Incredible Member

Default Nelson and Murdock vs Saul Goodman

1. Matt Murdock and Foggy Nelson(MCU versions) vs Saul Goodman/Jimmy McGill from Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.

Overall, with Matt and Foggy being a team, who is better at the law?

2. Matt and Foggy move to Albuquerque and have to represent Walter White and Jesse Pinkman and their criminal interests during the events of Breaking Bad. Morals are off for both(And Karen Page).

Meanwhile, Saul moves to Hell's Kitchen and has to get Frank Castle acquitted for his crimes as The Punisher during Season 2.
    Who does a better job?

Incredible Member

I'm positive that Saul can get Castle out of his charges, but I'm also sure the Punisher is going to visit Saul afterward. He is a Criminal Lawyer after all.

Better at law? Matt and Foggy by far. Jimmy bends the laws, while Saul straight up break them. But no one spin BS into gold like Jimmy/Saul.

A match up of Matt and Foggy up against Chuck McGill, and Kim Wexler would be interesting. If your trying to find who is really better at law, and not going outside of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    1. Matt Murdock and Foggy Nelson(MCU versions) vs Saul Goodman/Jimmy McGill from Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.

Overall, with Matt and Foggy being a team, who is better at the law?
    Hmmm. I think Foggy has more trial court experience than Matt did (until Matt showed up for closing arguments), if we're evaluating "feats". Matt has swagger, for sure. But Foggy made some nice opening and interim arguments. Had Frank not thrown that trial, I suppose we'd be looking at a "win" for Matt and Foggy in what appeared to be a difficult case at best.

Saul, is obviously more cut throat given his moral flexibility and willingness to cut corners, but I get the impression this clouds the fact that he is also an intelligent lawyer. However, Saul is not a good trial lawyer. He's a better paper lawyer and better at interpreting the law than he is in court, so I lean toward Matt and Foggy as being better trial lawyers at least.

In terms of feats, hard to say. On presentation, Matt and Foggy, with the Columbia degree pedigrees to match, appear to be the better lawyers, while Saul graduated from some eastern, Pacific rim school that no one has heard of. Not that I'm dogging the guy. His brother was enough of a *&$# bag to downplay what the guy did. But compared to Columbia law? Hmmmm.....

In terms of actual cases won....maybe slight edge to Saul, who I believe won a few cases...pretty Mickey Mouse in nature....but wins nonetheless.

*flips coin*

2. Matt and Foggy move to Albuquerque and have to represent Walter White and Jesse Pinkman and their criminal interests during the events of Breaking Bad. Morals are off for both(And Karen Page).

Meanwhile, Saul moves to Hell's Kitchen and has to get Frank Castle acquitted for his crimes as The Punisher during Season 2.
    Who does a better job?
    Karen might not be much of a factor. Although a very bright paralegal/legal secretary, I don't think she knows too much about the law.

In terms of who gets whose charges dismissed....that's actually a funny question.

Amoral Saul Goodman who would pull every trick in the book would get sandbagged the same way Foggy and Matt did because Frank Castle sabotaged his own trial.

Dude could've had the greatest legal mind on the planet representing him and he still would've lost.

For Foggy and Matt, Matt would be on to the fact that Jesse and Walt were flat criminals and might be inclined to do the ethical thing and withdraw from the case.

If they take the case at all. They're probably more capable than Saul Goodman, but would they be willing to represent WW and JP?

Hmmmm......
    ----------------------------------
    "...the guy who went to 'Nam and never came back..."