Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

In the 'kinda sorta applicable' category is Carla Speed McNeil's Finder, which is set in a far off future with various races, creeds, social castes, etc. - some of them are not dissimilar to ones in our world, others more culled from imagination. There's a nomadic group called the Ascians who're clearly based on Native Americans, but have elements of other aboriginal cultures. The main character, Jeager, is half Ascian and "half redneck."

Check out this book called Moonshot. It's an anthology book collection short comic stories from Native American creators.

http://www.amazon.com/Moonshot-The-I.../dp/0987715259
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Depending on how you want to look at it, Manitou Raven.
    And later his wife/Widow Manitou Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    [/B]

As for this, you've seriously never heard of Scalped?
    Nope, that's why I asked. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I wish Marvel would have used Wyatt Wingfoot more. I think the last writer to give him any significant panel time is when Byrne had him dating She Hulk.
    He was in FF a year or 2 back.

Turok had a pretty decent run at Valiant Comics back in the early 90s. Pretty badass how he went and fought against a bunch of dinosaurs. He also had that N64 game as well.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Turok had a pretty decent run at Valiant Comics back in the early 90s. Pretty badass how he went and fought against a bunch of dinosaurs. He also had that N64 game as well.
    Cyborg-dinosaurs at that!

I'm still waiting for someone at Marvel to resurrect poor Echo.

Any news on Jason Strongbow aka American Eagle?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Any news on Jason Strongbow aka American Eagle?
    According to Wikipedia, he last appeared in Warren Ellis' Thunderbolts, with a substantial upgrade.

I reread the first AE story for my blog, and I have to say that it was not a very good origin-story, much a less a good story. And in terms of artistic design, I particularly did not care for AE's oversized war-bonnet.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Red Wolf is motivated "due to get a revival. "
    His book has been out for months, is quite good and likely to get cancelled soon as it sells badly.
    Is it a new Red Wolf, or one of the previous 20th-cent versions?

I'm also trying to think of significant characters in animated cartoons, but I'm not coming up with much aside from Bravestarr and the fellow from GI JOE.

I interviewed Igor Baranko about his book, Shamanism. A fantasy sci-fi tale following a reality where America was never invaded by Europeans, the intensive research needed, and his art process.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...r-baranko.html
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

We came close to getting a Forge solo by Sherman Alexie. It didn't come off, and I'm unsure why, but that would've been a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    I'm also trying to think of significant characters in animated cartoons, but I'm not coming up with much aside from Bravestarr and the fellow from GI JOE.
    It's funny; there are two "major" Indians in GI Joe, who Hama, in the comics, used to pair together on occasion, but the one everyone remembers is the big stereotyped one. (I haven't seen the cartoon to know if they're both in there enough, but in the comics, it was, at least as an Indian, noticeable.)
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    We came close to getting a Forge solo by Sherman Alexie. It didn't come off, and I'm unsure why, but that would've been a thing.

It's funny; there are two "major" Indians in GI Joe, who Hama, in the comics, used to pair together on occasion, but the one everyone remembers is the big stereotyped one. (I haven't seen the cartoon to know if they're both in there enough, but in the comics, it was, at least as an Indian, noticeable.)
    I've only read a smattering of the JOE comics, so I don't really don't remember Airborne's role therein. Doesn't seem to me like he did much in the REAL AMERICAN HERO cartoons.