation at this point? I hope they don't because the pre-Flashpoint Superman doesn't have the shared history with the new 52 versions of Bats, WW, and all the other heroes, so he'll feel out of place.

I think that's my main problem with these DC reboots/relaunches/rebirths. They try to make everyone happy by keeping elements from different eras, but then you end up with something that everyone kinda likes and kinda doesn't like at the same time. I think we're in for yet another round of nerdrage once all the excitement has died down over the relaunch.

Amazing Member Grayskull Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    In general, I like the new suit. However, I liked the New 52 suit for the most part, too.

I would agree that they could make the boots red, but maybe they tried that and it didn't look quite right.

Can someone do a photoshop of the new costume with red boots?

Also, do we know for sure that DC is killing the new 52 Superman or is it just speculation at this point? I hope they don't because the pre-Flashpoint Superman doesn't have the shared history with the new 52 versions of Bats, WW, and all the other heroes, so he'll feel out of place.

I think that's my main problem with these DC reboots/relaunches/rebirths. They try to make everyone happy by keeping elements from different eras, but then you end up with something that everyone kinda likes and kinda doesn't like at the same time. I think we're in for yet another round of nerdrage once all the excitement has died down over the relaunch.
    I don't think this is a photoshop. I think DC changed their minds on the red boots much like they did with the pants of New 52 Wonder Woman at the last second.

Last edited by Grayskull Guardian; 04-11-2016 at 04:27 PM.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Although I get and generally agree about getting rid of the strongman shorts....sometimes seeing pictures like the above makes me miss them.

It also brings on silly thoughts like maybe TFoS washing machine broke down and he simply didn't have a clean pair.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeaLB View Post
    I can't believe there are still people who defend superheroes wearing underpants over their pants.

It was embarassing. It was a joke. It was long past time to discard them and, hopefully, they will never come back.

Just goes on to show the power nostalgia has over some. Some people will defend anything as long as it's old and/or reminds them of their youth.
    They aren't underpants. The trunks were chosen to a) break up the blue look and b) evoke Strong Man acts that were popular in the day and age in which superheroes emerged.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardian View Post
    I don't think this is a photoshop. I think DC changed their minds on the red boots much like they did with the pants of New 52 Wonder Woman at the last second.

Much, much better. Probably one of my favorite Superman designs ever. Why the hell did they change it, I wonder? After all, unlike with Wonder Woman's sudden lack of sensible pants, the blue boots actually work against fan nostalgia.
    But oh well, I'm really glad the strongman trunks are still gone and fairly happy they got of rid of the high collar - I didn't hate it, but it just felt wrong on Supes (and most others). Just a true shame about the boots, really.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

BANNED

I understand the red trunks looking kind of dated, but removing them still throws off the color balance. I'd have kept the red boots and also made his forearms red to compensate, as well as give him a more prominent belt. Glad the armor is gone, though.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    They aren't underpants. The trunks were chosen to a) break up the blue look and b) evoke Strong Man acts that were popular in the day and age in which superheroes emerged.
    and though no one mentions it, they were also chose to, c) Hide the Junk. .. So you don't have to be constantly applying Heavy shadows, so as to not embarrass the reader (or Hero).

Fantastic Member

they can't give superman he's red underpants back because a crazed fan girl took them the girl who shell remain nameless
    refuses to give them back unless superman gives her a lock of his hair he will not however as he refuses to be black mailed
    thats way superman doesn't have his underpants lol
    I was in a freak accident there were freaks everywhere Dan vs